Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1465105 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #5655 on: May 26, 2019, 06:33:06 PM »
Do you remember going to my blog, cherry picking a copy and paste, and posting it on here?

Forum rules do not require that I give a cite for your post.  That is called a no-brainer.

Guests on here can go to my blog and decide for themselves.  Equally, they can comment on my blog, whether they agree or disagree with my article.  From memory, Anne Guedes, one of my magnificent six, disagreed.  Her comment still stands.

Parting comment.  Vanessa Mae.
And here’s my parting comment to you.  When it comes to expertise regarding dogs’ olfactory senses Martin Grime undoubtedly knows more about the subject than you or Vanessa Mae, or even Vanessa Feltz or Vanessa Redgrave.  Now every time you respond with yet another “parting comment”  to try and dig yourself out of this embarrassing hole, I will be there with another parting comment of my own.  Your call.   
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5656 on: May 26, 2019, 06:33:50 PM »
I don't feel the inclination to rewrite anything in Wikipedia.

Do you know what a 'large olfactory cortex' means?

Vanessa Mae.
@)(++(*. Yes.  Do you?

Martin Grime.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5657 on: May 26, 2019, 06:45:39 PM »
@)(++(*. Yes.  Do you?

Martin Grime.

No it doesn't mean Martin Grime.

No it doesn't mean a dog's nose sensors.

It's all to do with Vanessa Mae.

Mind you, it is humourous to see you trotting out Martin Grime in support of your stance.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5658 on: May 26, 2019, 06:54:11 PM »

Mind you, it is humourous to see you trotting out Martin Grime in support of your stance.
John earlier wrote to the forum saying posts need to be "informative".  SIL what you wrote here is not informative in the slightest.  Please change track.
"Some posts have been unnecessarily aggressive and combative recently which is not conducive to constructive debate. By all means promote opinion and explore theories as long as such are based on facts and accepted understanding.

Finally, please keep posts amicable and informative at all times. TY."
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5659 on: May 26, 2019, 07:16:20 PM »

You seem to have a thing for Vanessa Mae.  It’s kind of tragic.  Apart from a pretty face and being a dab hand at the fiddle, what are Mae’s credentials in the field of dog olfactory abilities?  I won’t hold my breath for a straight answer.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5660 on: May 26, 2019, 07:21:19 PM »
You seem to have a thing for Vanessa Mae.  It’s kind of tragic.  Apart from a pretty face and being a dab hand at the fiddle, what are Mae’s credentials in the field of dog olfactory abilities?  I won’t hold my breath for a straight answer.

She has none.

Is that straight enough?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 08:15:48 PM by ShiningInLuz »
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5661 on: May 26, 2019, 08:19:27 PM »
She has none.

Is that straight enough?
Why do you keep on naming her as a cite for your claim then?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5662 on: May 26, 2019, 08:28:58 PM »
Why do you keep on naming her as a cite for your claim then?

A cite for which claim?
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5663 on: May 26, 2019, 09:00:52 PM »
A cite for which claim?
Have you forgotten already?  Oh dear.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5664 on: May 26, 2019, 09:56:49 PM »
Have you forgotten already?  Oh dear.
This is a messed up conversation.  OK it is not particularly aggressive or abusive but it is not particularly informative.  I personally have admired Vanessa Mae as an entertainer, so I just love seeing her name.
Can we get over it?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5665 on: May 26, 2019, 09:59:23 PM »
This is a messed up conversation.  OK it is not particularly aggressive or abusive but it is not particularly informative.  I personally have admired Vanessa Mae as an entertainer, so I just love seeing her name.
Can we get over it?
As long as next time I am asked for a cite I can just write “Roger Moore” or “Kenneth Williams” and that will be acceptable to the mods.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5666 on: May 27, 2019, 12:08:29 AM »
As long as next time I am asked for a cite I can just write “Roger Moore” or “Kenneth Williams” and that will be acceptable to the mods.
That may or may not be acceptable depending on the situation.

Sir Roger George Moore KBE (14 October 1927 – 23 May 2017) was an English actor best known for playing British secret agent James Bond in seven feature films from 1973 to 1985, beginning with Live and Let Die.

Kenneth Charles Williams (22 February 1926 – 15 April 1988) was an English actor, best known for his comedy roles and in later life as a raconteur and diarist.
Moderation

Offline Lace

« Reply #5667 on: May 27, 2019, 05:33:01 PM »
That may or may not be acceptable depending on the situation.

Sir Roger George Moore KBE (14 October 1927 – 23 May 2017) was an English actor best known for playing British secret agent James Bond in seven feature films from 1973 to 1985, beginning with Live and Let Die.

Kenneth Charles Williams (22 February 1926 – 15 April 1988) was an English actor, best known for his comedy roles and in later life as a raconteur and diarist.

Was that the Kenneth Williams in the 'Carry On Films' ?   Remember watching one where they were on a boat I think at sea, they were all dying of thirst and  one man was saying 'water'  and Kenneth Williams replied 'yes please'   I remember finding that very funny.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5668 on: May 27, 2019, 06:11:42 PM »
I just spotted Clarence Mitchell on a BBC news clip. Apparently he was an MEP candidate for the South East.
Given the poor performance of the Conservatives, he failed.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5669 on: May 27, 2019, 06:22:51 PM »
I just spotted Clarence Mitchell on a BBC news clip. Apparently he was an MEP candidate for the South East.
Given the poor performance of the Conservatives, he failed.
MEP - can you tell me what those letters stand for please?
Moderation