Author Topic: EU membership, should we stay or leave?  (Read 125553 times)

stephen25000

Re: EU membership, should we stay or leave?
« Reply #420 on: June 23, 2016, 09:55:24 AM »
Aren't we?   The EU dictates just about every aspect of our lives these days and denying it is to bury ones head in the sand.

Does anyone want closer political unity, a European Army and 90 million more members all with free access to our free NHS?

One thing is for sure though and that is that Parliament will never be the same again and that can only be a good thing.

Really ?

I certainly don't feel my life is being dictated to by the EU.

Can you tell me in what ways I am ?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #421 on: June 23, 2016, 10:05:21 AM »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Admin

« Reply #422 on: June 23, 2016, 10:06:19 AM »
Really ?

I certainly don't feel my life is being dictated to by the EU.

Can you tell me in what ways I am ?

The EU dictates most of our laws, rules and regulations.

stephen25000

« Reply #423 on: June 23, 2016, 10:07:28 AM »
The EU dictates most of our laws, rules and regulations.

Let's have some examples of where it has made our lives worse.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #424 on: June 23, 2016, 11:05:07 AM »
Let's have some examples of where it has made our lives worse.

A wild exaggeration, and betrays a lack of understanding of how it works in practice. 

Law: we are a sovereign nation and all of our laws, including those influenced by the EU, must be passed by parliament.  The vast majority of EU laws relate to the operation of the single market. 

On the question of democracy - the EU is a democratic organisation where we have approximately 10% of the MEPs.  Most things are negotiated equally on a one country one vote basis.  Where necessary it is on an MEP basis.  Where we have significant influence. 

stephen25000

« Reply #425 on: June 23, 2016, 11:13:08 AM »
A wild exaggeration, and betrays a lack of understanding of how it works in practice. 

Law: we are a sovereign nation and all of our laws, including those influenced by the EU, must be passed by parliament.  The vast majority of EU laws relate to the operation of the single market. 

On the question of democracy - the EU is a democratic organisation where we have approximately 10% of the MEPs.  Most things are negotiated equally on a one country one vote basis.  Where necessary it is on an MEP basis.  Where we have significant influence.

Exactly JP.

Why do the supporters of Brexit need to exaggerate their case, and then fail at the first hurdle to justify their claims ?

The EU as we know is far from perfect, but leaving without a justifiable reason or set of reasons, is something I have yet to see.

For those supporters of Brexit, I will vote in the early evening after work..  Now give me reasons in the mean time to change my decision to an 'out' vote.

Offline John

« Reply #426 on: June 23, 2016, 11:18:16 AM »
As i have said before....even if there is a majority today I doubt we will leave.....i hope i am wrong

If the people vote to leave, leave it will be, Cameron has no other choice.  Junckers certainly put the boot in yesterday by saying no more deals.  He was reading from the script according to Merkel of course, she dictates who gets what since without Germany there would be no EU. 

Its so funny really and some people still cannot see through this sham organisation or should that be cartel?    @)(++(*
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #427 on: June 23, 2016, 11:24:43 AM »
Exactly JP.

Why do the supporters of Brexit need to exaggerate their case, and then fail at the first hurdle to justify their claims ?

The EU as we know is far from perfect, but leaving without a justifiable reason or set of reasons, is something I have yet to see.

For those supporters of Brexit, I will vote in the early evening after work..  Now give me reasons in the mean time to change my decision to an 'out' vote.

If you want unfettered immigration to our beautiful country vote #remain.

If you want to continue to send £ billions abroad to prop up basket-case countries, be my guest, vote #remain.

If you want to continue to pay over the odds for inflated EU goods go out and vote #remain.

If you want to keep the door shut to worldwide trade please vote #remain.

If you have a self serving vested interest in the EU, vote #remain.

For those who want none of the above Vote Leave!      Simples!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:27:18 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

stephen25000

« Reply #428 on: June 23, 2016, 11:30:57 AM »

If you want to continue to send £ billions abroad to prop up basket-case countries, be my guest, vote #remain.

If you want to continue to pay over the odds for inflated EU goods go out and vote #remain.

Slogans and no more than that.

You have already been provided with stats showing how relatively little we give to the EU compared to other spending.

By the way, we do trade with world.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #429 on: June 23, 2016, 11:51:04 AM »

#please add...if you want to pay benefits to any EU citizen who comes here....vote remain

Offline John

« Reply #430 on: June 23, 2016, 11:51:42 AM »
Slogans and no more than that.

You have already been provided with stats showing how relatively little we give to the EU compared to other spending.

By the way, we do trade with world.

Reality Stephen.  The EU is a one way road to nowhere!  Fortunately, London is not the centre of the universe and it will be the vast majority who decide whether to stay or to leave.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:54:13 AM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #431 on: June 23, 2016, 11:55:46 AM »
#please add...if you want to pay benefits to any EU citizen who comes here....vote remain

With pleasure.

stephen25000

« Reply #432 on: June 23, 2016, 12:00:14 PM »
Reality Stephen.  The EU is a one way road to nowhere!  Fortunately, London is not the centre of the universe and it will be the vast majority who decide whether to stay or to leave.

Really John.

You have your view  others have theirs.

We will see tomorrow morning.

Whichever way it goes, the result will have to be accepted.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #433 on: June 23, 2016, 01:45:38 PM »
I'm firmly against Remain, so firmly infact that, to make my feelings absolutely clear, I put a big cross on the ballot paper in the remain box.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #434 on: June 23, 2016, 01:53:25 PM »
I'm firmly against Remain, so firmly infact that, to make my feelings absolutely clear, I put a big cross on the ballot paper in the remain box.

That'll show em!!!