Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243405 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #2085 on: April 27, 2019, 11:16:11 AM »
I think you misunderstand the purpose if the thread...

It was clained that the purpose of the thread was to understand why sceptics still believed the McCanns were guilty of something despite two live police investigations being in existence.

The assumptions are;

That all sceotics believe the McCanns are guilty of something, and that the existence of two police investigations make those beliefs untenable. I find that illogical for a start. In my opinion the McCanns neglected to ensure the safety of their children. They weren't charged with the offence and never will be, but my opinion stands and nothing the police do or say will change it.

Moving on, whatever sceptics said was rejected. They were no longer being asked what they believed, they were being told. They were told what they (all) believed and when, how and why they reached those conclusions.

It may not have been intended but the thread became a litany of what supporters believe sceptics believe imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2086 on: April 27, 2019, 11:24:05 AM »
I think you need to reassess your logic... Can you give sone examples of normal respectable successful people doing such things... You will find people you think are such have past behaviour problems... Such as, Shipman..
Once, again you are presenting your opinion as, fact

Ted Bundy. Anne Rule, the author and a former police officer, worked with Bundy at a volunteer student helpline and had absolutely no suspicions that there was anything amiss with him.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2087 on: April 27, 2019, 11:25:39 AM »
I see paedophilia as an illness...its not a choice people make

They may not choose to be paedophiles but they choose to break the law when they act on their urges. .
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2088 on: April 27, 2019, 11:54:07 AM »
It was clained that the purpose of the thread was to understand why sceptics still believed the McCanns were guilty of something despite two live police investigations being in existence.

The assumptions are;

That all sceotics believe the McCanns are guilty of something, and that the existence of two police investigations make those beliefs untenable. I find that illogical for a start. In my opinion the McCanns neglected to ensure the safety of their children. They weren't charged with the offence and never will be, but my opinion stands and nothing the police do or say will change it.

Moving on, whatever sceptics said was rejected. They were no longer being asked what they believed, they were being told. They were told what they (all) believed and when, how and why they reached those conclusions.

It may not have been intended but the thread became a litany of what supporters believe sceptics believe imo.

I am not aware that I have ever told a sceptic what they believe.
Indeed I have no idea of what any particular sceptic does believe and therein lies the difficulty.
As I  said before it is akin to nailing jelly to a wall.
No one is asking you to change your opinion on what you perceive  to be neglect.

The thread is an opportunity for individual sceptics to voice their beliefs and to perhaps explain why their beliefs have been steadfast over the past twelve years.
I certainly had never thought that sceptics share the same beliefs but did assume that all sceptics believe that Madeleine's parents are complicit in her disappearance.
Perhaps not ?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2089 on: April 27, 2019, 12:54:45 PM »

I am not aware that I have ever told a sceptic what they believe.
Indeed I have no idea of what any particular sceptic does believe and therein lies the difficulty.
As I  said before it is akin to nailing jelly to a wall.
No one is asking you to change your opinion on what you perceive  to be neglect.

The thread is an opportunity for individual sceptics to voice their beliefs and to perhaps explain why their beliefs have been steadfast over the past twelve years.
I certainly had never thought that sceptics share the same beliefs but did assume that all sceptics believe that Madeleine's parents are complicit in her disappearance.
Perhaps not ?"

Looking at your posts you appear to see sceptics as a group with shared beliefs and a shared campaign. You also appear to reject what they say and believe that you know why they think as they do.

"the sceptic belief and campaign"; "the crux of the sceptics beliefs.";  "Is that seriously an answer you expect to be considered as a reason?"; "I find it difficult to believe that without all the myths, disgraceful newspaper articles and the McCanns being wrongly (IMO) made arguidos that these doubts would have arisen at all."; "all sceptics believe that her parents are involved."; "sceptics believe  that there is evidence against the McCanns"
Result = happy posting.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2090 on: April 27, 2019, 01:09:40 PM »
I see paedophilia as an illness...its not a choice people make

It's not acceptable! They should be locked up and never have access to children if they can't make the right choice.  They make me sick - controlling and abusing innocent kids! Time to get tougher on them and knife crime.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline barrier

« Reply #2091 on: April 27, 2019, 01:13:50 PM »
It's not acceptable! They should be locked up and never have access to children if they can't make the right choice.  They make me sick - controlling and abusing innocent kids! Time to get tougher on them and knife crime.

