Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 406522 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #2055 on: June 15, 2016, 05:48:45 PM »
... And they still didn't find her. So difficult to suggest that more time and effort automatically means a missing person will be found.

April's parents were at least able to bury what was found of her remains and to get some comfort from the support of their community.
I cannot imagine the pain of it all, but they still have to live with coming to terms with her loss, I don't think that will ever fade..

**snip
"The police didn't find April's body but following the inquest what we do have are some of her remains that we are able to bury.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-24275423

**snip
The only remains that have been recovered are spots of her blood found at Bridger's cottage and tiny bone fragments discovered in his log burner that the police – and April's family – believe are pieces of her skull.

The lack of a body means that April's family will probably never know the full story of what happened to the little girl in the minutes, or hours, before she died.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/may/30/april-jones-murder-final-hours
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2056 on: June 15, 2016, 06:06:23 PM »
When did "scaled back" become "withdrawn" ?
Did the case not remain open until July 2008 ?
So on what basis then are you suggesting it was a "shut up shop" at an earlier date ?
A cite from some official document might be handy ( not one from the Sun or Star).

Are you saying the personnel withdrawn from the scale back remained part of the search for Madeleine McCann so were neither withdrawn or scaled back?
How exactly does that work?

Please do not presume to dictate which sources are or are not acceptable on the forum ... the rules have already sorted that out.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2057 on: June 15, 2016, 07:02:46 PM »
Are you saying the personnel withdrawn from the scale back remained part of the search for Madeleine McCann so were neither withdrawn or scaled back?
How exactly does that work?

Please do not presume to dictate which sources are or are not acceptable on the forum ... the rules have already sorted that out.

I am sure you can work out what I meant. It isn't that difficult.
I'm not presuming anything. Some sources are more reliable than others that is self evident whatever your rules or the rules on here may say.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2058 on: June 15, 2016, 08:45:10 PM »
With the forces of law and order being withdrawn leaving a vacuum in the search for the missing child the employment of private investigators was the only way open to her desperate parents to keep the search for her alive.
That was also in May.

One requires no law enforcement qualifications whatsoever to form an opinion on that.

It's an exaggeration to refer to the 'withdrawal of the forces of law and order'. The only 'withdrawal' was the scaling back of the GNR directed physical search, and CRG most certainly didn't replace them.

They interviewed some of the group again. They attended meetings with lawyers and UK Police. They checked for 'bugging' devices.  They allegedly took samples from the hire car. They attended the parent's first meeting with Brian Kennedy. They arranged for hair samples to be tested.

None of that sounds like searching to me.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 01:07:38 PM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2059 on: June 16, 2016, 03:03:19 PM »
It's an exaggeration to refer to the 'withdrawal of the forces of law and order'. The only 'withdrawal' was the scaling back of the GNR directed physical search, and CRG most certainly didn't replace them.

They interviewed some of the group again. They attended meetings with lawyers and UK Police. They checked for 'bugging' devices.  They allegedly took samples from the hire car. They attended the parent's first meeting with Brian Kennedy. They arranged for hair samples to be tested.

None of that sounds like searching to me.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 12:53:39 PM by John »
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2060 on: June 17, 2016, 03:11:05 PM »
This is worth a re-read:

"Kate, 43, told The Sun yesterday: “I hope Mr Cameron will take responsibility
for one of his most vulnerable citizens".

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/539087/open-up-the-maddie-files/
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #2061 on: June 17, 2016, 03:22:44 PM »
This is worth a re-read:

"Kate, 43, told The Sun yesterday: “I hope Mr Cameron will take responsibility
for one of his most vulnerable citizens".

Oh the irony of Kate Mccann saying that, when that is what she and her husband failed to do, as regards their three children.

Offline Lace

« Reply #2062 on: June 17, 2016, 04:59:51 PM »
Oh the irony of Kate Mccann saying that, when that is what she and her husband failed to do, as regards their three children.

Never miss a chance do you.

stephen25000

« Reply #2063 on: June 17, 2016, 05:34:21 PM »
Never miss a chance do you.

