Author Topic: Why was a man who was mobile receiving a full care package?  (Read 17079 times)

Offline John

Re: Why was a man who was mobile receiving a full care package?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 09:02:57 PM »

I disagree. The carers answered Samis advert in the paper. As they were being paid cash in hand they certainly wouldn't risk being prosecuted for not paying tax or national insurance  so this is why they didn't report anything. They would have gone looking for the next job to make some ready cash. The neighbours have already said they saw carers going in and out as I have stated in previous posts

Daisy, you might not realise it but carers have to be registered and certified in the work they do.  We aren't talking about casual Mrs Mops here.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 09:05:03 PM »

And, I know it isn't nice to say this, but if Sami was a difficult man, and did not treat his carers well, perhaps they were somewhat relieved not to find him in, and were none too bothered about where he might have gone. They were free to find a better job.

If they found him difficult they wouldn't have worked for him in the first place.  I'm afraid these excuses just don't wash.  There were no carers in place so nobody missed him...very convenient eh?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 03:38:24 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 01:05:31 PM »
If they found him difficult they wouldn't have worked for him in the first place.  I'm afraid these excuses just don't wash.  There were no carers in place so nobody missed him...very convenient eh?

Or cash in hand people? However, he would still have a phone number of one of them if he needed extra help.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline John

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2017, 04:54:25 PM »
Or cash in hand people? However, he would still have a phone number of one of them if he needed extra help.

Another good point, no doubt he would have recorded their details in a phone, a diary, a notebook etc...  The thing is that Mark has never been able to account for anything or anyone.  The mysterious builders, the distant acquaintances, the home helps, the carers.  The list is endless.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2017, 07:31:06 PM »
Another good point, no doubt he would have recorded their details in a phone, a diary, a notebook etc...  The thing is that Mark has never been able to account for anything or anyone.  The mysterious builders, the distant acquaintances, the home helps, the carers.  The list is endless.

It may seem odd to you but everyone's lives are different. I know married women who have never known how much their husbands earn. I find that unbelievable. Maybe Sami had phone numbers etc stored on his computer which the police will not release to the defence. The only people obstructing this case are the police!!

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2017, 11:32:06 PM »
It may seem odd to you but everyone's lives are different. I know married women who have never known how much their husbands earn. I find that unbelievable. Maybe Sami had phone numbers etc stored on his computer which the police will not release to the defence. The only people obstructing this case are the police!!

Daisy I am willing to accept that Sami had secrets from his son. I am struggling with there being NOTHING  not a thing=zero evidence of anyone being in contact and no forensic  evidence of anyone else being in that house.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Daisy

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2017, 07:11:30 AM »
Daisy I am willing to accept that Sami had secrets from his son. I am struggling with there being NOTHING  not a thing=zero evidence of anyone being in contact and no forensic  evidence of anyone else being in that house.

Do we know if the police did a forensic sweep of the house? I think once they suspected Mark they looked no further and made him fit the crime.  I am reading Bob Woffindon's book at the moment and it is disgusting that in all cases the police didn't follow up leads or make enquirers once they had their suspect. I wonder why the police won't return Sami's computer. If there is nothing on it then there is no reason to keep it.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2017, 10:10:52 AM »
Do we know if the police did a forensic sweep of the house? I think once they suspected Mark they looked no further and made him fit the crime.  I am reading Bob Woffindon's book at the moment and it is disgusting that in all cases the police didn't follow up leads or make enquirers once they had their suspect. I wonder why the police won't return Sami's computer. If there is nothing on it then there is no reason to keep it.

Which Bob Woffinden book are you reading, Daisy?  I am currently reading the one he wrote in conjunction with Sion Jenkins, about Billie-Jo's murder. I, too, am disgusted by some of the things that went on!

As for John's comment about there being no forensics in the house, I say exactly the same thing about Vincent Tabak's DNA being absent from the flat where he is supposed to have killed Joanna Yeates (see our thread, if you are interested).

Has anyone asked the police why they wont return Sami's computer? Sounds fishy to me-----but then, lots of things about lots of cases sound fishy to me!

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2017, 10:16:12 AM »

This comment made me smile!  My husband and I have been married for over 40 years. I never knew exactly how much he earned-----he would have told me, but I didn't ask! He never knew exactly how much I earned either, and he didn't ask. I do not know how much money he has in the bank, nor does he know how much I have. We have never had a joint account, apart from the mortgage.
On the other hand, I have a friend who divorced her husband, partly because she discovered that he had a "secret" bank account. I find that unbelievable, so, yes, we are obviously all different!

