Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243419 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #2370 on: April 29, 2019, 10:04:50 PM »
I may have read Kate's book but I haven't learned it off by heart. It isn't up to me to go and find your cires, it's up to you. If you can't provide a cite for the McCanns writing to the PJ just say so.
I’m not dancing to your tune.  You are a scholar as far as this case is concerned and I’d be most surprised if you were completely unaware  that Kate wrote to the PJ and that her pleas were ignored. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2371 on: April 29, 2019, 10:06:38 PM »
I can't understand why anyone thought this case being reviewed by the British police would help in a search for Madeleine McCann. Nor why anyone thought that those police were equipped to investigate a crime which occured in Portugal. I don't know of another case where public money has been spent in this way.
I’m astounded that you can’t see any benefit in reviewing ALL the information collated to see what had and hadn’t been properly investigated or followed up, with a view to reopening the investigation.  Why are you so baffled by this?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2372 on: April 29, 2019, 10:15:12 PM »
Well I can fully understand why Madeleine's parents would want the case reviewed.
Hoping perhaps that this might help in finding out what happened to her.
Why shouldn't public money be spent in this way?

How would it help? What did they think it might find? I didn't say that public money shouldn't be spent, I said I knew of no precedent.   
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2373 on: April 29, 2019, 10:20:33 PM »
How would it help? What did they think it might find? I didn't say that public money shouldn't be spent, I said I knew of no precedent.

The  alternative to a review of all the information was what?
Just because there wasn't a precedent makes no difference at all !
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2374 on: April 29, 2019, 10:27:40 PM »
I’m not dancing to your tune.  You are a scholar as far as this case is concerned and I’d be most surprised if you were completely unaware  that Kate wrote to the PJ and that her pleas were ignored.

I have seen nothing in that book saying the McCanns wrote to the PJ as you claimed and I don't tell lies.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2375 on: April 29, 2019, 10:55:01 PM »
The  alternative to a review of all the information was what?
Just because there wasn't a precedent makes no difference at all !

It was you who suggested that public money had been spent previously as a result of 'irresponsible' behaviour, not me.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2376 on: April 29, 2019, 10:58:02 PM »
It was you who suggested that public money had been spent previously as a result of 'irresponsible' behaviour, not me.

No I was repeating one of.the comments which Brietta posted.from a newspaper which said that public money shoud not be wasted because of the irresponsible actions of  the McCanns and you seemed to suggest that you thought the comments appropriate.

I did ask if money should be spent because of the irresponsible actions of others.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 11:08:01 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2377 on: April 29, 2019, 11:10:12 PM »
I have seen nothing in that book saying the McCanns wrote to the PJ as you claimed and I don't tell lies.
So youhave never heard of Kate McCann’s letter to Rebelo that he ignored?   &%%6

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2378 on: April 29, 2019, 11:38:47 PM »
So youhave never heard of Kate McCann’s letter to Rebelo that he ignored?   &%%6

Well, it seems it was Kate McCann who wrote, not both of them, and she wrote to Rebelo, not the PJ. I still can't find anything in her book, but now you've been a little nore specific I assume you're referring to the letter Kate McCann wrote in December 2007 while the investigation was still ongoing. I don't know if he replied or not.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2379 on: April 29, 2019, 11:47:03 PM »
Well, it seems it was Kate McCann who wrote, not both of them, and she wrote to Rebelo, not the PJ. I still can't find anything in her book, but now you've been a little nore specific I assume you're referring to the letter Kate McCann wrote in December 2007 while the investigation was still ongoing. I don't know if he replied or not.
See?  You knew exactly what I was talking about.  Rebelo isn’t in the PJ then?  Who knew!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2380 on: April 30, 2019, 12:30:41 AM »
See?  You knew exactly what I was talking about.  Rebelo isn’t in the PJ then?  Who knew!

Omly after you came clean about who actually wrote and to whom. What evidence is there that Rebelo ignored her?
Result = happy posting.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #2381 on: April 30, 2019, 06:53:09 AM »
After twelve years I think it is way beyond time for sceptics to stop using the pretext of neglect to attempt to interfere with each and every initiative taken by her parents and by the police on behalf of Madeleine McCann.

Where is the logic in organising a petition claiming neglect which advocates abandoning a missing child in the middle of an active search for her ... it is illogical.

Snip
   William Carr started this petition to UK Parliament
After being awarded another £150,000 on the 14/11/18.!!!! For years the McCanns have gotten off with no proper investigation into their conduct that night, despite plenty of evidence pointing the finger to their involvement in the disappearance of Madeleine . They continue to get vast sums of money from the uk taxpayers to continue the “search”. 140,000 kids a year go missing in Britain alone. What makes the McCanns a special case? There is something that just doesn’t sit right with me. The very least they should be charged for is neglect.

Reasons for signing

Why are we giving all this money for the McCanns when they are living in a nice big house, if it was my child I would have sold my house and used the money to search, as you said there is loads of people and children who go missing but do they get all this help No. the McCanns are disgusting specimens of parents, even a animal wouldn’t leave their babies alone for as long as they did.

It’s an absolute joke these two keep getting more money for leaving their children alone and scared at night. Something needs done about them. They are walking free when they should have been jailed long ago.

There is something strange going on here. Why were they not prosecuted for leaving their children alone in the flat and why did the other two kids get left behind. And why are they still being funded for a search. I didn't see Ben Needhams family gettinh all this support I think Ben was only news for a month and then it was only sporadic mentions

https://www.change.org/p/uk-parliament-gerry-and-kate-mccann-to-be-investigated-and-all-money-to-them-stopped

Not sure what your point is B

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2382 on: April 30, 2019, 07:12:14 AM »
Omly after you came clean about who actually wrote and to whom. What evidence is there that Rebelo ignored her?
Kate said so and it was plastered all over the newspapers.  Do you think she would tell such a whopping lie if her lie could so easily be called out by the police themselves?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2383 on: April 30, 2019, 08:29:00 AM »
Kate said so and it was plastered all over the newspapers.  Do you think she would tell such a whopping lie if her lie could so easily be called out by the police themselves?

Clarence Mitchell said her letter wasn't ignored;

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell confirmed that Mrs McCann wrote to senior officer Paulo Rebelo but received no reply beyond a formal notification that her correspondence would be placed on file.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7544777.stm
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2384 on: April 30, 2019, 09:12:15 AM »

Not sure what your point is B

You posted ...
"It wasn't a positive action when they left them - was it.
why do you call this skeptics vitriol - it is what they think of the mcs a right they have.
You have no right to expect everyone to think as you do B.
They the mcns have to expect condemnation for leaving their babies alone.
Why do you think - you have the right to condemn them.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10634.msg523919#msg523919 in reply to a post of mine showing the efforts Kate and Gerry have continued to make on Madeleine's behalf in the face of the negative attitude and actions of sceptics implementing their beliefs.
Thousands sign Madeleine McCann petition to force joint review by British and Portuguese
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10634.msg523809#msg523809

Quite simply the point I have made which you claim difficulty connecting with ... backed up by cites which tend to indicate that the deduction I have made is validated by the facts ... is that while Madeleine's parents have moved heaven and earth on her behalf ... sceptics have done nothing but spew negativity on one hand while on the other have actively sought to curtail any positive action on her behalf.

It is there, quite clearly delineated in black and white and glorious technicolour as far as I am concerned is that the sceptic belief is destructive for Madeleine McCann as well as being illogical.
How can sceptics advocate opprobrium for the 'neglect' they allege while wilfully perpetrating the huge neglect of doing all in their power to halt the active investigation for a missing child?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 09:14:50 AM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....