Well maybe, just maybe Kate Mccann  should have thought about what she said, and what she and her husband did in 2007.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2064 on: June 17, 2016, 05:43:37 PM »
In fact, NO law enforcement agency is now actively searching for Madeleine. The family’s own investigators are still working, but they do not have access to masses of material held by police authorities.

There has been no formal review of the inquiry — a process which could unearth a key piece of the jigsaw.

I don't quite understand why Madeleine McCann's parents have been accused by some of "not searching" for their daughter;  particularly as searching for her has been their raison d'être for over nine years.

They have been in the fortunate situation of being able to pay for their own investigators to keep the search for Madeleine going;  an endeavour which has attracted different degrees of censure dependent on which website it may be posted on.

The incredible achievement of having Madeleine's case reopened and the official bodies with access to all the available information on the case to have taken up the reins of actually trying to find out what happened to her and where she is ... is something which seems to meet with the disapproval of some. 

Madeleine McCann like any other missing child has the right to be looked for.  Her parents deserved support in lobbying for that ... not opprobrium.

Offline John

« Reply #2065 on: June 17, 2016, 06:53:01 PM »
In fact, NO law enforcement agency is now actively searching for Madeleine. The family’s own investigators are still working, but they do not have access to masses of material held by police authorities.

There has been no formal review of the inquiry — a process which could unearth a key piece of the jigsaw.

I don't quite understand why Madeleine McCann's parents have been accused by some of "not searching" for their daughter;  particularly as searching for her has been their raison d'être for over nine years.

They have been in the fortunate situation of being able to pay for their own investigators to keep the search for Madeleine going;  an endeavour which has attracted different degrees of censure dependent on which website it may be posted on.

The incredible achievement of having Madeleine's case reopened and the official bodies with access to all the available information on the case to have taken up the reins of actually trying to find out what happened to her and where she is ... is something which seems to meet with the disapproval of some. 

Madeleine McCann like any other missing child has the right to be looked for.  Her parents deserved support in lobbying for that ... not opprobrium.

I think the simple answer is that they have made no effort to go back to the Algarve in the last seven years and take part in any incentive or activity which could rightly be called searching.  The Needham's could show them how to do it and they didn't have £ millions to squander on crooked detectives.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 06:56:25 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2066 on: June 17, 2016, 07:09:18 PM »
I think the simple answer is that they have made no effort to go back to the Algarve in the last seven years and take part in any incentive or activity which could rightly be called searching.  The Needham's could show them how to do it and they didn't have £ millions to squander on crooked detectives.

Big difference
The Needhams are welcome on Kos
It seems the McCanns are hated in the algarve
The McCanns thought the professionals would do a better job
The McCanns have managed to get the Met involved
That's quite an achievement
I don't think any searching the McCanns could do would make any difference

Alfie

« Reply #2067 on: June 17, 2016, 07:14:34 PM »
Big difference
I think the Needhams probably have the McCanns to thank indirectly for the fact that UK police are involved in looking for Ben.  One wonders if that would be the case had there not been such a concerted effort on the part of the McCanns to get UK police involved in looking for a missing child abroad.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2068 on: June 17, 2016, 07:46:28 PM »
Big difference

The whole Algarve hates the McCanns? Quite an achievement.

They thought the professionals would do a better job? Only one professional body was on the case, the PJ. After that there were various PI's with no professional qualifications or history in finding missing people as far as I know.

David Cameron and Theresa May got the Met involved on the McCann's behalf, and Theresa May didn't seem keen.
Rebekah Brooks hit on a way to 'persuade' Cameron, allegedly.

It seems the McCanns agree with you - no searching they could do would make a difference. Perhaps you should point out to Kerry Needham that her searching is unlikely to make a difference either. Somehow I don't think she would take any notice. Judging by her track record she will search, by herself if she has to, to her dying day.
Result = happy posting.

Offline John

« Reply #2069 on: June 17, 2016, 07:57:53 PM »
Big difference

We'll never know now one way or the other.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.