Offline John

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2017, 03:39:10 PM »

And maybe he hasn't.  What is clear in this case is that nothing adds up to a miscarriage of justice and everything points to a coverup and charade by the son.  Marks story about his father going off on his own has nothing to support it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 09:53:09 PM by John »

Offline Daisy

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2017, 07:06:15 PM »
Which Bob Woffinden book are you reading, Daisy?  I am currently reading the one he wrote in conjunction with Sion Jenkins, about Billie-Jo's murder. I, too, am disgusted by some of the things that went on!

As for John's comment about there being no forensics in the house, I say exactly the same thing about Vincent Tabak's DNA being absent from the flat where he is supposed to have killed Joanna Yeates (see our thread, if you are interested).

Has anyone asked the police why they wont return Sami's computer? Sounds fishy to me-----but then, lots of things about lots of cases sound fishy to me!

I am reading The Nicholas cases. Just finished the chapter on Glyn Razzel. That poor man- he has given lots of evidence to prove he is innocent and the police have ignored evidence pointing elsewhere. I will read the Vincent Tabak thread although I read about it at the time and thought he was guilty. He hasn't appealed has he to my knowledge?

The police can just refuse to release information or DNA for analysis as they did very publicly in the Kevin Nunn case. They gave no reason. Police work has nothing to do with finding out the truth which is sad.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2017, 07:14:37 PM »
And maybe he hasn't.  What is clear in this case is that nothing adds up to a miscarriage of justice and everything points to a coverup and charade by the son.  Marks story about his father going off on his own has nothing to support it.

It may not add up to you. We all know why Mark told the neighbours his dad had gone away. He has explained that he did it to save embarrassment. We all tell white lies occasionally. I have certainly told people who ring that my husband is out when he doesn't want to speak to them and other people will identify with me. Of course these don't matter generally but in a murder enquiry these untruths become highly significant and the prosecution pounces on them.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2017, 07:16:09 PM »
I am reading The Nicholas cases. Just finished the chapter on Glyn Razzel. That poor man- he has given lots of evidence to prove he is innocent and the police have ignored evidence pointing elsewhere. I will read the Vincent Tabak thread although I read about it at the time and thought he was guilty. He hasn't appealed has he to my knowledge?

The police can just refuse to release information or DNA for analysis as they did very publicly in the Kevin Nunn case. They gave no reason. Police work has nothing to do with finding out the truth which is sad.

I have read about Glyn Razzell, and I believe he is innocent. I know I am in the minority concerning Vincent Tabak, and I know I could be wrong, but it does not sit well with me, even though he pleaded guilty.
I know nothing about Kevin Nunn, and must read about him. What made you interested in Mark's case, which I had never heard of before, until I came onto your thread. Sami certainly led an unusual life.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2017, 07:24:49 PM »
I have read about Glyn Razzell, and I believe he is innocent. I know I am in the minority concerning Vincent Tabak, and I know I could be wrong, but it does not sit well with me, even though he pleaded guilty.
I know nothing about Kevin Nunn, and must read about him. What made you interested in Mark's case, which I had never heard of before, until I came onto your thread. Sami certainly led an unusual life.

I had been helping Paul Bush whose case you can read about on here. I worked with his Caseworker and his Barrister and due to him being represented at his first appeal by the fake lawyer Giovanni di Stefanno, he was given the right to appeal again without going through the CCRC. They dismissed it and Paul went into a downward spiral, writing to all his friends saying he wanted no more contact with anyone. I replied to him and said I would still support him but he never replied. I then went onto mojuk.org.uk and looked through various cases and decided to contact Mark. The rest is history.

Offline John

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2017, 09:56:22 PM »
It may not add up to you. We all know why Mark told the neighbours his dad had gone away. He has explained that he did it to save embarrassment. We all tell white lies occasionally. I have certainly told people who ring that my husband is out when he doesn't want to speak to them and other people will identify with me. Of course these don't matter generally but in a murder enquiry these untruths become highly significant and the prosecution pounces on them.

Yes, we do know why Mark told everyone who asked why his father had gone away but your reason differs greatly from mine. If he had gone away his car and personal effects would have gone with him but they didn't. 

And then months later he is found by police buried in the back garden proving he didn't go away at all but was murdered.  Meanwhile all the time his son lied to cover up what had occurred and spun a yarn which few take seriously.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 10:00:13 PM by John »