Author Topic: We want to thank Anne for attending the libel hearings.  (Read 6033 times)

Offline Admin

We want to thank Anne for attending the libel hearings.
« on: September 25, 2013, 01:52:12 AM »
Just imagine if we didn't have our very own member at the libel trial in Lisbon.  We would be left to peruse sensationalistic press reports from newspapers who have their own agendas.  Other than the very odd tweet we wouldn't have a clue what is really going on, this in itself drives yet more speculation and rumour.

This forum has effectively been a vanguard in relation to these latest hearings if the number of people downloading the reports is anything to go by.

Anne's reports are not selected highlights but a hammer and blow running comment of the action as it happened.  We are so grateful to her for taking the time to do this.  Thank you Anne.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:53:55 AM by Admin »

Offline Angelo222

Re: We want to thank Anne for attending the libel hearings.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 02:35:57 AM »
Just imagine if we didn't have our very own member at the libel trial in Lisbon.  We would be left to peruse sensationalistic press reports from newspapers who have their own agendas.  Other than the very odd tweet we wouldn't have a clue what is really going on, this in itself drives yet more speculation and rumour.

This forum has effectively been a vanguard in relation to these latest hearings if the number of people downloading the reports is anything to go by.

Anne's reports are not selected highlights but a hammer and blow running comment of the action as it happened.  We are so grateful to her for taking the time to do this.  Thank you Anne.

I will second that and add my thanks too.   I know only too well from my own profession how time consuming these things can be.    8@??)( 8((()*/

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 02:42:28 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Jacinta

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 05:56:45 AM »
Fantastic work!

Since finding Anne's transcripts I realise just how lopsided journalism is in this case. I've given up trying to read reports in the mainstream media. What they do tell us is so little yet they've manage to fill a whole page based on a few snippets. How is this possible? I just can't understand why they're so limited in what they do report on the libel trial.

Without Anne and Admin of this forum we wouldn't know the truth of what was said inside the court room.

Many thanks to Anne for being present at each day of the trial and all her hard work. Many thanks also to Admin for publishing the transcripts and making them available for download to the public. Very much appreciated.

Jaci x

icabodcrane

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 10:38:17 AM »
Fantastic work!

Since finding Anne's transcripts I realise just how lopsided journalism is in this case. I've given up trying to read reports in the mainstream media. What they do tell us is so little yet they've manage to fill a whole page based on a few snippets. How is this possible? I just can't understand why they're so limited in what they do report on the libel trial.

Without Anne and Admin of this forum we wouldn't know the truth of what was said inside the court room.

Many thanks to Anne for being present at each day of the trial and all her hard work. Many thanks also to Admin for publishing the transcripts and making them available for download to the public. Very much appreciated.

Jaci x

Jaci has said it all for me

I just want to add my thanks 

Offline gilet

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 11:03:21 AM »
..... removed delete quote ....

I have already thanked Anne for her efforts on another thread and stated that they are by far the best record of the court trial we so far have.

But I have also made a suggestion/request on the trial thread which I believe would mean that  what is available to readers would show an even fuller picture. I hope the request is treated seriously and not just dismissed automatically as "sniping" as I have seen already happen.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:15:49 PM by John »

Offline Meadow

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 11:05:40 AM »
What a fantastic job you have done.  I can't imagine the concentration and time this must all have taken.

I hope many people will take the time to actually READ the transcriptions.

Again, with thanks.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 11:07:06 AM »
What a fantastic job you have done.  I can't imagine the concentration and time this must all have taken.

Again, with thanks.

agree meadow and nice to see you 8@??)(

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 11:27:19 AM »
So you join a thread designed to offer appreciation in order to say you have none  ?

the pros are such bitter stiff upper lipped people its sad isnt it   they cant show any genuine emotion  sounds like someone else we know too

Offline TTSOFAFM

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 11:36:14 AM »
the pros are such bitter stiff upper lipped people its sad isnt it   they cant show any genuine emotion  sounds like someone else we know too
Not bitter at all.  Just have compassion and empathy for the family of a missing child.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 11:43:16 AM »
I sent two pics of my notes to John, in order to satisfy some posters' legitimate curiosity. Unfortunately I'm the only one who can understand them, thanks to a memory that will be erased in a short time. John corrects my clumsinesses in English so that reading is easier for you. Sometimes, rarely, he's not sure about what I wrote or misunderstood and I reformulate it. After he edited, he sends the report back and I rectify before sending him again. Sometimes he again has doubts and sends me to check.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 11:50:23 AM »
I sent two pics of my notes to John, in order to satisfy some posters' legitimate curiosity. Unfortunately I'm the only one who can understand them, thanks to a memory that will be erased in a short time. John corrects my clumsinesses in English so that reading is easier for you. Sometimes, rarely, he's not sure about what I wrote or misunderstood and I reformulate it. After he edited, he sends the report back and I rectify before sending him again. Sometimes he again has doubts and sends me to check.

you are doing wonderful keep   it up 8@??)(

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 03:57:48 PM »
Sterling work, Anne and John

Offline John

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 04:17:15 PM »
..... removed delete quote ....

I have already thanked Anne for her efforts on another thread and stated that they are by far the best record of the court trial we so far have.

But I have also made a suggestion/request on the trial thread which I believe would mean that  what is available to readers would show an even fuller picture. I hope the request is treated seriously and not just dismissed automatically as "sniping" as I have seen already happen.

I am just getting around to reviewing these posts Gilet so will have a look.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 04:30:21 PM »

Again, with thanks.

Thank you Meadow and welcome to the forum.

It has been a struggle to get the tribunal Reports onto the forum but it has been very worthwhile because in the final analysis an almost word for word record of what was said combined with other Court events affords the reader a great opportunity to make up their own mind about the testimony.

This is especially valid since the events at the Palace of Justice are taking place in both English and Portuguese.  I have just reviewed the numbers and one Report alone, that relating to Mrs Susan Hubbard, has been downloaded 890 times.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:32:05 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 04:35:53 PM »

I think it might also be worth pointing out that it is the English language that is being edited and not the actual meaning of the content.

Anne's notes.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 05:05:01 PM by John »