Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243413 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #2490 on: April 30, 2019, 06:51:36 PM »
Your level of comprehension of the written word seems very low, considering that you are supposed to be a teacher.

How pleasant of you to say so..
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2491 on: April 30, 2019, 07:03:58 PM »
Clarence Mitchell said her letter wasn't ignored;

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell confirmed that Mrs McCann wrote to senior officer Paulo Rebelo but received no reply beyond a formal notification that her correspondence would be placed on file.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7544777.stm
As I said, Rebelo ignored her letter, how incredibly insensitive and rude of him. considering the heartfelt contents of the letter.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2492 on: April 30, 2019, 07:06:59 PM »

Do you ever reply to any supporter?
Certainly not to any post which I have directed at you.
I imagine Carlymichelle on the sidelines with pom-poms, cheering on her team. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2493 on: April 30, 2019, 07:10:35 PM »

Do you believe there is any merit  in the theory that Madeleine's body was hidden in a blue bag or a golf bag?

No.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2494 on: April 30, 2019, 07:14:49 PM »
Trolls and abusers have been in existence since man (or woman) were scratching on cave walls with bits of flint.
Online abuse is ubiquitous and precedes the McCann's by a decade on line - PowWow, ICQ, and AOL Instant Messenger were overrun with imbeciles posting any old sh**e to whomever they chose, as it was largely unmoderated, as were most other platforms.
You see it as a focussed campaign because you're focussing on it - Joey Essex probably gets more intense online abuse, you just don't have an interest in it.
I think there is a slight difference in that the McCanns (collectively ) have suffered a terrible tragedy (unlike Joey Essex as far as I know) and the attacks on them IMO serve only to heap more cruelty onto individuals who have suffered the cruellest misfortune.  Now, obviously if you believe they are murderers or evil liars then that gives you some justification for your sport, but it still really doesn’t reflect very well on those doing the abusing IMO, and I’d include everyone who is STILL banging on about the neglect issue 12 years later.  We hear you, we heard you 12 years ago, it may make you feel good about yourselves to harp on continually about it, bit at the end of the day it achieves precisely f-all.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2495 on: April 30, 2019, 07:18:05 PM »
I think there is a slight difference in that the McCanns (collectively ) have suffered a terrible tragedy (unlike Joey Essex as far as I know) and the attacks on them IMO serve only to heap more cruelty onto individuals who have suffered the cruellest misfortune.  Now, obviously if you believe they are murderers or evil liars then that gives you some justification for your sport, but it still really doesn’t reflect very well on those doing the abusing IMO, and I’d include everyone who is STILL banging on about the neglect issue 12 years later.  We hear you, we heard you 12 years ago, it may make you feel good about yourselves to harp on continually about it, bit at the end of the day it achieves precisely f-all.

I agree entirely, so why worry about it ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2496 on: April 30, 2019, 07:21:40 PM »
Poor child. If only the landfill nearest Luz had been checked soon after May 3rd.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-missing-boy-landfill-20190429-story.html

Homicide detectives will continue the search Tuesday for a missing 6-year-old boy whose body is believed to be in a landfill in Victorville.
Duke Flores had been missing for two weeks, his mother, Jackee Contreras, told deputies with the Apple Valley Police Department on Thursday after a family member requested a welfare check.
On Monday, the San Bernardino County district attorney's office filed charges against Contreras, 29, and the boy’s aunt, Jennifer Contreras, also 29, of one count each of murder.
The boy’s mother was initially booked into the High Desert Detention Center on suspicion of child neglect after her delay in reporting that her son was missing. She and the boy’s aunt were arrested on suspicion of murder after detectives from the Specialized Investigations Division and homicide detail responded to the 22000 block of Cherokee Avenue for further investigation.
Detectives believe, based off investigative leads, that Duke was placed in a trash bin, authorities said Monday.
Dozens of people — including homicide detectives, 36 San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department volunteers, 17 additional Sheriff’s Department personnel and landfill staff — and three dogs from K-9 units searched the landfill Monday for Duke.
The search area is an estimated 4,900 feet square and 10 feet deep, which is about 600 tons of material.
The investigation is ongoing, and both women are being held without bail.
Authorities ask that anyone with information contact Det. Narcie Sousa or Sgt. AJ Gibilterra at (909) 387-3589.
The two women will be arraigned on Tuesday at the Victorville Superior Court.
Times staff writer Jaclyn Cosgrove contributed to this report.
Didn’t someone on here claim search dogs were useless on landfill?  Why were they not deployed in PdL when disposing of bodies in bins is such a common and sure proof method of disposal?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2497 on: April 30, 2019, 07:23:32 PM »
Do you believe he would have wrapped her little body carefully in some type of covering and placed her tenderly in the bin or just opened the lid of the bin and thrown her in with just her little pyjamas on?

