Author Topic: Assistance from Avon Fire and Rescue Service  (Read 13165 times)

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
Assistance from Avon Fire and Rescue Service
« on: April 01, 2017, 01:47:29 PM »
I am attaching a document obtained from Avon Fire and Rescue Service. It gives details of vehicles, equipment and the number of personnel deployed to help the police recover Joanna Yeates' body from Longwood Lane.

It seems, to me, that , even though it would have been difficult to move a frozen body that was surrounded by snow, an excess of staff and equipment was used for this task.

It makes me wonder whether Joanna's body was, in fact, found where we were told it was found, ie on a verge at the roadside, or whether it was discovered somewhere far less accessible.  A number of people who live locally, and who know Longwood Lane (which I do not) have commented (on other fora) that they cannot believe Joanna's body was by the roadside for 8 days without being discovered, as Longwood Lane is very popular with dog walkers.

Only the "Daily Mail" and ITN news commented on the fire engines at the scene-----the rest of the media were very quiet about it.

I do realise that none of this discounts Vincent Tabak as being Joanna's killer, but it seems odd, all the same.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 04:31:36 PM by John »

Offline [...]

Re: Assistance from Avon Fire and Rescue Service
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 04:12:38 PM »
I am attaching a document obtained from Avon Fire and Rescue Service. It gives details of vehicles, equipment and the number of personnel deployed to help the police recover Joanna Yeates' body from Longwood Lane.

It seems, to me, that , even though it would have been difficult to move a frozen body that was surrounded by snow, an excess of staff and equipment was used for this task.

It makes me wonder whether Joanna's body was, in fact, found where we were told it was found, ie on a verge at the roadside, or whether it was discovered somewhere far less accessible.  A number of people who live locally, and who know Longwood Lane (which I do not) have commented (on other fora) that they cannot believe Joanna's body was by the roadside for 8 days without being discovered, as Longwood Lane is very popular with dog walkers.

Only the "Daily Mail" and ITN news commented on the fire engines at the scene-----the rest of the media were very quiet about it.

I do realise that none of this discounts Vincent Tabak as being Joanna's killer, but it seems odd, all the same.

It is odd mrswah 8 appliances over 4 days and over 20 Fire Service Personnel involved, why are the coordinates missing from the PDF??? That shouldn't be a problem, should it???

Offline Leonora

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 04:46:09 PM »

It is odd mrswah 8 appliances over 4 days and over 20 Fire Service Personnel involved, why are the coordinates missing from the PDF??? That shouldn't be a problem, should it???
According to the Wikipedia article about Joanna Yeates and their source, Avon & Somerset Constabulary, the full coordinates were 353516 171403. This turns out to be on the grass verge, just as we have been led to believe, but much further south than the spot directly above the quarry tunnel where people left their tributes after Longwood Lane had been opened to the public again. I was very surprised when I followed this up just a few moments ago. Doesn't this just add to the mystery?

For all I know, it is standard practice for the police to give misleading co-ordinates in all murder cases, and for Fire & Rescue Services to omit the last three digits of the co-ordinates, to avoid revealing that the police are anxious to deceive actual or potential criminals. From my knowledge of this specific case, though, I am convinced that the body lay in a much less accessible, much less conspicuous position than the jury was told.

Offline Leonora

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 04:58:27 PM »

What were the journalists from all the other news media thinking of as they sat there patiently freezing at the entrance to Longwood Lane when the convoy of fire appliances arrived? Surely some of them were brave enough to ask a senior police officer? What kind of answer did they get that led all but the Daily Mail and ITN to suppress any mention of the size of the turnout? Was this a conspiracy too far?

We think it is only us who read the Daily Mail, but many of the jurors must have researched the case online before they knew they were going to serve on this jury. Many a lawyer's clerk would have eagerly noted the picture of the 1.5 ton crane that the Mail assured its readers was used to raise the body of Joanna Yeates.

Misleading the jury about the place where the body was actually found was, in this particular case, a serious criminal conspiracy by itself. Willy nilly. It invalidates the entire trial, not just the parts that concerned themselves with the dumping of the body. Why should the police, the lawyers, and the news media, go to such great lengths to falsify the facts if the defendant really were guilty anyway?

Offline [...]

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 04:59:06 PM »
According to the Wikipedia article about Joanna Yeates and their source, Avon & Somerset Constabulary, the full coordinates were 353516 171403. This turns out to be on the grass verge, just as we have been led to believe, but much further south than the spot directly above the quarry tunnel where people left their tributes after Longwood Lane had been opened to the public again. I was very surprised when I followed this up just a few moments ago. Doesn't this just add to the mystery?

For all I know, it is standard practice for the police to give misleading co-ordinates in all murder cases, and for Fire & Rescue Services to omit the last three digits of the co-ordinates, to avoid revealing that the police are anxious to deceive actual or potential criminals. From my knowledge of this specific case, though, I am convinced that the body lay in a much less accessible, much less conspicuous position than the jury was told.

Look at the screen shot attached even with part of the missing coordinates are as follows:

X Co-ordinate 0353 ***
 Y Co-Ordinate 0171 ***

Which differ slightly with a Zero proceeding it...

There should be no reason NOW for them to hide the Co-ordinates.... should there ???

