Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591562 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #345 on: January 12, 2014, 03:26:53 PM »
[You are wrong pathfinder, by an hour !

Gerry talked with Jez at about 9.15 NOT 8.15

The children were in bed long before 8.30 when the Mccanns went to the Tapas restaurant.  I am not wading tru the statements, but you are way out .... try and get your facts right .... cos wrong facts cause Myths and disinformation]

What are you going on about? This was on WED 2 MAY!!!!

"That evening myself and my partner attended the 'Tapas' restaurant which is part of the hotel complex at the swimming pool. We sat down to eat at 7:30 pm. After about forty five (45) minutes Jerry appeared as did one of his friends. I believe it was Russell. They sat at the next table. We naturally engaged in conversation about everyday things. We spoke about childcare. That night my family were using the creche's facility. We found out that the group of families were occupying ground floor flats near the swimming pool and they were leaving the children by themselves in order for them to go to the restaurant in the evenings. They would then go regularly to check the children who would be asleep.  I found out that Jerry was a cardiologist in a Hospital. At this time his wife was putting the children to bed." (Jeremy Wilkins)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:35:32 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline sadie

« Reply #346 on: January 12, 2014, 04:09:23 PM »
[You are wrong pathfinder, by an hour !

Gerry talked with Jez at about 9.15 NOT 8.15

The children were in bed long before 8.30 when the Mccanns went to the Tapas restaurant.  I am not wading tru the statements, but you are way out .... try and get your facts right .... cos wrong facts cause Myths and disinformation]

What are you going on about? This was on WED 2 MAY!!!!

"That evening myself and my partner attended the 'Tapas' restaurant which is part of the hotel complex at the swimming pool. We sat down to eat at 7:30 pm. After about forty five (45) minutes Jerry appeared as did one of his friends. I believe it was Russell. They sat at the next table. We naturally engaged in conversation about everyday things. We spoke about childcare. That night my family were using the creche's facility. We found out that the group of families were occupying ground floor flats near the swimming pool and they were leaving the children by themselves in order for them to go to the restaurant in the evenings. They would then go regularly to check the children who would be asleep.  I found out that Jerry was a cardiologist in a Hospital. At this time his wife was putting the children to bed." (Jeremy Wilkins)

I beg your pardon, pathfinder.

This is one of the problems of interruptions.  I do not always get to read the run in as I would like.

I will delete the offending post

Sorry

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #347 on: January 12, 2014, 05:00:01 PM »
All supposition Pathfinder .... and very biased

As far as i am aware, before coming away, the Mccanns hardly knew quite a few of the peeps they holidayed with.  And I am not at all sure that they followed the same routine as the others, day in and day out.  Where did you get that from ?

As for Kate wanting to have it out with Gerry !  Jeez, you do have a vivid imagination

Editted:
Deleted. 
Sorry Pathfinder.  My mistake.

I seem to recall from the files that everyone went to the beach/boat trip one day without the McCanns.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline jassi

« Reply #348 on: January 12, 2014, 05:07:36 PM »
I don't recall mention of Gerry doing anything much other than play tennis for most of the week, though presumably he must have done other things.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #349 on: January 12, 2014, 05:25:29 PM »
I beg your pardon, pathfinder.

This is one of the problems of interruptions.  I do not always get to read the run in as I would like.

I will delete the offending post

Sorry

That's ok Sadie and thank you. It's sometimes hard to keep up with all the posts.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #350 on: January 12, 2014, 06:08:17 PM »
That's ok Sadie and thank you. It's sometimes hard to keep up with all the posts.

I have already deleted the irrelevant videos.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Benice

« Reply #351 on: January 12, 2014, 06:39:41 PM »
Not sure about that. Gerry worked with all the other men and Kate & Fiona were best friends. The only one not really known was Fiona's mother

Jane Tanner had only met them about half a dozen times in her life - at weddings and birthday parties etc.  She was Fiona's friend.

IIRC the Oldfields hadn't seen them for about 3 years before PdL.

Diane Webster only knew them as friends of her daughter.

So apart from the Paynes, the others were not close friends.     

Compelling reasons IMO - why they would not dream of agreeing  to take such massive risks with their own lives and particularly their own children's lives by agreeing to become 'Accessories' to such a serious crime of disposing of a child's body.    Not a chance IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline jassi

« Reply #352 on: January 12, 2014, 06:52:31 PM »
Jane Tanner had only met them about half a dozen times in her life - at weddings and birthday parties etc.  She was Fiona's friend.

Compelling reasons IMO - why they would not dream of agreeing  to take such massive risks with their own lives and particularly their own children's lives by agreeing to become 'Accessories' to such a serious crime of disposing of a child's body.    Not a chance IMO.

If that were the case, I would agree with you.
However, they may have felt that they were potentially all deep in the shit regarding their child care arrangements and that they could avoid the fallout by being deliberately vague about the details of that evening. No suggestion of covering up a crime, just covering their own backs.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Benice

« Reply #353 on: January 12, 2014, 08:30:37 PM »
If that were the case, I would agree with you.
However, they may have felt that they were potentially all deep in the shit regarding their child care arrangements and that they could avoid the fallout by being deliberately vague about the details of that evening. No suggestion of covering up a crime, just covering their own backs.

