Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243435 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #2205 on: April 28, 2019, 06:21:06 PM »
That's assuming they don't really know what happened to Maddie.

We can't be certain that they don't.

Their outlook appears pretty bleak whatever they know or don't know - IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2206 on: April 28, 2019, 06:59:37 PM »
I agree with your first sentence.

One can fantasise about an abduction for starters, one abductor or maybe even 2, hell why stop at 2?
Perhaps there was a whole coach party of abductors, 'watchers' keeping look out, getaway cars warmed in waiting, abductors making practice runs in the apartment the night before, bloodlines, paedophile rings....It's entertaining if nothing else.
Silly billy.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2207 on: April 28, 2019, 07:00:26 PM »

Are they looking in on this?
Yes they are.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2208 on: April 28, 2019, 07:06:10 PM »
That's assuming they don't really know what happened to Maddie.

We can't be certain that they don't.
There is always "benefit of the doubt" to be considered ... rather akin I think to "innocent until proven guilty" ... that isn't something most sceptics seem to attach any importance to if they ever take time out to examine their consciences.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2209 on: April 28, 2019, 07:08:06 PM »
in your opinion...where is the proof  you are talking about...show me the proof and your post has some validity ...without it its just your opinion presented as fact and therefore basically worthless imo

The proof is in every denial you make in the wake of overwhelming evidence.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2210 on: April 28, 2019, 07:14:42 PM »
The thing about fantasising is that it is the gift that keeps on giving irrespective of of probability or veracity.  I don't believe even Amaral suggested that Kate was an MI5 operative yet in the run up to another year of Madeleine's absence, a highly noted Portuguese journalist and author has made the allegation.

I find that quite remarkable ... and I will not be too surprised to see it adopted as the latest factoid on #mccann et al.

I agree...it’s absolutely ridiculous...not sure why it’s in answer to one of my posts though.

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2211 on: April 28, 2019, 07:19:19 PM »
The proof is in every denial you make in the wake of overwhelming evidence.

I haven't seen any overwhelming evidence.... Your original post claimed denial in the face of proof... You are backtracking at speed and stating your opinion as fact... It isnt

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2212 on: April 28, 2019, 07:21:19 PM »
There is always "benefit of the doubt" to be considered ... rather akin I think to "innocent until proven guilty" ... that isn't something most sceptics seem to attach any importance to if they ever take time out to examine their consciences.

The McCanns lost the opportunity to demonstrate their innocence, as the I believe the AG once said.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2213 on: April 28, 2019, 07:22:16 PM »
But it does matter. Even when faced with proof of something you deny it. This proves that your belief in the parent’s innocence is not based on a dispassionate, object consideration of the evidence but on blind faith.

Again... What proof do you have that I'm denying.. You seem to think your opinions are facts... They are not

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2214 on: April 28, 2019, 07:28:34 PM »
I haven't seen any overwhelming evidence.... Your original post claimed denial in the face of proof... You are backtracking at speed and stating your opinion as fact... It isnt

The proof is in your denial of the evidence in Gerry’s statement....the translator put the word key in  @)(++(*.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2215 on: April 28, 2019, 07:29:12 PM »
The McCanns lost the opportunity to demonstrate their innocence, as the I believe the AG once said.
And what a daft thing to say that was.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2216 on: April 28, 2019, 07:48:37 PM »
And what a daft thing to say that was.

Not really. If they & their friends had taken part in a reconstruction, it would have demonstrated their innocence by way of willingness to cooperate. That b........ Amaral was off the case at that point, so no one was trying to stitch them up.
Instead, they opted to hide behind lawyers & spokesmen, like most innocent people do.
Things might have been quite different for the McCanns in the court of public opinion, had they taken part.
But it isn't, the McCanns will be trolled by people doubting their innocence for the rest of their lives, & they've got nobody to blame but themselves imo.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2217 on: April 28, 2019, 07:55:11 PM »
Not really. If they & their friends had taken part in a reconstruction, it would have demonstrated their innocence by way of willingness to cooperate. That b........ Amaral was off the case at that point, so no one was trying to stitch them up.
Instead, they opted to hide behind lawyers & spokesmen, like most innocent people do.
Things might have been quite different for the McCanns in the court of public opinion, had they taken part.
But it isn't, the McCanns will be trolled by people doubting their innocence for the rest of their lives, & they've got nobody to blame but themselves imo.
What utter tripe IMO but thanks for sharing.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2218 on: April 28, 2019, 07:57:42 PM »
What utter tripe IMO but thanks for sharing.

Which part, or parts, specifically do you disagree with?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2219 on: April 28, 2019, 08:04:09 PM »
Which part, or parts, specifically do you disagree with?
Can you explain exactly how taking part in a reconstruction would have demonstrated innocence?  The McCanns agreed to take part but obviously agreeing to take part demonstrated nothing, so...over to you.