Author Topic: Minnesota police officer accidentally shoots black driver who attempted to flee stopcheck.  (Read 14900 times)

Offline John

I think the best thing to do is to bring back segregation, give all blacks in the US an area of the country to live in & let them police themselves with a black only police force.

Like the Indians?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

Like the Indians?

Interestingly, Native Americans are killed by police at a higher rate than any other ethnic group.

Yet we don't see Indian Lives Matter burning down their neighbourhoods in protest.

Maybe they should, they'll get more sympathy.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Tim Grace, a lawyer for Stillman (the officer that shot dead 13 year old Adam Toledo), said in a statement that he had faced a “juvenile offender” who “had the gun in his right hand”. After the boy threw away the gun, he “looked at the officer, which could be interpreted as attempting to acquire a target”, he said. “At this point the officer was faced with a life-threatening and deadly force situation,” he added. “All prior attempts to de-escalate and gain compliance with all of the officer’s lawful orders had failed.”

I mean what absolute bullshit. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

It was less than 1 second between Toledo throwing away the fire arm & him turning & raising his hands & being shot.

The officer had 1 second to make that judgement call.

Like I said, I'd probably have shot him too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkB4_nIfODo

Offline Wonderfulspam

Returning to the subject of Daunte Wright,

Daunte was all 'gangsta' no doubt, when trying to throttle a woman & rob her, as well as brandishing a fire arm in public for which he was wanted, but when the police pulled him for traffic violation.....he phoned his mummy.

Offline carlymichelle

i dont know in the  uk but here in australia  toy  shops are not  allowed  to sell   fake guns or  toy  guns that look  real not even  cap guns etc   guns  like  super soakers etc are fine of course

Offline John

Returning to the subject of Daunte Wright,

Daunte was all 'gangsta' no doubt, when trying to throttle a woman & rob her, as well as brandishing a fire arm in public for which he was wanted, but when the police pulled him for traffic violation.....he phoned his mummy.

Yes, they always revert to mama when the shit hits the fan.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 09:37:20 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

i dont know in the  uk but here in australia  toy  shops are not  allowed  to sell   fake guns or  toy  guns that look  real not even  cap guns etc   guns  like  super soakers etc are fine of course

Toy guns in the US are required to have an illuminous orange tip.

In the shooting of Tamir Rice, the BB gun he had, it's orange tip had been removed.

In the United States, federal law and regulations indicate that all toy guns transported or imported into the country must have a 6mm-wide blaze orange tip or a blaze orange stripe 1-inch (2.54 centimeters) thick on both sides of the barrel. However, this is not required by federal law for airsoft and paintball.

Offline Wonderfulspam

It was very hard to find these images but here is mummy's special angel on Tik Tok.

Offline carlymichelle

i think the public whp bad mouth the  police or  say they are evil etc and other names or are scared of police   have done  crimes in the past 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 09:57:06 AM by carlymichelle »

Offline Venturi Swirl

It was less than 1 second between Toledo throwing away the fire arm & him turning & raising his hands & being shot.

The officer had 1 second to make that judgement call.

Like I said, I'd probably have shot him too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkB4_nIfODo
If you could see the 13 year old throwing the gun away why would you feel that your life was in imminent danger?  If you shot him dead you would have done so with intent because you decided to be his judge jury and executioner, which is not really the kind of law enforcement most civilised people would be happy with IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

If you could see the 13 year old throwing the gun away why would you feel that your life was in imminent danger?  If you shot him dead you would have done so with intent because you decided to be his judge jury and executioner, which is not really the kind of law enforcement most civilised people would be happy with IMO.

Did the officer know he'd thrown the firearm in that 1 second?

It's all very well making judgements in hindsight but that isn't how things work in real time.

Offline carlymichelle

It's all very well making judgements in hindsight but that isn't how things work in real time.

police officers have a  right to  protect themselves and  go home to their families   imo

Offline Wonderfulspam

In hindsight the shooting of 12 year old Tamir Rice was also absolutely wrong.

The poor kid was playing in the park with a BB gun.

But the officer (who didn't know the subject was a juvenile, didn't know the gun was a toy) had within 2 seconds to make the judgement call.

Tamir Rice shooting video: https://youtu.be/dw0EMLM1XRI?t=501

"The department examined the facts in this case under relevant federal criminal statutes.  The federal criminal statute applicable to these facts is Title 18, U.S. Code, Section 242, Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law.  In order to proceed with a prosecution under Section 242, prosecutors must establish beyond a reasonable doubt that a law enforcement officer acted willfully to deprive an individual of a federally protected right.  The right implicated in this matter is the Fourth Amendment right to be free from an unreasonable seizure.  This right includes the right to be free from unreasonable physical force by police.  To prove that a police shooting violated the Fourth Amendment, the government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the use of force was objectively unreasonable based on all of the surrounding circumstances.  The law requires that the reasonableness of an officer’s use of force on an arrestee be judged from the perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene, rather than with added perspective of hindsight.  The law set forth by the Supreme Court requires that allowances must be made for the fact that law enforcement officers are often forced to make split-second judgments in circumstances that are tense, uncertain, and rapidly evolving.  Finally, caselaw establishes that an officer is permitted to use deadly force where he reasonably believes that the suspect posed an imminent threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others.

Additionally, to prove that a shooting violated section 242, the government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the officers acted willfully.  This high legal standard – one of the highest standards of intent imposed by law – requires proof that the officer acted with the specific intent to do something the law forbids.  It is not enough to show that the officer made a mistake, acted negligently, acted by accident or mistake, or even exercised bad judgment."

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-announces-closing-investigation-2014-officer-involved-shooting-cleveland
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 10:56:54 AM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Venturi Swirl

Are you suggesting that the cop was so short-sighted and that he couldn't see what was being recorded on his camera, ie: a young boy putting his empty hands in the air?