Author Topic: That Letter.  (Read 9890 times)

Offline faithlilly

That Letter.
« on: February 24, 2021, 09:26:10 PM »
On the 15th of June, and several days after he told the world that Madeleine was dead, Wolter told reporters that he had sent two letters to the parents. One he said had been sent before the press conference and had told them that he had evidence that Madeleine was dead.

‘The parents of Madeleine McCann were sent two letters from German prosecutors updating them on their daughter’s disappearance but received neither, it is alleged.

German prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters said the first letter was sent to forewarn Kate and Gerry McCann that German authorities planned to announce to the public on June 3 that they had “concrete evidence” Madeleine was dead.’

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/madeleine-mccann-parents-two-letters-german-prosecutors-a4473946.html

On the 16th of June the parents denied that they had received a letter telling them that there was evidence that Madeleine was dead.

‘The widely reported news that we have a received a letter from the German authorities that states there is evidence or proof that Madeleine is dead is false. Like many unsubstantiated stories in the media, this has caused unnecessary anxiety to friends and family and once again disrupted our lives," the McCanns said in the statement.’

https://www.9news.com.au/world/madeleine-mccann-parents-statement-says-they-did-not-receive-letter-from-german-prosecutors/2f7a5b41-0440-4b2f-8911-e878b62b7bf6

It was then claimed that the BKA had sent the letter via Scotland Yard but that they had failed it pass it on.

‘ Braunschweig prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters has insisted two letters were sent to the couple by the German Federal Police (BKA), albeit indirectly via Scotland Yard, alleging British detectives then failed to pass them on.

However SY denied receiving a letter either before Wolter’s press conference or one that contained the claim that there was evidence that Madeleine is dead.

‘Amid the war of words between British and German police, a spokesman for the Met said this afternoon: 'The Met received one letter from the Bundeskriminalamt (BKA) on June 12, which was passed to the family.

The letter did not state that there was evidence or proof that Madeleine is dead - the Met continue to investigate Madeleine’s disappearance as a missing person investigation. No letter has been received by the Met from the German prosecutor'.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8440359/Scotland-Yard-deny-theyve-failed-hand-letters-Madeleine-McCanns-parents.html

My questions. If a letter was sent before Wolter’s press conference to the parents why wasn’t it checked that they’d received it before going ahead with the conference? After all Brueckner was in prison, what was the rush? And if the letter did not advise the parents that there was evidence that Madeleine was dead why did Wolter say it did. Is he simply trying to cover up his part in informing the world before the McCanns that there was evidence that their daughter was dead and what does this say about him?

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: That Letter.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 10:01:19 PM »
Why does it always have to be so personal?  Anyone would think HCW was acting completely alone. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 10:01:54 PM »
There was an interview on June 17th in which Wolters claimed that the McCanns were definitely informed before any appeals for information that their child was dead and that the Germans were investigating a murder. The McCanns deny this;

DA Wolters, did you write to the McCanns or not?
"I personally haven't written anything: the federal police, in coordination with us, and the British police have made contact with the family. But the contents are not true of what I have read so far: they are just speculations. The truth is that before the broadcast on June 3 we informed the family that we would make a public communication to say that we are investigating for murder and that the child is dead ".

So they know there's a murder investigation for a month. And why did you do it?
"It was a personal, human decision. We don't have to make contact with witnesses - and they are witnesses. But since they are also the parents of a missing and, in our opinion, dead girl, we obviously care about how they are doing. That's why. we wrote a letter before the broadcast: we didn't want to surprise them with the announcement of the murder investigation. After that: we don't repeat it in every letter. "

That is: was there another letter? The McCanns claim they have not received any letters.
"Let me point out, meanwhile, that there have never been any phone calls or direct talks with the McCann family. I even read that we would reveal what evidence we have against the murder thesis: it's all completely wrong and made up. After the broadcast of the June 3 there was a new contact, again in the form of a letter, but I don't even know if it has yet reached the McCann family. "

And what is written in this letter?
 "About the contents I don't say a word".

Meanwhile, as you have stated several times, you have collected hundreds of reports on the case. Is there any that could be useful for Brueckner's indictment?
"There have been many reports. Also of other sexual crimes. There are some that could be useful. We have also read about them in the newspapers. It would not be serious if I told you that they are conclusive, we have to wait weeks or months to understand".

Are there any other victims who have made themselves heard?
"We are examining the reports, it will take time. I have read that there are victims who have spoken to the newspapers. But we need to understand if they can really be connected to the suspect."