But their childcare arrangements were the first thing they told the GNR about.     They made no attempt to hide their childcare arrangements.    So imo it makes no sense to give that as a reason.   Diane Webster was not responsible for any children - and I cannot for one moment see her own daughter encouraging her elderly mother to take such a dangerous risk.   Sorry - it's just too far fetched for me.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #354 on: January 16, 2014, 09:54:16 PM »
Najoua Chekaya

When questioned, she said she was at the table from about 21.30 to 21.50.

Tuesday, 1 May 2007, that she was invited to the table of the group of which
 the McCann couple were part, by Gerry himself.
 --- That she recalls there being an empty place [seat] at the table, not being certain if it had been
 Madeleine's mother's place given that she is not sure if they had met each other there at that time.
 --- The photographs of the group of the McCann's friends having been shown to her, the deponent
 declares that from those photos seen she has some reservations about David Payne [in that] while
 she thinks he was also there, she had not noted his presence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kate and David Payne possibly missing?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teofilo Manuel Furtado Castela - Administrative Services Manager - Witness statement

his work area is in the tourist resort situated on 44 Rua Direita, a local which is 500 meters in distance from the apartment where the English child named Madeleine disappeared;

Questioned as to whether in Past times he noted or was aware through communication with colleagues of the resort that a strange person/personsWere seen around the resort, or asked strange questions about the tourists and children who accompanied them or about the proper installations of the resort, the deponent states that only an employee named Bernardino Silva, told him on Friday, the 04 of May, that the day prior, the date the child went missing, that he saw a strange individual around the resort; . The deponent does not remember any details of what that employee told him but knows that the same employee was already questioned by the Judicial Police regarding these facts;

Bernardino de Abreu Pereia da Silva

Date/Time: 2007/05/07 13H00

Maintenance Worker/Driver

He states that he only learnt of the disappearance of the child when he arrived at his place of work, on Friday, the 4th, at about 14H30, and saw the police “apparatus” which surrounded the resort, having subsequently been informed of the events by his colleagues.

He states that at no moment, did he notice the presence of anyone with an abnormal behaviour, as regards children, or anything else which appeared to be of suspicious nature.

When asked, he says he no longer works for the MW OC for health reasons, he made the decision to resign.

When questioned about having made a telephone call on 3rd May at 21.00.11 having activated antennas in P da L, when his working day finished at 20.30, he says that on this day, as well as on others, he was delayed because he had to carry out the transport, even though it was late, of some tourists. At this time he was driving the minibus belonging to the establishment. H e also says, that on this day, as well as the transport already referred to, he was late because of the fact that some tourists did not have the key to their apartment.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:45:15 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #355 on: January 17, 2014, 03:36:08 PM »
Criminologist Francisco Moita Flores [FMF] comment: “It is surprising for someone to discover the golf course and a cliff, a cliff with a steep downslide… I don’t know, I believe the cliff is important. I would look at it again."

So would I. That cliff face is an outside place where a body could be hidden/buried undetected (descending from the top).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:00:53 PM by pathfinder73 »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #356 on: January 17, 2014, 03:44:18 PM »

Compelling reasons IMO - why they would not dream of agreeing  to take such massive risks with their own lives and particularly their own children's lives by agreeing to become 'Accessories' to such a serious crime of disposing of a child's body.    Not a chance IMO.
I agree that the Paynes were the pivot of that group and the others acquaintances.
Even close friends wouldn't agree in a covering up and therefore wouldn't even be asked.
So why, Benice, are you always alluding to that as not plausible. Everybody shares your view !

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #357 on: January 17, 2014, 03:50:05 PM »
Man at Rocha Negra 22 JUNE 07 which I found on Google Earth a few weeks back. Maybe that was the image that person sent to SY. Don't think there's anything to it myself.

p.s. my Google Earth images of 2 white houses re Amsterdam letter. There's only one white house in the 2007 Google Earth image not 2 - the other house was built after 2007. The one house situated behind the top of the hill where they found that blanket.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:08:39 PM by pathfinder73 »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #358 on: January 17, 2014, 03:59:13 PM »
No suggestion of covering up a crime, just covering their own backs.
Covering their backs, certainly, and that's very human and understandable. At that point, at least, Tannerman had convinced them and it didn't occur to them that accuracy was needed.
This perspective changed, though, when the MP requested a reconstruction. Almost a year had passed, theoretically they were ready to do anything to get Madeleine back alive, but the chances were almost null, why should they risk to spoil their peace for no result ? Hadn't they sufficiently be the victims of the media ?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #359 on: January 18, 2014, 02:31:29 PM »
With regard to the possible sighting of arguido Gerry McCann next to a pink coloured block of apartments at a site opposite the Luz cemetery, we can inform you that this an establishment called "St James Portuguesa Lda", lots 1 and 2 being situated in the positions mentioned, from the outside the spaces corresponding to Lot 1 can be seen of a total of apartment designated as follows: 101-104, 111-114, 121-124, 105-109, 115-119, 125-129.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happened in regards to this sighting opposite the church? Were all these apartments fully searched?