Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243414 times)

Offline barrier

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #2895 on: May 11, 2019, 07:31:23 PM »
I've seen drug dogs, in New Zealand I think, go past a person arriving at Auckland airport without alerting.

Then go back for a second bite at the cherry.

They are not laser guided missiles.  They're dogs!

On tv the other night a drug dog was searching parcels placed on the floor of a sorting office at an airport in Canada,the dogs were cued to smell each one.It picked one which contained cannabis.Of course they are cued,hunting dogs are cued,search and rescue dogs are cued,working dogs shepherding sheep are cued.Whats the issue with it?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2896 on: May 11, 2019, 07:31:36 PM »
I'm not giving you my opinion.

I'm giving you just a single instance out of many where a police dog did not home in the first time, but needed more than one pass before alerting.  It seems to be quite usual.

You are giving your personal experience which may or may not be accurate... Cannot be counted as fact... And therefore carries no weight

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2897 on: May 11, 2019, 07:34:29 PM »
Absolute sophistry.
sophistry

noun
the use of clever but false arguments, especially with the intention of deceiving.
"trying to argue that I had benefited in any way from the disaster was pure sophistry"
a fallacious argument.
plural noun: sophistries
synonyms:   specious reasoning, the use of fallacious arguments, sophism, casuistry, quibbling, equivocation, fallaciousness"

Basically accusing Davel of lying.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2898 on: May 11, 2019, 07:36:14 PM »
In you opinion.. But Rob only seems to enforce that rule on my posts
It is a claim of fact so you need to ask for a cite.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2899 on: May 11, 2019, 07:36:35 PM »
The apartment probably stank of luminol and other forensic chemicals... Alerting Eddie to a forensic scene.. That's why he eas, excited IMO.. I think the conspiracy  nuts, are those that think SY and the govt ate protecting the mccanns... Are you one of those... Your post us simplistic  and childlike

I have heard it all now....Eddie knew it was a crime scene...which begs the question, why didn’t he alert to Murat’s gaff, forensics had been carried out there too ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2900 on: May 11, 2019, 07:38:18 PM »
It is a claim of fact so you need to ask for a cite.

the fact i use the word...seems...means i am not stating fact...please note

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2901 on: May 11, 2019, 07:39:24 PM »
I have heard it all now....Eddie knew it was a crime scene...which begs the question, why didn’t he alert to Murat’s gaff, forensics had been carried out there too ?

because he wasnt given time......in all things mccann ...the dog ignored sites but was given more chances to alert

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2902 on: May 11, 2019, 07:41:04 PM »
sophistry

noun
the use of clever but false arguments, especially with the intention of deceiving.
"trying to argue that I had benefited in any way from the disaster was pure sophistry"
a fallacious argument.
plural noun: sophistries
synonyms:   specious reasoning, the use of fallacious arguments, sophism, casuistry, quibbling, equivocation, fallaciousness"

Basically accusing Davel of lying.

so the post..absolute sophistry...is opinion as fact and accusing me of lying...what do you intend to do about taht

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2903 on: May 11, 2019, 07:44:01 PM »
because he wasnt given time......in all things mccann ...the dog ignored sites but was given more chances to alert

He wasn’t given time ? You know this because....?

If the above statement is true then you are not talking about unconscious cuing but very targeted cuing. To be clear, is that what you are accusing Grime of ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2904 on: May 11, 2019, 07:44:25 PM »
You are giving your personal experience which may or may not be accurate... Cannot be counted as fact... And therefore carries no weight

Don't worry about it.  I am simply informing guests, and they can think about it for themselves.

@Barrier.  One of my favourite drug doggies is a golden Labrador that alerts to incoming mail and packages on an airport carousel.  The way it alerts is simple.  It sits down next to the suspicious package.

I've wondered about whether that dog has ever disappeared into the interior of the carousel because the handler was distracted.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2905 on: May 11, 2019, 07:46:28 PM »
Don't worry about it.  I am simply informing guests, and they can think about it for themselves.

@Barrier.  One of my favourite drug doggies is a golden Labrador that alerts to incoming mail and packages on an airport carousel.  The way it alerts is simple.  It sits down next to the suspicious package.

I've wondered about whether that dog has ever disappeared into the interior of the carousel because the handler was distracted.

how many guests do you think read this forum...Im absolutely convinced its a few and the figure on here is false...Ive raised the issue before with no response...there are currently 4 guests reading this thraed

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2906 on: May 11, 2019, 07:48:54 PM »
He wasn’t given time ? You know this because....?

If the above statement is true then you are not talking about unconscious cuing but very targeted cuing. To be clear, is that what you are accusing Grime of ?

ive posted teh same many times...grime didnt want to miss any evidence and the alerts are therefore affected by this...look at cuddle act

Offline barrier

« Reply #2907 on: May 11, 2019, 07:48:59 PM »

The dog in question was a Spaniel,it sat next to the parcel in question,the dog wasn't rewarded until the package had been opened and its contents confirmed.The offending package was put back on the floor along with known clear packages,when it alerted again to the drug one,it was then rewarded to reinforce what it was supposed to be alerting to.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2908 on: May 11, 2019, 07:50:02 PM »
how many guests do you think read this forum...Im absolutely convinced its a few and the figure on here is false...Ive raised the issue before with no response...there are currently 4 guests reading this thraed

They tend to crank up overnight.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2909 on: May 11, 2019, 07:51:29 PM »
They tend to crank up overnight.

there are 4 guests raeding this thraed....at night its often zero