Many cases have been reopened: Inga Gehricke, Peggy Knobloch , Carola Titze ...
"In these, as in other cases about which we have received reports, we do not yet know if it is him. I repeat: it will take weeks or months. You must also consider that when we did the press conference (June 4, immediately after the transmission, ed ), in Germany we had been investigating Brueckner for two years. And the British and Portuguese authorities for much longer. They are lengthy investigations. It is a difficult case. And we will certainly not be heard with mouthfuls of investigations, with results intermediate. We will speak up when we have concrete results ".

If all the clues were confirmed, if he were guilty of the missing children and teenagers whose cases have been reopened these days, Brueckner would have lefta long trail of violence and blood for twenty-five years . Virtually undisturbed.
"So far he is under investigation, he is formally innocent. Our job is to prove that he is guilty, to make sure that there is a trial against him. At the moment we do not have enough elements yet."

Have you questioned him?
"Not yet. We'll do it at the end of the investigation. We don't see why, at the moment, I don't think he'd confess or that it would be useful for us to provide him with investigative elements. His lawyer doesn't even have access to our files, yet. He doesn't know what we have against him. "
https://www.repubblica.it/esteri/2020/06/17/news/caso_maddie_germania_intervista_procuratore_wolters-259461944/
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 11:41:15 PM »
There was an interview on June 17th in which Wolters claimed that the McCanns were definitely informed before any appeals for information that their child was dead and that the Germans were investigating a murder. The McCanns deny this;

DA Wolters, did you write to the McCanns or not?
"I personally haven't written anything: the federal police, in coordination with us, and the British police have made contact with the family. But the contents are not true of what I have read so far: they are just speculations. The truth is that before the broadcast on June 3 we informed the family that we would make a public communication to say that we are investigating for murder and that the child is dead ".

So they know there's a murder investigation for a month. And why did you do it?
"It was a personal, human decision. We don't have to make contact with witnesses - and they are witnesses. But since they are also the parents of a missing and, in our opinion, dead girl, we obviously care about how they are doing. That's why. we wrote a letter before the broadcast: we didn't want to surprise them with the announcement of the murder investigation. After that: we don't repeat it in every letter. "

That is: was there another letter? The McCanns claim they have not received any letters.
"Let me point out, meanwhile, that there have never been any phone calls or direct talks with the McCann family. I even read that we would reveal what evidence we have against the murder thesis: it's all completely wrong and made up. After the broadcast of the June 3 there was a new contact, again in the form of a letter, but I don't even know if it has yet reached the McCann family. "

And what is written in this letter?
 "About the contents I don't say a word".

Meanwhile, as you have stated several times, you have collected hundreds of reports on the case. Is there any that could be useful for Brueckner's indictment?
"There have been many reports. Also of other sexual crimes. There are some that could be useful. We have also read about them in the newspapers. It would not be serious if I told you that they are conclusive, we have to wait weeks or months to understand".

Are there any other victims who have made themselves heard?
"We are examining the reports, it will take time. I have read that there are victims who have spoken to the newspapers. But we need to understand if they can really be connected to the suspect."

Many cases have been reopened: Inga Gehricke, Peggy Knobloch , Carola Titze ...
"In these, as in other cases about which we have received reports, we do not yet know if it is him. I repeat: it will take weeks or months. You must also consider that when we did the press conference (June 4, immediately after the transmission, ed ), in Germany we had been investigating Brueckner for two years. And the British and Portuguese authorities for much longer. They are lengthy investigations. It is a difficult case. And we will certainly not be heard with mouthfuls of investigations, with results intermediate. We will speak up when we have concrete results ".

If all the clues were confirmed, if he were guilty of the missing children and teenagers whose cases have been reopened these days, Brueckner would have lefta long trail of violence and blood for twenty-five years . Virtually undisturbed.
"So far he is under investigation, he is formally innocent. Our job is to prove that he is guilty, to make sure that there is a trial against him. At the moment we do not have enough elements yet."

Have you questioned him?
"Not yet. We'll do it at the end of the investigation. We don't see why, at the moment, I don't think he'd confess or that it would be useful for us to provide him with investigative elements. His lawyer doesn't even have access to our files, yet. He doesn't know what we have against him. "
https://www.repubblica.it/esteri/2020/06/17/news/caso_maddie_germania_intervista_procuratore_wolters-259461944/

From the Daily Mail link in the OP.

‘Amid the war of words between British and German police, a spokesman for the Met said this afternoon: 'The Met received one letter from the Bundeskriminalamt (BKA) on June 12, which was passed to the family.’

The press conference was on the 3rd of May, the letter was passed to the parents on the 12th. Did the McCanns hear that the police thought that their daughter was dead via a television report?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline barrier

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 06:18:42 AM »

‘Amid the war of words between British and German police, a spokesman for the Met said this afternoon: 'The Met received one letter from the Bundeskriminalamt (BKA) on June 12, which was passed to the family.’

