Author Topic: List of things to check when I get to Praia da Luz  (Read 24933 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: List of things to check when I get to Praia da Luz
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2018, 01:37:50 PM »
Najoua does not meet Kate, but Gerry invites her to the table after the quiz, Najoua leaves early, and Gerry might have been attracted.  The next night there seems to be a split between Gerry and Kate over some aspect in fact they end up in separate beds (that is documented). 
Vera is quoted as saying "The McCann’s were at Chaplin’s. I do know that for sure because me, my daughter and granddaughter were there at the time. I didn’t see the McCann’s being asked to return to see to their child because we left fairly early as my granddaughter was tired." 
If it was Tuesday Najoua or Vera are confused depending on how early "we left fairly early" is.  Gerry can't be in two places at once.

Vera is a fantasist or a lier.  And suggesting that Gerry met Najoua at Chaplins is bordering on Libellous Innuendo.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2018, 06:27:58 PM »
Vera is a fantasist or a lier.  And suggesting that Gerry met Najoua at Chaplins is bordering on Libellous Innuendo.
I have not said Najoua headed to Chaplins after the Tapas Bar.  But you seem quite comfortable calling Vera a fantasist or a lier.   If you read all her posts on that site which one really had be the most obvious lie in it in your opinion? 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2018, 06:32:57 PM »
I have not said Najoua headed to Chaplins after the Tapas Bar.  But you seem quite comfortable calling Vera a fantasist or a lier.   If you read all her posts on that site which one really had be the most obvious lie in it in your opinion?

I am not prepared to define.  And nor do I need to.

Vera was a liar and a fantasist.  You did suggest that Gerry went to Chaplins to meet Najoua.  Please don't do this.  I am not stupid.

Merci Beaucoup.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2018, 07:11:12 PM »

Vera was a liar and a fantasist.  You did suggest that Gerry went to Chaplins to meet Najoua.  Please don't do this.  I am not stupid.

Merci Beaucoup.
  You might have read it like that.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2018, 07:42:02 PM »

Merci Beaucoup.
If what Vera says had any truth in it, they would be worth going over again for she says she was there at the time but from what I can see there was no statement from her in the file.

What I find odd about the PJ file we have a swag of statements from the Millennium staff, a place hundreds of meters away from the action and a place the McCanns only went to once during their holiday and yet important eyewitness holiday makers are not interviewed.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 09:01:51 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline misty

« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2018, 07:53:52 PM »
Ifwhat Vera asys had any truth in it, they would be worth going over again for she says she was there at the time but from what I can see there was no statement from her in the file.

What I find odd about the PJ file we have a swag of statements from the Millennium staff, a place hundreds of meters away from the action and a place the McCanns only went to once during their holiday and yet important eyewitness holiday makers are not interviewed.

There is absolutely no truth in what "Vera from Essex" said. A little googling will provide a very unsavoury insight into that particular poster.
Faithlilly has already confirmed that none of the Tapas 9 went to Chaplins, after chatting with the owner. I know who I believe.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2018, 08:48:48 PM »
Grandchild tired, so were they having afternoon tea, or kids high tea? 

Is it true anyway?  With it being from The Maddie Case Files and names like Jillycl, Astro and Kazluz ...   forgive me please if I give Veras news a  %56&

It sounds unlikely to me, but, we just don't know, do we?
So you haven't heard of her before Sadie.  She has her opinions and her understandings which are debatable but she says she was there at the time and gave a statement to the Police (maybe that was the UK police there) for there is no PJ statement with her name on it.
One comment she makes "All the people on holiday gave statements to the police and anything that was said to the PJ has to stay known only to them until they wish it to be made known to the public or not, so I can’t tell anyone about that either."
Well they aren't in the file Vera!
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2018, 09:35:33 PM »
There is absolutely no truth in what "Vera from Essex" said. A little googling will provide a very unsavoury insight into that particular poster.
Faithlilly has already confirmed that none of the Tapas 9 went to Chaplins, after chatting with the owner. I know who I believe.
OK she had her views but other than the dispute over whether the McCanns went to Chaplins (she said Wednesday in a post I have just read) and it sounded like a meal, so who knows, maybe she has a bad recall on that.
"They all did eat at Chaplin's on May 2nd and they were contacted at Chaplin's by an employee of MW's with regard to the children - specifically the McCann children. This was followed up immediately upon their return to the MW complex."  https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/80snostalgia6693/missing-madeline-thread-t446-s320.html

But what exactly do you have a problem with?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2018, 09:40:40 PM »
OK she had her views but other than the dispute over whether the McCanns went to Chaplins (she said Wednesday in a post I have just read) and it sounded like a meal, so who knows, maybe she has a bad recall on that.
"They all did eat at Chaplin's on May 2nd and they were contacted at Chaplin's by an employee of MW's with regard to the children - specifically the McCann children. This was followed up immediately upon their return to the MW complex."  https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/80snostalgia6693/missing-madeline-thread-t446-s320.html

But what exactly do you have a problem with?

The problem is Rob you claim to be a serious researcher but are taking pure gossip seriously

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2018, 09:51:00 PM »
The problem is Rob you claim to be a serious researcher but are taking pure gossip seriously
If someone says they were there and they heard something or saw something that is not actually gossip IMO.  It is first hand knowledge.  It still could be false memory, or mis-identification or other, but I have yet to see any sign of lying on her behalf.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2018, 09:58:53 PM »
That current manager of Chaplins was she there in 2007?  Was that first hand knowledge or not?
Moderation

Offline misty

« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2018, 10:22:29 PM »
That current manager of Chaplins was she there in 2007?  Was that first hand knowledge or not?

Faithlilly had the conversation in Luz in 2008. I don't know if the restaurant still has the same manager now.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2018, 10:25:14 PM »
Faithlilly had the conversation in Luz in 2008. I don't know if the restaurant still has the same manager now.
OK  http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9111.msg445443#msg445443
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 10:32:06 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2018, 11:08:19 PM »
SiL have you meet Karen Sissons the person who reported one of the first potential sightings of Madeleine?  She now lives in PdL and could well be the current owner of apartment 5A.
I don't do Midsomer Murders.  In the main, I listen and note, because once one shows a serious interest in the case the locals clam up.

I wouldn't recognise Karen Sissons if I bumped into her tomorrow.  N.B.  A photo of her will not jog my memory.

AFAIK, 5A was sold to an English lady and Karen Sissons still does not jog my memory.

And I don't do doorstepping.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 02:41:53 AM by ShiningInLuz »
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2018, 11:35:30 PM »
http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/record-profits-expected-for-ft-publisher-pearson/
My Week: Yvonne Radley

"Saturday

As my colleague Klara Lethbridge and I made our way through to departures at East Midlands airport after our 4.10am check-in there were just a couple of the national papers out as it was so early. The Mirror and Express both featured Madeleine on their front pages and talked about the police investigation going from crisis to crisis. We arrived in Faro at 9.10 and jumped in a taxi for the hour-long journey to the Mark Warner complex in Praia Da Luz where the McCanns had stayed. We hadn’t told them we were journalists, and I was worried we might get thrown out as soon as we arrived. We made sure all the equipment was hidden under the beach towels in our hand luggage.  ....."
Could be like that for us.
Moderation