Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243418 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #2355 on: April 29, 2019, 08:20:35 PM »
That was in 2017. They could be suspects now. We have no way of knowing.
Seriously, how likely do you think it is that the McCanns have suddenly become suspects again in the last two years?  What sort of evidence do you think may have been uncovered to make them suspects now, but still not sufficient to press charges?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2356 on: April 29, 2019, 08:20:39 PM »
That was in 2017. They could be suspects now. We have no way of knowing.

I believe that is highly unlikely.

How likely do you believe that they are now suspects?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2357 on: April 29, 2019, 08:20:51 PM »
Yes.. If we were told at 8.00am they were not suspects that doesn't mean it's true at 8.30am ...great observation

Yes, that's right. Thanks.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2358 on: April 29, 2019, 08:21:53 PM »
I believe that is highly unlikely.

How likely do you believe that they are now suspects?

It's not impossible. And even if they're not, that still doesn't mean they didn't do it.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2359 on: April 29, 2019, 08:23:11 PM »
Seriously, how likely do you think it is that the McCanns have suddenly become suspects again in the last two years?  What sort of evidence do you think may have been uncovered to make them suspects now, but still not sufficient to press charges?

It's possible.

Personally I'm at a loss to understand what evidence the review found which proved the McCanns didn't dunnit.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2360 on: April 29, 2019, 08:23:50 PM »
It's not impossible. And even if they're not, that still doesn't mean they didn't do it.
It’s not impossible that you’re involved IMO, prove that you’re not.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2361 on: April 29, 2019, 08:28:50 PM »
It’s not impossible that you’re involved IMO, prove that you’re not.

I didn't have a passport in 2007. I was at home in the UK on the night of Maddies disappearance

That is evidence that I didn't abduct Maddie,personally, but you're right, I could still be involved, No one has said that I'm not a suspect, & even if they did, that still wouldn't prove I'm not.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2362 on: April 29, 2019, 08:39:22 PM »
The newspapers have learned that it is necessary to moderate comments under any McCann story prior to publication ... leaving out the less offensive ones.

Given that these were circa 2010 it is amazing how many of the beliefs propounded are still being proselyted in 2019.

These are but a random sample but from them it is self evident that in general - based on comment and likes - that there is a sceptic presence out there which ...
  • objects strongly to any police action being taken on behalf of Madeleine McCann
  • the excuse for that malice being rank hate of her parents for a variety of preconceptions held by the individual sceptics who rush to have them posted to enable them to crow about them on other outlets
  • money is always there in some shape or form
  • and as has been the subject of our discussion here ... the nonsense that all they had to do to get the case opened was ... ... ...

Sceptics spend a lot of their on line activity railing about neglect and as you have done the children being alone ... and are unable to make the connection with their endless campaigns either singularly or in concert with others to advocate the ultimate premeditated neglect of leaving a child to her fate by advocating it is too expensive to look for her.
Why is that?

Just what is being said in those comments to suggest that those making them feel 'rank hatred' towards the McCanns? That they intend to 'crow' about their comments? That their comments about neglect can be seen as 'railing'? In my opinion you are seriously overreacting and seem to have lost all sense of proportion.

If the McCanns had wanted the investigation to contimue they were entitled to request that.

anyone who feels unsatisfied about the epilogue of the investigations, will have the possibility to react against it...
They may do so in three ways: by requesting the reopening of the inquiry, under article 279, number 1 of the Penal Process Code; by appealing hierarchically against this dispatch under number 2 of article 278, or in another case, under number 2 of article 279 of the Penal Process Code, or by requesting the opening of the instruction under article 287, number 1, item b, of the Penal Process Code.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LEGAL_SUMMARY.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2363 on: April 29, 2019, 08:40:40 PM »
I didn't have a passport in 2007. I was at home in the UK on the night of Maddies disappearance

That is evidence that I didn't abduct Maddie,personally, but you're right, I could still be involved, No one has said that I'm not a suspect, & even if they did, that still wouldn't prove I'm not.
And if I wanted to write a book about your involvement I could publish it in Portugal and that would be perfectly acceptable.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2364 on: April 29, 2019, 08:42:17 PM »
And if I wanted to write a book about your involvement I could publish it in Portugal and that would be perfectly acceptable.

