Author Topic: EU membership, should we stay or leave?  (Read 125523 times)

stephen25000

Re: EU membership, should we stay or leave?
« Reply #165 on: June 17, 2016, 01:48:38 PM »
Sturgeon is anti English as is her nationalist party the SNP.    It should be remembered however that although the SNP have managed to wrestle control of Scotland from the Labour Party that they only do so on 50% of the vote.  The Scottish Referendum vote was a more accurate reflection of what the people of Scotland really think.

That does not make her a racist.

However, she is a hypocrite in wanting to leave the UK, but not the EU.

Offline John

« Reply #166 on: June 17, 2016, 01:51:30 PM »
The UK Parliament is being recalled on Monday as predicted.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2016, 01:52:37 PM »
That does not make her a racist.

However, she is a hypocrite in wanting to leave the UK, but not the EU.

She is an Anglophobe and an opportunist.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

stephen25000

« Reply #168 on: June 17, 2016, 01:52:56 PM »
The UK Parliament is being recalled on Monday as predicted.

On what grounds ?

stephen25000

« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2016, 01:55:07 PM »
She is an Anglophobe and an opportunist.

How would you describe your attitude to the Germans John ?

You referred to  'Fritz' the other day, when you commented on Merkel.

stephen25000

« Reply #170 on: June 17, 2016, 02:04:33 PM »
So the recall agreed by Cameron and Corbyn is for a tribute for the murdered MP.

Offline John

« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2016, 02:21:34 PM »
How would you describe your attitude to the Germans John ?

You referred to  'Fritz' the other day, when you commented on Merkel.

When I correctly stated that Fritz wants to control Europe by stealth since they failed to do so by force twice.  Merkel sees herself as the President of the United States of Europe, a more stomach churning spectacle I could never imagine.  If we ever needed a reason for getting the hell out of the EU that is by far the most compelling.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 02:30:15 PM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #172 on: June 17, 2016, 02:26:47 PM »
When I correctly stated that Fritz wants to control Europe by stealth since they failed to do so by force twice.  Merkel sees herself as the President of the United States of Europe, a more stomach churning spectacle I could never imagine.

That use of 'Fritz' sounds exactly like what you accuse Sturgeon of.

How exactly do you think Germany will control Europe John ?

I'm  all ears.

Offline John

« Reply #173 on: June 17, 2016, 02:33:30 PM »
That use of 'Fritz' sounds exactly like what you accuse Sturgeon of.

How exactly do you think Germany will control Europe John ?

I'm  all ears.

I'll ask the question again, are you denying that Merkel and the Germans are behind the EU agenda of a Federal Europe?

stephen25000

« Reply #174 on: June 17, 2016, 02:41:04 PM »
I'll ask the question again, are you denying that Merkel and the Germans are behind the EU agenda of a Federal Europe?

They may or may not be.

However, one person or one country would be incapable of controlling the whole of Europe.

I find that viewpoint quite laughable actually.

What I want to see in this debate are facts from both sides and not rhetoric.

Presumably you have some facts to back up your assertion about Merkel and Germany.

Sorry, but the photos don't impress me either.

What are you trying to achieve with them.

I would be happy to debate this with you further, face to face. This forum is limited  in what can be done.

Are you opposed to the United States of America ?

Offline John

« Reply #175 on: June 17, 2016, 03:57:38 PM »
They may or may not be.

However, one person or one country would be incapable of controlling the whole of Europe.

I find that viewpoint quite laughable actually.

What I want to see in this debate are facts from both sides and not rhetoric.

Presumably you have some facts to back up your assertion about Merkel and Germany.

Sorry, but the photos don't impress me either.

What are you trying to achieve with them.

I would be happy to debate this with you further, face to face. This forum is limited  in what can be done.

Are you opposed to the United States of America ?

Germany is by far the largest net contributor to the EU budget closely followed by the UK.  For years both countries were the only net contributors, everybody else including the rest of Europe got more back than they paid in.  Angela Merkel wields enormous power within the EU and has a huge influence in who become its Presidents.  The recent spat between her and Cameron over the appointment of drunk Jean-Claude Juncker as president of the European Commission being a classic example given Cameron threatened to quit the EU.  Strange how he now supports the remain campaign?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27653359

Rather than repeat what has already been written so eloquently about Germany and its power over the EU, the following link might help to explain it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/03/09/uk-wields-no-influence-in-german-dominated-eu-warns-iceland/

The USA is a completely different proposition as well as being off topic.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:34:06 PM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #176 on: June 17, 2016, 04:05:20 PM »
Germany is by far the largest net contributor to the EU budget closely followed by the UK.  For years both countries were the only net contributors, everybody else including the rest of Europe got more back than they paid in.

Rather than repeat what has already been written about Germany and its power over the EU, the following link might help to explain it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/03/09/uk-wields-no-influence-in-german-dominated-eu-warns-iceland/

As the Telegraph want out John,  I would prefer a neutral source, and I have used such material in my work.

Offline John

« Reply #177 on: June 17, 2016, 04:08:42 PM »
As the Telegraph want out John,  I would prefer a neutral source, and I have used such material in my work.

Neutral or otherwise, it is the truth.  Germany wields much greater influence and power over the EU than any other member.  You only need to look at what happened in Europe recently with the migrant crisis and also with the annexation of the Crimea to Russia.

Who was at the front of the line in both crises?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #178 on: June 17, 2016, 04:09:12 PM »

Neutral, like the BBC  @)(++(*
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #179 on: June 17, 2016, 04:31:44 PM »
Germany is by far the largest net contributor to the EU budget closely followed by the UK.  For years both countries were the only net contributors, everybody else including the rest of Europe got more back than they paid in.  Angela Merkel wields enormous power within the EU and has a huge influence in who become its Presidents.  The recent spat between her and Cameron over the appointment of drunk Jean-Claude Juncker as president of the European Commission being a classic example given Cameron threatened to quit the EU.  Strange how he now supports the remain campaign?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27653359

Rather than repeat what has already been written so eloquently about Germany and its power over the EU, the following link might help to explain it.

Up until recently Germany was the largest exporter in the world...exporting more than china....so they can afford it