I neither know nor care.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2498 on: April 30, 2019, 07:25:25 PM »
An anonymous undiscovered paedophile spent years attacking those who didn't believe the McCanns and being praised for doing so. Equally bizarre and equally true. Better the devil you know imo.
No it is not equally bizarre.  For one, the two crimes are not equal, and for two, no one knew he was a paedo otherwise they wouldn’t have given him the time of day, the axe murderer on thr other hand was known to be an axe murderer from day one and welcomed with open arms by many “well respected” anti McCann posters and bloggers. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2499 on: April 30, 2019, 07:26:23 PM »
There was one, and only one, landfill site on the western Algarve in 2007.  That took all of the rubbish (domestic and commercial) from Albufeira, Portimão, Lagos, Luz, Sagres, and many towns north of here, up to the border with the Alentejo.

Two weeks is roughly two weeks too long.  It might have been different if the McCanns had been suspected from day 1.  But as that was not the case, the police dilly-dallied around with things like a week-long ground search.

Cite is Mark Harrison.  Before anyone asks.
Why would thr McCanns being suspects from day one have made any difference to whether or not landfill was searched?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2500 on: April 30, 2019, 07:28:36 PM »
In a word, nope.

Here's the longer explanation, should you need it.

Suppose Madeleine had been taken to the eastern Algarve, dumped in a wheelie bin, and went into the single landfill along the coast?  Should that have been searched too?

Or however many landfill sites there might have been in the Alentejo?  Or those taking rubbish from Lisbon or Porto?  How about the landfill sites in Spain?  Or Morocco?  Or any of the other countries alleging a sighting?

In summary, nope.
What utter nonsense, IMO.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2501 on: April 30, 2019, 07:31:03 PM »
Didn’t someone on here claim search dogs were useless on landfill?  Why were they not deployed in PdL when disposing of bodies in bins is such a common and sure proof method of disposal?

What search dogs?  Eddie? Would you deploy a cadaver dog on a landfill site 4 months after the event?

&%%6
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2502 on: April 30, 2019, 07:32:53 PM »
As I said, Rebelo ignored her letter, how incredibly insensitive and rude of him. considering the heartfelt contents of the letter.

You said the PJ ignored a letter written to them by the McCanns.
The truth (when it finally emerged) is that Kate McCann wrote a letter to Amaral's replacement which, it seems, was officially acknowledged but not replied to personally. In your opinion he should have replied, even though you have no idea why he didn't.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2503 on: April 30, 2019, 07:33:34 PM »

I agree entirely, so why worry about it ?
Message for Jassi: I am not remotely worried about it.  I’m worried about Brexit and Climate change, but tw..ty trolls on the internet don’t worry me in the slightest.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2504 on: April 30, 2019, 07:35:31 PM »
Message for Jassi: I am not remotely worried about it.  I’m worried about Brexit and Climate change, but tw..ty trolls on the internet don’t worry me in the slightest.

Well you certainly give the impression that it causes you concern - unless you just like to bang on about it for fun.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future