Fine by me, just so long as I get a share of the royalties.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2365 on: April 29, 2019, 08:47:40 PM »
Fine by me, just so long as I get a share of the royalties.
No chance, you’ll have to sue me for them.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2366 on: April 29, 2019, 08:57:43 PM »
A positive action on Madeleine's behalf by Kate and Gerry is met by the usual sceptic vitriol of the same old same old comment ... which if not a belief system ... why do they say it?

It wasn't a positive action when they left them - was it.

why do you call this skeptics vitriol - it is what they think of the mcs a right they have.

You have no right to expect everyone to think as you do B.

They the mcns have to expect condemnation for leaving their babies alone.

Why do you think - you have the right to condemn them.

After twelve years I think it is way beyond time for sceptics to stop using the pretext of neglect to attempt to interfere with each and every initiative taken by her parents and by the police on behalf of Madeleine McCann.

Where is the logic in organising a petition claiming neglect which advocates abandoning a missing child in the middle of an active search for her ... it is illogical.

Snip
   William Carr started this petition to UK Parliament
After being awarded another £150,000 on the 14/11/18.!!!! For years the McCanns have gotten off with no proper investigation into their conduct that night, despite plenty of evidence pointing the finger to their involvement in the disappearance of Madeleine . They continue to get vast sums of money from the uk taxpayers to continue the “search”. 140,000 kids a year go missing in Britain alone. What makes the McCanns a special case? There is something that just doesn’t sit right with me. The very least they should be charged for is neglect.

Reasons for signing

Why are we giving all this money for the McCanns when they are living in a nice big house, if it was my child I would have sold my house and used the money to search, as you said there is loads of people and children who go missing but do they get all this help No. the McCanns are disgusting specimens of parents, even a animal wouldn’t leave their babies alone for as long as they did.

It’s an absolute joke these two keep getting more money for leaving their children alone and scared at night. Something needs done about them. They are walking free when they should have been jailed long ago.

There is something strange going on here. Why were they not prosecuted for leaving their children alone in the flat and why did the other two kids get left behind. And why are they still being funded for a search. I didn't see Ben Needhams family gettinh all this support I think Ben was only news for a month and then it was only sporadic mentions

https://www.change.org/p/uk-parliament-gerry-and-kate-mccann-to-be-investigated-and-all-money-to-them-stopped
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2367 on: April 29, 2019, 09:42:36 PM »
Do you agree with the comment sayng that they should be responsible for their actions and they should pay for it and not to expect others to subsidise their actions?

If so would this equally apply to everyone whose " irresponsible" actions led to public money being spent?

I can't understand why anyone thought this case being reviewed by the British police would help in a search for Madeleine McCann. Nor why anyone thought that those police were equipped to investigate a crime which occured in Portugal. I don't know of another case where public money has been spent in this way.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2368 on: April 29, 2019, 09:53:10 PM »
I can't understand why anyone thought this case being reviewed by the British police would help in a search for Madeleine McCann. Nor why anyone thought that those police were equipped to investigate a crime which occured in Portugal. I don't know of another case where public money has been spent in this way.

Well I can fully understand why Madeleine's parents would want the case reviewed.
Hoping perhaps that this might help in finding out what happened to her.
Why shouldn't public money be spent in this way?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2369 on: April 29, 2019, 10:00:28 PM »
I think you probably already know the answer to that if you have read Kate’s book.  [ad hom removed]

I may have read Kate's book but I haven't learned it off by heart. It isn't up to me to go and find your cires, it's up to you. If you can't provide a cite for the McCanns writing to the PJ just say so.
Result = happy posting.