Author Topic: Julie Mugford (girlfriend)  (Read 71130 times)

Offline John

Re: Julie Mugford (girlfriend)
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2012, 03:57:57 AM »
I have read mad Jackie's 32 statement comment a few times. Yesterday she was comparing Mugford to Hindley, Brady and  Huntley. Shame on you Preece ..... the only name that should be top of that list is Jeremy Bamber.

I have often wondered what's worse ....... killing to satisfy some deviant sexual perversion or planning to kill in utter cold blood purely for financial gains.

Either way Bamber is up there with the worst of the worse.

Even the worst of the worst invictus.

In my opinion...hmm...I have always considered Julie Mugford a reliable witness from the moment the cops got their mits on her.  She had everything to lose at that moment in time if she told a pack of lies.  She had a degree and was studying for an honours degree in education.  Her ambition was to be a teacher and by all counts she has made an excellent teacher out in Canada.

It couldn't have been easy for her to up-stakes and move halfway across the world and all because of Bamber.  If Julie had supported Bamber she would never have been able to carry on with a career, she would have been finished and probably have spent several years in prison as an accomplice.

I agree with piece as well as to what you say David.  Julie Mugford had everything to lose by telling lies.  The poor girl didn't ask to be brought into all this in the middle of her honours degree course at University.  I have no doubt the police laid it on the line with her, cooperate and tell the truth or you are going down for a long stretch too.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2012, 03:58:56 AM »
And it is key that at the 2002 appeal Bamber tried to discredit Mugford as a key part of his strategy. Even though she was summonsed Bamber's lawyers didn't call her as they had nothing of any value to accuse her of. Bamber now can't try the same point of law again & Mugford, quite rightly in my opinion, won't ever have to listen to this nonsense in a court.

On that same issue piece it should be remembered that there is evidence that was not allowed in 1986 and 2002 but can be used now if he were ever given a retrial.  From what we now know about him and what he said to others about killing Nevill, i have no doubt he would be convicted all over again.

What do you think?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline puglove

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2012, 03:59:37 AM »
I think he would be convicted again. As for why he keeps saying he's innocent - I think he has two reasons a) that he has a nicer cell & a better prison environment while he claims he's innocent - remember that the 1986 appeal was based on the Judge's summing up rather than on any evidence that may show he was innocent. And b) he can keep saying he's innocent because he knows the police arsed up when they arrived and he knows that not everything is exactly how he left it!!
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Admin

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2012, 04:00:42 AM »
I think he would be convicted again. As for why he keeps saying he's innocent - I think he has two reasons a) that he has a nicer cell & a better prison environment while he claims he's innocent - remember that the 1986 appeal was based on the Judge's summing up rather than on any evidence that may show he was innocent. And b) he can keep saying he's innocent because he knows the police ar..d up when they arrived and he knows that not everything is exactly how he left it!!

As you say he can keep saying he is innocent and Sheila did it until the cows come home.  I notice he is now accusing Ann Eaton and David Boutflour of conspiring against him.  Wonder who will be next?

Offline puglove

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2012, 04:01:45 AM »
I have always been convinced Bamber is guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt but I think that he has almost convinced himself he is innocent. I think if a video came to light showing what he did he would still claim innocense somehow.

He will never admit guilt because the assassination of the twins in their sleep is a crime with just no redemption. If the truth be shown he would only have Tesco and Preece still adoring him.

I agree that Julie Mugford is a very decent person caught up in Bamber's sick web. I am glad she has made a good life for herself; a respected teacher and a mum of two.

Offline Mr Justice K

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2012, 04:03:03 AM »
You will note a comment by Jackie Preece a while back when she made mention of Mugfords marriage being on the rocks.

Could someone tell me what exactly that has to do with Preece, let alone the public at large?  I think Preece must have some strange personality disorder to be so vindictive to this woman.  Its either that or she is just a nutter?
Law without justice is a wound without a cure.  (William Scott Downey)

nugnug

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2012, 04:03:46 AM »
 i think she is just lonely and has nobody to play with except jeremy.

well thats what i think.

Offline John

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2012, 04:05:17 AM »
On the issue of Julie Mugford, I believe Julie's evidence was totally
genuine.  Remember that it is backed up by many other members of
the family and outsiders as well.

They can't all be wrong or mistaken or deluded!

Offline puglove

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2012, 04:06:22 AM »
If Julie was a woman scorned who lied thru her teeth about Bamber as his groupies suggest, she would hardly have made up that Bamber hired a hit man. Her detailed  story would never have held up thru 32 police interviews and certainly not thru testimony and cross examination in a crown court; tested by Bamber's top notch defense team.   

That's as ridiculous as the delicate 7 stone Sheila overpowering Neville without breaking a fingernail or assassinating her adored twin boys in their sleep. Or the remaining family conspiring to frame the cuckoo Bamber to grab his inheritance. Or the police conspiring to convict an innocent man and making themselves look incompetent by doing so!

If Bamber is innocent he is the unluckiest man ever born. And I am the Queen Of Sheba!

Offline Admin

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2012, 04:08:22 AM »
Up to page 4 of Julie Mugfords 32-page statement to police, is it just us or are things beginning to make sense at last?

What normal lad talks about killing his entire family in such terms and then when it happens nobody is really surprised??

What do you think and remember this is only page 4 !!

Offline Admin

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 12:24:40 PM »
Here is a more up to date photograph of Julie who is now known as Julie Smerchanski.

Offline Milly

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »
Here is a more up to date photograph of Julie who is now known as Julie Smerchanski.

Julie has done very well for herself with her new life in Canada.  She became the principal of a school and is now an Director in the Winnipeg Schools Division in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

Offline Milly

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2012, 04:27:38 PM »
i have always wondered if those she works with have the slightest clue as to her background?

Offline John

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 04:29:57 PM »
i have always wondered if those she works with have the slightest clue as to her background?

They won't know her maiden name as Mugford so an internet search without that information would be a waste of time.  In any event Milly, what does it matter, foolishness in ones youth has little bearing on ones later life as many a person has proven.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 04:49:48 PM »
I see that you are going to make contact with her John.  Can you ask her why she didn't say something earlier when Bamber was actively planning the murders.  Did she not realise he was serious when he got her to get tranquillisers from the doctor?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!