Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 406539 times)

Offline John

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #2370 on: May 06, 2018, 12:40:09 PM »
All witnesses are unreliable as they cannot be relied upon to have faultless memories.  The Smiths, Mrs Fenn, Amaral, the Tapas waiters, the nannys all of them we can find statements or words that seem contradictory or odd.  Kate didn't "forget" that she searched the night Madeleine went missing, she wasn't asked if she searched the night Madeleine went missing, she was asked if she felt she should be joining in with the organised searches in the days after Madeleine went missing.  This has been pointed out numerous times before.

The key question for me is what actual searching did the parents take part in on day two onwards?

Many Luz residents took time off work and gave up their free time to search for Madeleine.  It is just a tad disingenuous for anyone to now attempt to play down those efforts.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 12:45:17 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2371 on: May 06, 2018, 12:49:23 PM »
The key question for me is what actual searching did the parents take part in on day two onwards?

Many Luz residents took time off work and gave up their free time to search for Madeleine.  It is just a tad disingenuous for anyone to now attempt to play down those efforts.
I'm not aware of anyone trying to do that.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2372 on: May 06, 2018, 12:53:37 PM »
Sadie are you seriously suggesting a child going missing was not discussed at all among workers/staff? And are you seriously suggesting it was too cold for delivery drivers and street cleaners to go to work that morning?

I do admire your attempt to write  off people who do not believe in your theory or the McCanns story, but we have to be realistic about these things.

There is NO evidence of Kate and Gerry going out early  to search without being seen by anyone, and there is no evidence that early morning workers took that morning off work because it was a bit cold...
As far as I'm aware the police did not ask people in the locale if they saw Kate and Gerry searching that morning, so the fact that there are no statements to that effect is not that surprising is it? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2373 on: May 06, 2018, 01:26:15 PM »
They were all eyes for their search, no doubt

And I wonder if all these people that you talk about are out at the absolute crack of dawn as Kate and Gerry were?   

Most people do not rise before daylight.  They then have a cuppa, a shower  and get dressed and possibly a glance at the news on TV.  In unpleasant conditions they probably would not venture out until it got a little warmer.

Kate and Gerry were searching at the crack of dawn.  I doubt they showered etc, first and they had a purpose.  They didn't hang about.

AIMO
I have explained what I have experienced at first light in Luz.  I shall leave you to your speculation.
What's up, old man?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2374 on: May 06, 2018, 01:37:02 PM »

Indeed John. This was relayed on live TV by Gerrys sister- no one was looking for Madeleine. they were left to look for her themselves ...and this was a swipe at the police who gave up free time .
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2375 on: May 06, 2018, 05:20:08 PM »
As far as I'm aware the police did not ask people in the locale if they saw Kate and Gerry searching that morning, so the fact that there are no statements to that effect is not that surprising is it?
Some of the the police men state they saw Kate and Gerry out searching in the morning.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2376 on: May 07, 2018, 01:16:56 PM »
Some of the the police men state they saw Kate and Gerry out searching in the morning.

They must have been hiding, because Kate said they saw no one. what were these police officers doing?  munching on sardines more than likely..being lazy etc..
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2377 on: May 11, 2018, 11:18:18 AM »
Kate and Gerry physically searched for as long as they were able and have continued searching for over eleven years in every other way imaginable.
All while being roundly criticised in the vilest terms for their actions in doing that.

They have pulled off magnificently getting their aim realised of having the official search for Madeleine reinstated after a break of years during which they continued their search for her on their own.  Currently Scotland Yard and the Policia Judiciaria are searching for her.

I am at a loss to understand why those who question what searching Madeleine's parents did ... have been, right from the start, at pains to criticise almost every facet of the current search for her and criticise every penny spent.

Where is the logic?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2378 on: May 11, 2018, 06:51:16 PM »
Kate and Gerry physically searched for as long as they were able and have continued searching for over eleven years in every other way imaginable.
All while being roundly criticised in the vilest terms for their actions in doing that.

They have pulled off magnificently getting their aim realised of having the official search for Madeleine reinstated after a break of years during which they continued their search for her on their own.  Currently Scotland Yard and the Policia Judiciaria are searching for her.

I am at a loss to understand why those who question what searching Madeleine's parents did ... have been, right from the start, at pains to criticise almost every facet of the current search for her and criticise every penny spent.

Where is the logic?

Except that not once have they ever taken part in an organised police search for THEIR daughter.  That to me frankly is really apalling.  Had they stayed in Portugal and pursued the search for their daughter instead of hightailing it back home the moment things went against them it might have been a different story eleven years on.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:56:50 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2379 on: May 11, 2018, 06:57:53 PM »
Except that not once have they ever taken part in an organised police search for THEIR daughter.  That to me frankly is really apalling.

Weve covered this before...it's what generally happens in missing children cases

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2380 on: May 11, 2018, 06:59:42 PM »
Except that not once have they ever taken part in an organised police search for THEIR daughter.  That to me frankly is really apalling.  Had they stayed in Portugal and pursued the search for their daughter instead of hightailing it back home the moment things went against them it might have been a different story eleven years on.

We've covered this too... If they stayed they may well have been subject to a miscarriage  of justice and jailed... IMO and others opinion... I can't see them staying making a scrap of difference

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2381 on: May 11, 2018, 09:56:12 PM »
Back on topic please.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2382 on: May 12, 2018, 01:02:45 PM »
Weve covered this before...it's what generally happens in missing children cases

Absolutely untrue but unsurprising you claim otherwise. In most cases one or other parent goes out searching with the police in order to show solidarity with the volunteer searchers. The Needham case being the classic example of how parents of a missing toddler should behave but then the Needhams don't have close friends in Government or a multi pound fund to play with.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2383 on: May 12, 2018, 02:02:24 PM »
And it's unsurprising you making the claims you are.  We have been through it before... And it is normal procedure and the same as as happened in other cases of missing children with the parents not joining in the organised searches

It's on this thread

Your idea of normal is inaccurate.  When a child goes missing both parents are interviewed by police, thereafter one parent (usually the man) goes out to talk to volunteers and help in the search. Gerry McCann made no such effort when Maddie disappeared choosing instead to endear himself with the media something which certainly shouldn't have happened. The McCanns have admitted that they never physically searched for their missing child after that first morning, something which many people find bizarre.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #2384 on: May 12, 2018, 05:29:14 PM »
Could we stay on topic please with less bickering.  TY
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 01:55:37 PM by Angelo222 »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.