Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243406 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #2565 on: May 01, 2019, 11:43:24 AM »
You seem to be criticising the PJ for poor customer service. What a peculiar idea,  Of course their reply might not have been curt. Have you seen it?
What is peculiar about common courtesy?  Of course police are public servants and answerable to the public, or maybe not in Portugal, I don't know. 

"Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell confirmed that Mrs McCann wrote to senior officer Paulo Rebelo but received no reply beyond a formal notification that her correspondence would be placed on file".

How many words does it take to say the correspondence would be placed on file?  The letter was addressed to Rebelo - did he reply?  No. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2566 on: May 01, 2019, 11:44:29 AM »

So why is it SY did - because according to them PJ did such a good job in investigating K & G tapas 7

They decided not to go over it again because

The Metropolitan Police has confirmed it didn’t formally interview the McCanns because it was satisfied the couple had been ruled out by the initial Portuguese investigation.
What do you think?  Did the PJ do a good job or not? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

« Reply #2567 on: May 01, 2019, 12:32:22 PM »
What do you think?  Did the PJ do a good job or not?

Well not if - the couple had been ruled out by the initial Portuguese investigation.

But there again it could be just SY excuse -  for not starting at the beginning.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2568 on: May 01, 2019, 12:38:57 PM »
What is peculiar about common courtesy?  Of course police are public servants and answerable to the public, or maybe not in Portugal, I don't know. 

"Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell confirmed that Mrs McCann wrote to senior officer Paulo Rebelo but received no reply beyond a formal notification that her correspondence would be placed on file".

How many words does it take to say the correspondence would be placed on file?  The letter was addressed to Rebelo - did he reply?  No.

The PJ may be answerable to the Portuguese public but not to other nationalities and their obligations to suspects are restricted to those laid down by Portuguese law imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2569 on: May 01, 2019, 12:56:23 PM »
The PJ may be answerable to the Portuguese public but not to other nationalities and their obligations to suspects are restricted to those laid down by Portuguese law imo.
Do you accept now that the McCanns wrote to the PJ and their pleas were ignored.  Probably not! 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2570 on: May 01, 2019, 01:40:52 PM »
Do you accept now that the McCanns wrote to the PJ and their pleas were ignored.  Probably not!

I think Kate McCann knew very well that the PJ weren't able to give her any information due to the judicial secrecy laws. I think she knew very well that they were not going to work togather with atguidos. Therefore I'm not sure what she hoped to acieve. Maybe she would have got a better reaction if she'd offered to return to Portugal and answer those questions she refused to answer when she was 'working with them' previously?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #2571 on: May 01, 2019, 01:44:03 PM »
I think Kate McCann knew very well that the PJ weren't able to give her any information due to the judicial secrecy laws. I think she knew very well that they were not going to work togather with atguidos. Therefore I'm not sure what she hoped to acieve. Maybe she would have got a better reaction if she'd offered to return to Portugal and answer those questions she refused to answer when she was 'working with them' previously?

That would have been a novel approach.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2572 on: May 01, 2019, 01:44:59 PM »
Yes, but do you now accept that the McCanns wrote to the PJ and their please were ignored, like I said many dozens of posts ago and about which you have been nit-picking ever since?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2573 on: May 01, 2019, 01:53:44 PM »

It would appear to be a constant sceptic belief that Kate McCann was not entitled to refuse to answer questions when she was made an arguida in accordance with Portuguese law.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #2574 on: May 01, 2019, 01:57:33 PM »
Cooperation is a two way street.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2575 on: May 01, 2019, 02:01:04 PM »
Cooperation is a two way street.
Gerry cooperated with the PJ, if he'd written the letter instead do you think his letter wouldn't have been ignored? 

Offline jassi

« Reply #2576 on: May 01, 2019, 02:02:39 PM »
Gerry cooperated with the PJ, if he'd written the letter instead do you think his letter wouldn't have been ignored?

We will never know,so why speculate ?

Or maybe not -

Offline kizzy

« Reply #2577 on: May 01, 2019, 02:05:23 PM »
It would appear to be a constant sceptic belief that Kate McCann was not entitled to refuse to answer questions when she was made an arguida in accordance with Portuguese law.

Whatever - she refused to answer although knowing it could harm the investigation as to what happened to Maddie

Why do that - oh yes she thought it may harm her IMO if she answered the questions.

Offline The General

« Reply #2578 on: May 01, 2019, 02:07:19 PM »
What would be the reason for her not answering a pretty routine set of questions? After all, in the one question she did answer, she confirmed that not doing so may impede the search for her daughter - so she's aware of the ramifications.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline The General

« Reply #2579 on: May 01, 2019, 02:11:23 PM »
Maybe relations had soured to the point where professional responses were not forthcoming.
Or perhaps they perceived it as a gimmick, bearing in mind their stance on the outcome of their investigation.
Perhaps there was a legal embargo on such responses, including discussing responses.
Perhaps it was poorly translated, then poorly transcribed.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum