Author Topic: What doubts on Jeremy's innocence do supporters have ?  (Read 13237 times)

Offline Alice

Re: What doubts on Jeremy's innocence do supporters have ?
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2018, 09:54:33 AM »
I think you are missing one important point in respect of Bamber's big ego and confession and that is that he has been convicted (rightly) of the murder of two young children and has thus popped himself into a very undesirable category alongside Ian Huntley and others. If he confesses to it then he is admitting to being the very lowest of the low. You only have to look in the papers to see what the press do to someone like Karen Matthews who hasn't actually killed a child. Were he let out with that particular stigma? Well go figure why he's not owning up.

Offline John

« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2018, 05:52:35 PM »
I think you are missing one important point in respect of Bamber's big ego and confession and that is that he has been convicted (rightly) of the murder of two young children and has thus popped himself into a very undesirable category alongside Ian Huntley and others. If he confesses to it then he is admitting to being the very lowest of the low. You only have to look in the papers to see what the press do to someone like Karen Matthews who hasn't actually killed a child. Were he let out with that particular stigma? Well go figure why he's not owning up.

I agree, Bamber would be in great danger if he admitted his guilt. Even in the protection unit he would be a target.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2018, 09:22:29 PM »
Did he say anything interesting about the gun, Sheila being alive & Nevill's call ?

hi im sorry i have searched again for the emails and cant locate them, i remember he had a "plausable" explanation but i cant remember the details unfortunately

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2018, 09:23:27 PM »
Caroline, this is one of the great myths ascribed to prisoners,

" the jails are full of innocent men..."

It is exceptionally rare for prisoners to maintain total innocence, and is effectively a strong indicator of innocence.
And they almost always take the stand as Jeremy did, even when defence urges otherwise.

you make a valid point

Offline Caroline

« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2018, 09:48:32 AM »
you make a valid point

Really - you know the statistics? Do you imagine that out of the few that do maintain innocence, there aren't any who are actually guilty?

What advantage would Bamber get from a confession? 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 09:54:49 AM by Caroline »

Offline John

« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2018, 10:44:49 AM »
Really - you know the statistics? Do you imagine that out of the few that do maintain innocence, there aren't any who are actually guilty?

What advantage would Bamber get from a confession?

I think the question should be, what does Jeremy Bamber want more, to be freed or to be cleared?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2018, 02:30:16 PM »
I think the question should be, what does Jeremy Bamber want more, to be freed or to be cleared?

Freed and compensated.

Offline Alice

« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2018, 03:40:55 PM »
I agree, he still wants life on his own terms and that means freedom but without the stigma of being a killer. He's smart enough to realise that freedom gained by confessing what he's done is probably no freedom. As Caroline has pointed out he is also hugely motivated by money - its why he's inside! So yes compensation would definitely tick all his boxes.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2018, 07:20:30 PM »
I agree, he still wants life on his own terms and that means freedom but without the stigma of being a killer. He's smart enough to realise that freedom gained by confessing what he's done is probably no freedom. As Caroline has pointed out he is also hugely motivated by money - its why he's inside! So yes compensation would definitely tick all his boxes.

He's certainly thought a lot about it. Talk about putting the cart before the horse!

https://jeremybamber.blogspot.com/search?q=compensation