Author Topic: The 'Find Madeleine Campaign' Helpful or Harmful?  (Read 32481 times)

Offline The General

Re: The 'Find Madeleine Campaign' Helpful or Harmful?
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2019, 11:26:11 PM »
That still could happen if the Find Madeleine Campaign works in the end
I'm afraid that is a forlorn hope. Or were you being facetious? You have such a quirky posting style, I can't tell.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2019, 11:33:23 PM »
I'm afraid that is a forlorn hope. Or were you being facetious? You have such a quirky posting style, I can't tell.
That is my belief, that we will find her.  It is a faith based belief.  I find it odd that Kate maintains the same faith based belief too. 
It isn't going to be easy but that is what I'm preparing for.  How to recognise this former Madeleine McCann who is now living as someone else.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 11:35:45 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2019, 07:17:26 AM »
sayeth he who only comes here for the craic...

They turned it into a business- they were marketing their daughter ! They would never have had that kind of support had it been known a door was left unlocked so that their babysitter (3 year old MBM) could go fetch them if the twins woke up again? Who then wandered out and met with a horrible situation death or abduction/both even.

Hence the  she is alive and abductor grabbed her from her bed. More dramatic.

Oh and don't forget how they constantly told us she came to no harm. yeah Hmm
So when do you believe the secret of the unlocked apartment was first revealed to a dismayed, hitherto supportive public?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2019, 01:54:57 PM »
That was his first impression later revised was it not?

You only get one chance at a first impression.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2019, 05:47:07 PM »
Thanks for stating the obvious, but was it really necessary?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2019, 05:55:28 PM »
Sounds like a shampoo advert.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline barrier

« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2019, 06:08:02 PM »
Thanks for stating the obvious, but was it really necessary?

My pleasure,sometimes it need reinforcing.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2019, 06:14:14 PM »
My pleasure,sometimes it need reinforcing.
Why?

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2019, 11:32:14 PM »
That is my belief, that we will find her.  It is a faith based belief.  I find it odd that Kate maintains the same faith based belief too. 
It isn't going to be easy but that is what I'm preparing for.  How to recognise this former Madeleine McCann who is now living as someone else.

KM was talking about Madeleine in the past tense from a very early point.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2019, 11:49:17 PM »
Do you have any examples?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2019, 01:52:45 AM »
OK I'll keep my ear open for references with future tense.    Well I'm looking forward to the time she is reunited with her parents.
  I think of her in the future tense.   I know it must seem improbable but that is what I do.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 04:25:55 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Lace

« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2019, 09:20:57 AM »
I don't know how the McCann's could have done anything any differently.    They were given a lot of money to find Madeleine,  people wanted to help,   unlike the Ben Needham case Madeleine's case went worldwide with the internet etc.    They could hardly have put the money into their own account, and being focused on one child the fund couldn't be a charity for other children.   It wasn't just the McCann's who decided on the Madeleine fund they had a lot of help with it.

As for meeting the Pope etc.   the Pope was interested in the case,  I believe it was Clarence Mitchell who organised the visit to see the Pope,  were they supposed to turn it down?       They were offered a private jet to get there which made it a lot quicker and less time away from the twins.   Everything was organised for them, it wasn't the McCann's who asked for anything.   Keeping Madeleine in the news was their goal,  which is the goal for all parents of missing children.   Ben Needham's Mum said in her book she would have done exactly what the McCann's did,  if she had been in the position they were.   Sadly for Bens mum,  there wasn't the internet when Ben disappeared.

They were warned that it would come a time when it would be all about them and not Madeleine,  and sure enough that is what happened,  I don't think they would have done anything differently though it kept people aware of Madeleine so that if they went on holiday they could look out for her,  or people could be living near to where Madeleine was and report it etc.   IMO

Offline Erngath

« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2019, 09:25:32 AM »
I don't know how the McCann's could have done anything any differently.    They were given a lot of money to find Madeleine,  people wanted to help,   unlike the Ben Needham case Madeleine's case went worldwide with the internet etc.    They could hardly have put the money into their own account, and being focused on one child the fund couldn't be a charity for other children.   It wasn't just the McCann's who decided on the Madeleine fund they had a lot of help with it.

As for meeting the Pope etc.   the Pope was interested in the case,  I believe it was Clarence Mitchell who organised the visit to see the Pope,  were they supposed to turn it down?       They were offered a private jet to get there which made it a lot quicker and less time away from the twins.   Everything was organised for them, it wasn't the McCann's who asked for anything.   Keeping Madeleine in the news was their goal,  which is the goal for all parents of missing children.   Ben Needham's Mum said in her book she would have done exactly what the McCann's did,  if she had been in the position they were.   Sadly for Bens mum,  there wasn't the internet when Ben disappeared.

They were warned that it would come a time when it would be all about them and not Madeleine,  and sure enough that is what happened,  I don't think they would have done anything differently though it kept people aware of Madeleine so that if they went on holiday they could look out for her,  or people could be living near to where Madeleine was and report it etc.   IMO

Agreed.
Well said.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 10:45:12 AM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline barrier

« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2019, 09:50:45 AM »
Did the FMC before OG's inception pass any info it had to the PJ?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2019, 10:58:53 AM »

But one thing is for sure if the case involves an abductor (I think it does) he/she/they could not have envisaged the 'Find Madeleine Campaign' and worldwide media coverage meaning they may have had every intention of releasing MM at some stage but felt unable to do so following all the publicity.

Also if someone abducted MM to raise as their own the abductor(s) may have thought a 'normal' life was possible but again given the publicity he/she/they might have felt the only option was to keep MM hidden. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?