Author Topic: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views  (Read 210642 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2018, 07:22:29 PM »
I accept that, but what I find hard to accept is the rain washed away every trace of Luke yet left other traces from other people behind.

Where is your evidence for this claim and who is your source?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

jixy

« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2018, 08:23:33 PM »
Out of context you can make anything fit.

jixy

« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2018, 09:01:26 PM »
well you definitely cant pin that one on me  @)(++(*

Offline justsaying

« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2018, 09:12:16 PM »
well you definitely cant pin that one on me  @)(++(*

Back to Luke, what do you think, Jixy, about the rain washing away all of his DNA but leaving others behind?

jixy

« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2018, 09:17:19 PM »
I think that would be impossible for the rain alone or if Luke tried to make it happen. Hopefully someone will find the answers Luke needs.

jixy

« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2018, 09:20:57 PM »
I dont think everyone needs to be explained and defined by a link. Even if it makes great reading and suits your purpose it is only ever a guide!

Offline justsaying

« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2018, 09:22:30 PM »
I think that would be impossible for the rain alone or if Luke tried to make it happen. Hopefully someone will find the answers Luke needs.

Yes I agree, would be quite impossible for him to select which DNA was his, don't you think?

jixy

« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2018, 09:23:42 PM »
Absolutely  8@??)(

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2018, 09:29:51 PM »
Gosh, someone is like a Duracell battery, just keeps going and going and going  @)(++(*

Agreed...can we cease the personal comments now please!!
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2018, 09:46:59 PM »
Back to Luke, what do you think, Jixy, about the rain washing away all of his DNA but leaving others behind?

Hasn't John already answered this for you?

Luke Mitchell had physical contact with Jodi Jones regularly including the day she was murdered so his DNA should have been on her or her clothing. Likewise, Jodi's DNA would have been on Luke Mitchell. None was ever found which I put down to a failed CSI exercise.

It is often argued that his DNA was not found on her or at the crime scene so he couldn't have killed her. That argument fails on the basis of the above.

Which goes to show the inadequacy of the CSI since Luke was at the crime scene.  It could be argued that he climbed over the wall in order to pretend to discover Jodi's body so as to confuse the footprints and/or DNA he had already left there.

They did meet in private at school earlier that day and if I recall correctly, Jodi got the bus home after school while Luke walked home alone. Nobody ever came forward to claim anything different.

One thing which those unfamiliar with the case must understand is that Luke Mitchell was seen by a passing motorist at the end of the rural track which led to the murder scene just minutes after Jodi had been brutally slashed across her throat. In fairness to the defence, Mitchell denied this was him and claimed that he never strayed from the entrance to his estate which was several hundred yards away. In order to believe Mitchell's version of events one has to accept that another lad who looked like Luke Mitchell and was dressed like Luke Mitchell just happened to be stood there, a few hundred yards from Luke Mitchell as Jodi was murdered. One also has to remember that the track was barely used and that pedestrians using the public road were few and far between.

I fear that on the balance of probabilities, the jury failed to accept this coincidence.

As for the DNA, the simple answer is that it rained on the murder scene and as Lothian & Borders Police failed to erect a canopy over the site, all sorts of evidence was lost.

It's seems you've been unable to grasp the reality of his explanation or indeed the facts of this case.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 10:30:34 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

jixy

« Reply #190 on: September 22, 2018, 09:51:52 PM »
I dont think the answers lie with John. He has his opinions as do we all.

The thread is about Luke.. To ask what i think seems to be a reasonable question considering that is what we are meant to be discussing

Offline justsaying

« Reply #191 on: September 22, 2018, 09:55:43 PM »

The thread is about Luke.. To ask what i think seems to be a reasonable question considering that is what we are meant to be discussing

Your opinion mustn't matter  @)(++(*

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2018, 10:02:37 PM »

Where do you think the answers lie then?

"The case also centred on Mitchell's character, his supposedly unemotional reaction to Jodi's death and that he carried knives, sold cannabis and was interested in satanism. After the longest trial of a single accused in Scottish legal history, a majority verdict convicted Mitchell and he was sentenced to life, with a minimum term of 20 years to be served before parole

In the years following the verdict there has been some unease at the circumstantial nature of the case, but an appeal was rejected last year.

Now Mitchell's new defence team is preparing to apply for a fresh appeal based partly on the original forensics investigation, the details of which have never before been made public. The new defence team say the original police forensic service laboratory report and biology report contradict the prosecution case that the murder did not have a sexual motive, as semen was found on Jodi's body.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/aug/02/luke-mitchell-jodi-jones-appeal

"Lean, who was reported to have distanced herself from the campaign in recent years, said: “After 11 years, I needed a break, I was exhausted. I’m still involved and the SCCRC can review the case again if new information comes to light. There are still avenues that have not been addressed and it’s down to us to present a compelling case for why they should be.”
The case, once described by an investigating officer and a trial judge as the worst murder they had seen, has troubled some observers. The murder weapon was never found and there was no DNA evidence linking Mitchell to the crime scene.
In 2012, Lean and Mitchell’s mother, Corinne, delivered a 300-page dossier to the SCCRC, which included claims that a Mitchell lookalike may have confused eyewitnesses. The SCCRC later concluded that although police officers breached Mitchell’s human rights when they questioned him without a lawyer present, it did not believe he was the victim of a miscarriage of justice. http://www.miscarriagesofjustice.org/campaigners-to-launch-new-appeal-for-luke-mitchell/
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 10:22:39 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2018, 12:57:52 PM »
Your opinion mustn't matter  @)(++(*

I'm interested in your opinion on this case and other cases.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:35:25 PM by John »

Offline justsaying

« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2018, 01:20:37 PM »
I'm interested in your opinion on this case and other cases

I think that ship has definitely sailed...

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 01:50:00 PM by John »