Author Topic: Former PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao arrested for armed robbery.  (Read 63073 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Former PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao arrested for armed robbery.
« Reply #375 on: January 27, 2022, 07:37:18 PM »
Afaiaa.
That could never happen now we are out of the EU...

I think it still can.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #376 on: January 27, 2022, 07:38:45 PM »
Can still happen.

Hendry has an international arrest warrant against him for his extradition to the UK on charges of drug trafficking and belonging to a criminal gang in Liverpool.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/21/british-fugitive-arrested-in-spain-24-hours-after-appeal-launched#:~:text=One%20of%20Britain's%20most%20wanted,him%20out%20walking%20a%20dog.

As I understand Germany are very reluctant at extradition outside the EU involving a German citizen

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #377 on: January 27, 2022, 07:45:42 PM »

As I understand Germany are very reluctant at extradition outside the EU involving a German citizen

Do you have a source?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #378 on: January 27, 2022, 07:56:37 PM »
Do you have a source?

I was relying on memory but found this

Germany manages the extradition of its citizens differently from non-citizens. The reason for this is that according to Article 16 Grundgesetz (German Constitution), German citizens enjoy special protection that is only granted to them. According to this provision, Germans cannot be deported to other states, except other EU member states or international courts. However, what is important to note is third countries (non-EU states) are not recognised as potential extradition destinations under the German Constitution and extradition to those countries is prohibited.

Offline barrier

« Reply #379 on: January 27, 2022, 08:03:52 PM »
I was relying on memory but found this

Germany manages the extradition of its citizens differently from non-citizens. The reason for this is that according to Article 16 Grundgesetz (German Constitution), German citizens enjoy special protection that is only granted to them. According to this provision, Germans cannot be deported to other states, except other EU member states or international courts. However, what is important to note is third countries (non-EU states) are not recognised as potential extradition destinations under the German Constitution and extradition to those countries is prohibited.

I guess it will work the other way should it happen.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline misty

« Reply #380 on: April 02, 2023, 02:04:22 AM »
https://www.publico.pt/2023/03/07/mundo/noticia/paulo-pereira-cristovao-dez-dias-preparar-refeicoes-quentes-militares-ucrania-2041405

It appears the former PJ Inspector Paulo Pereira, currently serving a 7 year sentence for various serious crimes, has been allowed to travel to Ukraine and engage in a different form of serving. Some feathers have been ruffled.
https://www.cmjornal.pt/tv-media/detalhe/um-branqueamento-involuntario-mas-lamentavel-provedor-arrasa-artigo-do-publico?ref=Mais%20Sobre_BlocoMaisSobre

"An involuntary whitewashing, but regrettable", is the title of the article by 'Público' ombudsman, José Alberto Lemos, in this Saturday's edition, where the author harshly criticizes a text published on March 7 in the digital edition of that newspaper.

Reports Paulo Pereira Cristóvão's trip to Ukraine to help. "An emotional, almost moving story", as José Alberto Lemos writes, but with a problem: "The article had no reference to the protagonist's criminal past". The former PJ agent and former vice-president of Sporting "led a gang that robbed private homes", recalls the ombudsman, and has already been "convicted twice in court".

Does anyone know of another prison system which grants its inmates such international "freedom"?

Offline jassi

« Reply #381 on: April 02, 2023, 11:19:42 AM »
Will he not have served his sentence by now, or at least be out on parole?

Not sure that being in a country at war can be described as much of an international freedom
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #382 on: April 02, 2023, 12:51:06 PM »
Will he not have served his sentence by now, or at least be out on parole?

Not sure that being in a country at war can be described as much of an international freedom
I expect he could have said "no thanks" unless Portugal is now pressganging its criminals into fighting other people's wars.  The issue isn't so much him going off to Ukraine whilst still an inmate, but more the fact that parts of the PT press appears to be feting him as some sort of hero whilst failing to mention his career as an armed robber. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #383 on: April 02, 2023, 01:02:38 PM »

This man is dangerous.  In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was involved in Madeleine's disappearance.

There is a very nice photo of him and Amaral along with the lovely Sofia after her face and body lift.  What ever happened to her I wonder?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #384 on: April 02, 2023, 03:48:09 PM »
This man is dangerous.  In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was involved in Madeleine's disappearance.

There is a very nice photo of him and Amaral along with the lovely Sofia after her face and body lift.  What ever happened to her I wonder?

Your post is libellous. There is no evidence at all Christovao could be involved in Madeleine's disappearance.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline sadie

« Reply #385 on: April 02, 2023, 11:34:06 PM »

Well he looks a good deal more like one of The Smiths sighting images than Gerry ever did.

I also wonder, why was he put in charge of the new * Portuguese Association for Missing Children *, but refuse to include the missing Madeleine?   

What I would like to know is,   * Who appointed such an unsuitable (IMO) man to such a position?  * .   And I think that if I were investigating, I would have a good look at him too.

IMO.  Just my wonderings

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #386 on: April 02, 2023, 11:41:25 PM »
Well he looks a good deal more like one of The Smiths sighting images than Gerry ever did.

I also wonder, why was he put in charge of the new * Portuguese Association for Missing Children *, but refuse to include the missing Madeleine?   

What I would like to know is,   * Who appointed such an unsuitable (IMO) man to such a position?  * .   And I think that if I were investigating, I would have a good look at him too.

IMO.  Just my wonderings

IYO, Perhaps. But Martin Smith indicated to the police that he believed he saw Gerry. Not Paulo Cristovao.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #387 on: April 02, 2023, 11:52:59 PM »

IMO.  Just my wonderings

Quite right too, Sadie.