Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243422 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #2055 on: April 27, 2019, 09:24:55 AM »
Not eager, Brietta, realistic. People can and do surprise others by doing the unexpected. Perfectly respectable sucessful people included.

I think you need to reassess your logic... Can you give sone examples of normal respectable successful people doing such things... You will find people you think are such have past behaviour problems... Such as, Shipman..
Once, again you are presenting your opinion as, fact

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2056 on: April 27, 2019, 09:27:11 AM »
The presumption of innocence is a legal, not a civil right. It has nothing to do with duscussing the circumstances surrounding a child's disappearance. It has nothing to do with pointing out that her parents didn't provide adequate care or that some of their actions and words seemed unusual.

It's a legal right ...a right that should protect them from defamation

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2057 on: April 27, 2019, 09:36:46 AM »
They would have been arrested immediately by the FBI if it had happened in America. Tampered crime scene, deleted phone records, etc. And they would have brought cadaver dogs straight in. They don't beat around the bush.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2058 on: April 27, 2019, 09:40:00 AM »
How many of them are subject to the sceptic internet treatment the innocent McCanns are?  Nary a one that I can think of.

There is discussion of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann on the internet. Her parents can hardly be excluded from those discussions.  You have formed the belief that expressing scepticism about their story amounts to treating them badly. That's an assumption, not a fact, as is your belief in their innocence.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2059 on: April 27, 2019, 09:42:45 AM »
There is discussion of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann on the internet. Her parents can hardly be excluded from those discussions.  You have formed the belief that expressing scepticism about their story amounts to treating them badly. That's an assumption, not a fact, as is your belief in their innocence.

You would object to being called a liar yet you accept others calling the mccanns liars... And worse

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2060 on: April 27, 2019, 09:46:14 AM »
It's a legal right ...a right that should protect them from defamation

It's a legal right which protects those charged with a criminal offence. Defamation is a civil offence
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2061 on: April 27, 2019, 09:46:20 AM »
The presumption of innocence is a legal, not a civil right. It has nothing to do with duscussing the circumstances surrounding a child's disappearance. It has nothing to do with pointing out that her parents didn't provide adequate care or that some of their actions and words seemed unusual.
Pre-internet we had the Magna Carta and the presumption of innocence ... in the internet age we have sceptics and kangaroo courts and a return to the dark ages as far as decency and law and order is concerned.  I know which I prefer to be associated with.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2062 on: April 27, 2019, 09:47:33 AM »
There are quite a few internet examples where handlers have judged it safe to allow their dogs to search landfill, probably as a last resort.  It does happen.
Saskatoon police officers, with the assistance of University of Saskatchewan forensic archeologist Ernie Walker and a cadaver dog from Calgary Police Service, search the city's landfill Nov. 1 for the body of an baby born during the Thanksgiving Day weekend GORD WALDNER / THE STARPHOENIX

Thank you.

I was actually thinking about the efficacy of cadaver dogs on a landfill site, rather than H&S.

But thank you anyway.  Now I know of an instance where a cadaver dog has been deployed.  I live and learn.

*&(+(+
What's up, old man?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2063 on: April 27, 2019, 09:57:26 AM »
We had an example of spiteful malice posted on here last night which was hailed a work of unbridled genius and yet we are to believe that sceptics here are above such spite and malice.  I think not.

I wrote it. It wasn't spite or malice. It was a quick witted joke.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 10:20:27 AM by Brietta »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2064 on: April 27, 2019, 10:00:31 AM »
It's a legal right which protects those charged with a criminal offence. Defamation is a civil offence
A person had the right to the presumption  of innocencevin a civil court... Civil courts award compensation for legal matters

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #2065 on: April 27, 2019, 10:00:53 AM »
Oh, come on, you can't fool us. We know you all cling to the same beliefs no matter how much you deny it.

quite cultlike in many ways isnt it??

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2066 on: April 27, 2019, 10:03:34 AM »
I think you need to reassess your logic... Can you give sone examples of normal respectable successful people doing such things... You will find people you think are such have past behaviour problems... Such as, Shipman..
Once, again you are presenting your opinion as, fact

Oscar Pistorius.

Normal, successful sportsman, no criminal history, shot his girlfriend several times then tried to claim he thought she was a burglar.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline barrier

« Reply #2067 on: April 27, 2019, 10:05:08 AM »
If I think it is wrong ... I will say so.  You obviously think it is right ... and you are entitled to say so.  I think you may be having difficulty here because you don't really have much of a case to make, do you?  Whereas ... I am spoilt for choice and have hardly started, given the rich pickings of sceptic belief to chose from.

I wasn't aware I was building a case,thanks for the insight.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2068 on: April 27, 2019, 10:09:37 AM »
You would object to being called a liar yet you accept others calling the mccanns liars... And worse

I answer only for my own words and actions. I have no connection to anyone else on the internet and I accept no responsibilty for their opinions or words.

This thread, of course, is about trying to suggest otherwise.  In my opinion suggesting that sceptics are connected is a ploy which allows the McCanns and their supporters to claim that everyone who disagrees with them is a sad, lonely inadequate troll. Anyone who researches 'sceptics' can see that's just propaganda.
Result = happy posting.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #2069 on: April 27, 2019, 10:10:04 AM »
Oscar Pistorius.

Normal, successful sportsman, no criminal history, shot his girlfriend several times then tried to claim he thought she was a burglar.

aj  ( andrew)   in the  us   this  week 5 years old and his parents  gave him a cold shower then bashed  him to   death   with head injuries  and  dumped him in a  field     claimed  he  was abducted dog  smelt   family  car  and  scent of  death parents now charged with murder  i would say andrews case has  supporters a  bit spooked