Author Topic: Holiday firm leaves resort where Madeleine McCann disappeared.  (Read 23193 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Holiday firm leaves resort where Madeleine McCann disappeared.
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 09:53:40 PM »

Look to the Exchange Rate.  This has seriously affected all holiday destinations throughout Europe.

Offline Anna

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 09:56:48 PM »
Look to the Exchange Rate.  This has seriously affected all holiday destinations throughout Europe.

Has it really? Well maybe that is another explanation of why there are less bookings in PDl.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Online Eleanor

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 09:59:19 PM »
Has it really? Well maybe that is another explanation of why there are less bookings in PDl.

It's an important point, Anna.  I should know.  I manage a Holiday Property here in France, and bookings have dropped drastically over the last six years.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 11:28:13 PM »
I hope to visit Luz and surrounds later this year so am well looking forward to it.

It is a lovely, quiet little place John. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I was there last about a year and a half ago and I was heartened to see so many families enjoying themselves in what they obviously still believe is a safe holiday destination.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 11:42:15 PM »
It is a lovely, quiet little place John. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I was there last about a year and a half ago and I was heartened to see so many families enjoying themselves in what they obviously still believe is a safe holiday destination.

It is a safe holiday destination now.  Probably none safer.  And I said that seven years ago.

Offline sadie

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 01:10:15 AM »
Am pleased to agree with Faith.

It is a very nice little place and pretty well devoid of yobs.  I never saw any

Pleasantly quiet and really a family resort.   I never felt any danger at all on either occasion that I was there. 

In my experience, which is somewhat limited cos we were only there for a few hours this last time, the locals are not as friiendly as they were.   Someone has been stirring things IMO.

Offline John

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2015, 01:37:33 AM »
Thanks gals.  I have been trying to schedule something for a while but the time just wasnt right last year.  There are so many things that I want to photograph and video too.  I also want to find out what the locals really think about what has been going on these last seven years.  I'm fed up reading the sanctimonious crap we are served up by the msm every other week, it's time we knew the truth.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 01:39:41 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 01:37:54 AM »
Well.. They had quite a few attacks on British children in their holiday rooms even with parents present and sleeping in the apartments.. This person was never caught.. I am afraid I don't see it as safe at all..

Amaral had the DNA of this person and this was never previously checked against the DNA found in Madeleine's room.. And you all say it is safe??

Lyall

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2015, 01:39:31 AM »
English newspapers Sadie.

It's reduced now but the drip-drip of Portugal bashing has continued since 2007.

Lyall

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2015, 01:45:29 AM »
You don't think the periodic attempts to link every paedophile in Europe to Praia da Luz has had an effect?

Lyall

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 01:48:21 AM »
Plus the British police decided to dig holes around town just as the tourist season was starting. This obviously has an effect.

Offline Anna

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 02:08:05 AM »
It is a shame.

From what I've heard it is a very pleasant place to visit.

We might be pleasantly surprised and someone will take it over, before the start of the next season.
 Fingers crossed, it will be once again, that sleepy little fishing village that attracts families.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2015, 08:03:27 AM »
Plus the British police decided to dig holes around town just as the tourist season was starting. This obviously has an effect.

Do you think UK police should not be investigating?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 08:26:28 AM »
You don't think the periodic attempts to link every paedophile in Europe to Praia da Luz has had an effect?
There are hundreds of thousands of paedophiles in Europe, please don't be absurd.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 08:31:37 AM »
There are hundreds of thousands of paedophiles in Europe, please don't be absurd.

Where did you get the data?

Or is that just a guess?

Have you accounted for variations in age of consent across Europe?

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 10:07:47 AM by John »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.