A local man went down that route downloading over 250,000 images,they gave up counting,he was given a suspended sentence the judge saying and I quote:

“I do not accept for a moment that you do not have a sexual interest in children. You could not complain if I sent you straight to custody but that would mean you would come out as an untreated sex offender.
“It is better for you to carry out one to one work with the probation service, which is better for the protection of the public, and particularly of children who need to be protected against whom the loathsome activities you were involved with.”

This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2092 on: April 27, 2019, 01:15:41 PM »
Looking at your posts you appear to see sceptics as a group with shared beliefs and a shared campaign. You also appear to reject what they say and believe that you know why they think as they do.

"the sceptic belief and campaign"; "the crux of the sceptics beliefs.";  "Is that seriously an answer you expect to be considered as a reason?"; "I find it difficult to believe that without all the myths, disgraceful newspaper articles and the McCanns being wrongly (IMO) made arguidos that these doubts would have arisen at all."; "all sceptics believe that her parents are involved."; "sceptics believe  that there is evidence against the McCanns"

On the presumption these are words lifted from comments on this thread ...
  • "the sceptic belief and campaign";
  • "the crux of the sceptics beliefs."; 
  • "Is that seriously an answer you expect to be considered as a reason?";
  • "I find it difficult to believe that without all the myths, disgraceful newspaper articles and the McCanns being wrongly (IMO) made arguidos that these doubts would have arisen at all.";
  • "all sceptics believe that her parents are involved."; "sceptics believe  that there is evidence against the McCanns"
Taken on their own and out of context are meaningless as regards your purpose for posting them.

If you disagree ~ exactly what with do you disagree.

If they are offensive ~ in what way have they offended you?  and so on.

Freedom of expression and all that ... I think means taking the opportunity to enlighten ... not to shut down discussion by posting absolutely nothing as you have done here.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2093 on: April 27, 2019, 01:16:29 PM »
My dog mithres me several times a day.  He has a ploy for when he wants his breakfast.  He has a ploy for when he wants a walkie.  He has a ploy for when he wants me to get out of bed.  He has a ploy for when he reckons it is playtime.

I am under no illusions about which of us is the boss.
mithres  - a new word for me.  It doesn't come up on Google as a meaningful word.  What were you trying to say?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2094 on: April 27, 2019, 01:18:31 PM »
mithres  - a new word for me.  It doesn't come up on Google as a meaningful word.  What were you trying to say?

Try mither - pester or bother
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #2095 on: April 27, 2019, 01:18:53 PM »

Mithers=bothers.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/mither
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2096 on: April 27, 2019, 01:19:33 PM »
A local man went down that route downloading over 250,000 images,they gave up counting,he was given a suspended sentence the judge saying and I quote:

“I do not accept for a moment that you do not have a sexual interest in children. You could not complain if I sent you straight to custody but that would mean you would come out as an untreated sex offender.
“It is better for you to carry out one to one work with the probation service, which is better for the protection of the public, and particularly of children who need to be protected against whom the loathsome activities you were involved with.”

They can get rid of these pathetic waste of time judges too! So he is free to stalk children still. What a clown!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline barrier

« Reply #2097 on: April 27, 2019, 01:21:03 PM »
They can get rid of these pathetic waste of time judges too! So he is free to stalk children still. What a clown!

yep,sentenced to two years in jail,suspended for 18 months.that was back in 2016,so the sentence has been served.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2098 on: April 27, 2019, 01:22:37 PM »
Try mither - pester or bother
Mither - According to the Oxford Dictionary of English, the word is dialect, used mainly in the north, meaning "make a fuss; moan: oh men - don't they mither?" The word dates back to the late 17th century and although its exact origin is unknown, it is thought it may come from Welsh.

OK Dogs do moan.

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2099 on: April 27, 2019, 01:27:17 PM »
yep,sentenced to two years in jail,suspended for 18 months.that was back in 2016,so the sentence has been served.

No deterrent!