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 05:01:13 PM »
One of my sons was a Fire Fighter for a while, and he say that this is quite ordinary to have so many appliances, especially as Joanna was in a ditch, bordering on deeper water.

It seemed to me at the time that who ever dumped her body did fall short of where he intended for her to fall, and  then probably not found for much longer than actually happened.  She finished up too close to the road to go unnoticed for very long.

Manslaughter or Murder?  If you inadvertently kill someone in the process of committing  what you might have hoped would be a lesser crime, then you are guilty of Murder.  You can't just say, oh whoops, I never meant that to happen.

I don't know if he killed her, but he didn't have to admit to Manslaughter if he didn't do it.  British Justice doesn't work like that.

Offline [...]

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 05:03:04 PM »
One of my sons was a Fire Fighter for a while, and he say that this is quite ordinary to have so many appliances, especially as Joanna was in a ditch, bordering on deeper water.

It seemed to me at the time that who ever dumped her body did fall short of where he intended for her to fall, and  then probably not found for much longer than actually happened.  She finished up too close to the road to go unnoticed for very long.

Manslaughter or Murder?  If you inadvertently kill someone in the process of committing  what you might have hoped would be a lesser crime, then you are guilty of Murder.  You can't just say, oh whoops, I never meant that to happen.

I don't know if he killed her, but he didn't have to admit to Manslaughter if he didn't do it.  British Justice doesn't work like that.

Eleanor.... you have said twice that she was in a DITCH now... Do you know something we don't????

If she was in a Ditch bordering deep water , then she wasn't on the verge.... So where was she???
Because as you say:

She finished up too close to the road to go unnoticed for very long.

So WHY did it take 8 DAYS????????

Offline [...]

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 05:05:09 PM »

People from all walks of life admit to things they never did... even in this country..
As for British Justice, Stefen Kizco would disagree with you on that score!!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 05:13:48 PM »
Eleanor.... you have said twice that she was in a DITCH now... Do you know something we don't????

Did I say that twice?  Not that it matters.  I am only here because I was trying to help, and I know a teensy bit about The Fire Service.

Good Heavens, the little rat bag does know only too much about that.  He nearly bores me witless.

Was she in a ditch?  You tell me if she wasn't.  It looked like a ditch to me.

Offline [...]

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 05:16:31 PM »
Did I say that twice?  Not that it matters.  I am only here because I was trying to help, and I know a teensy bit about The Fire Service.

Good Heavens, the little rat bag does know only too much about that.  He nearly bores me witless.

Was she in a ditch?  You tell me if she wasn't.  It looked like a ditch to me.

Eleanor, I'm grateful for your input, it is always good when people take an interest... But how could she be on a verge without being noticed on a busy road for 8 days??

Maybe your little rat bag can be of help to people with questions  ?{)(**

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2017, 05:17:48 PM »
People from all walks of life admit to things they never did... even in this country..
As for British Justice, Stefen Kizco would disagree with you on that score!!

Sorry.  The McCann Forum calls.  It is now looking not half as awful as I first thought.

Or can you explain to me why Tabak said he did it when he didn't actually have to?

Offline [...]

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 05:22:44 PM »
Sorry.  The McCann Forum calls.  It is now looking not half as awful as I first thought.

Or can you explain to me why Tabak said he did it when he didn't actually have to?

What's not looking half as awful as you first thought??

As for why Dr Vincent Tabak made a Plea... I cannot answer that question.. If I could maybe there would already be a retrial... But with that we are going off topic.  ?{)(**

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2017, 05:42:17 PM »
Eleanor, I'm grateful for your input, it is always good when people take an interest... But how could she be on a verge without being noticed on a busy road for 8 days??

Maybe your little rat bag can be of help to people with questions  ?{)(**

Joanna appears to have been snowed over, and a bit indiscernible on a country lane.

The little rat bag would be delighted to help, but I am not sure if John would allow him to post on my account.  Or even if John would allow him to become a member in his own right on my IP.  We only have my lap top between us.  And never kid yourselves that John can't see.

It might suggest a conflict of interest, you see.  Robin most definitely often doesn't agree with me.  Rotten little rat bag.

But he does know about The Fire Service, which seems to me to be a protection of themselves.  They have to protect themselves in these situation.  Make sure that they don't contaminate a crime scene, and then extract..

I'll tell you what.  I will talk to John about this.  And then Robin can take over.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 06:31:40 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2017, 05:46:08 PM »
What's not looking half as awful as you first thought??

As for why Dr Vincent Tabak made a Plea... I cannot answer that question.. If I could maybe there would already be a retrial... But with that we are going off topic.  ?{)(**

The McCann Forum isn't looking half as awful.  I came here for a bit of peace.  No chance.

I will talk to John.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 05:59:39 PM »
Thank you for your input, Eleanor. 

I did write to the Avon Fire and Rescue Service recently, and they were good enough to reply, although they didn't add anything new!  I blatantly asked them why so many vehicles, personnel and equipment had been needed to recover one body. They said they were "assisting the police"  !!  Fair enough---I suppose they are not allowed to give out information to any old Tom, Dick or Harry, and they don't know me from Adam!

I have been looking through various media reports: some say Joanna's body was found in a ditch, some say on a verge-----so none the wiser!