The press conference was on the 3rd of May, the letter was passed to the parents on the 12th. Did the McCanns hear that the police thought that their daughter was dead via a television report?
Its possible, it would be bad form to inform them formerly of,if it turns out the only evidence of, would be words of criminals associated with CB.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 07:10:03 AM »

Erm...I thought according to you  they found out about it on 3rd May 2007, or don’t you believe that anymore?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 02:08:18 PM »
"they are witnesses" Hmm Well what would a public trial pull out? Perhaps the McCanns do not want this to move on as they could be called as witnesses and would inevitably be questioned by CB lawyers!  Interesting.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 02:09:10 PM »
"they are witnesses" Hmm Well what would a public trial pull out? Perhaps the McCanns do not want this to move on as they could be called as witnesses and would inevitably be questioned by CB lawyers!  Interesting.
Why on earth would they be called as witnesses by CB's lawyers?

Offline jassi

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 02:15:18 PM »

I suppose Brueckner's lawyer might attempt to break the accepted timeline in order to demonstrate the impossibility of his client committing the abduction. This could even involve the rest of the Tapas gang.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2021, 02:29:18 PM »
I suppose Brueckner's lawyer might attempt to break the accepted timeline in order to demonstrate the impossibility of his client committing the abduction. This could even involve the rest of the Tapas gang.
Good luck with attempting to demonstrate the impossibility of entering the unlocked apartment and removing the child Mr Fulscher. 

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 02:38:45 PM »
It gets worse, the German police are looking like a right bunch of incompetents.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline jassi

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 02:45:28 PM »
It gets worse, the German police are looking like a right bunch of incompetents.

Not clear who might be at fault, but certainly a breakdown in communication.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline John

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 02:47:25 PM »
On the 15th of June, and several days after he told the world that Madeleine was dead, Wolter told reporters that he had sent two letters to the parents. One he said had been sent before the press conference and had told them that he had evidence that Madeleine was dead.

‘The parents of Madeleine McCann were sent two letters from German prosecutors updating them on their daughter’s disappearance but received neither, it is alleged.

German prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters said the first letter was sent to forewarn Kate and Gerry McCann that German authorities planned to announce to the public on June 3 that they had “concrete evidence” Madeleine was dead.’

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/madeleine-mccann-parents-two-letters-german-prosecutors-a4473946.html

On the 16th of June the parents denied that they had received a letter telling them that there was evidence that Madeleine was dead.

‘The widely reported news that we have a received a letter from the German authorities that states there is evidence or proof that Madeleine is dead is false. Like many unsubstantiated stories in the media, this has caused unnecessary anxiety to friends and family and once again disrupted our lives," the McCanns said in the statement.’

https://www.9news.com.au/world/madeleine-mccann-parents-statement-says-they-did-not-receive-letter-from-german-prosecutors/2f7a5b41-0440-4b2f-8911-e878b62b7bf6

It was then claimed that the BKA had sent the letter via Scotland Yard but that they had failed it pass it on.

‘ Braunschweig prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters has insisted two letters were sent to the couple by the German Federal Police (BKA), albeit indirectly via Scotland Yard, alleging British detectives then failed to pass them on.

However SY denied receiving a letter either before Wolter’s press conference or one that contained the claim that there was evidence that Madeleine is dead.

‘Amid the war of words between British and German police, a spokesman for the Met said this afternoon: 'The Met received one letter from the Bundeskriminalamt (BKA) on June 12, which was passed to the family.

The letter did not state that there was evidence or proof that Madeleine is dead - the Met continue to investigate Madeleine’s disappearance as a missing person investigation. No letter has been received by the Met from the German prosecutor'.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8440359/Scotland-Yard-deny-theyve-failed-hand-letters-Madeleine-McCanns-parents.html

My questions. If a letter was sent before Wolter’s press conference to the parents why wasn’t it checked that they’d received it before going ahead with the conference? After all Brueckner was in prison, what was the rush? And if the letter did not advise the parents that there was evidence that Madeleine was dead why did Wolter say it did. Is he simply trying to cover up his part in informing the world before the McCanns that there was evidence that their daughter was dead and what does this say about him?

Here we go again, war of words between national police forces.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2021, 03:01:46 PM »

Indeed, The lawyer could also ask other awkward questions... like for example- does CB look anything like 'tannerman'?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline jassi

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2021, 03:01:58 PM »
What is the pathways for formal letters such as this?
Would it be directly between forces or would the Home Office be involved ?

Or maybe not -