Author Topic: The Pistorius Case and SA's Legal System  (Read 8816 times)

Offline Myster

Re: The Pistorius Case and SA's Legal System
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 08:33:06 PM »
Reeva was awake shortly before Pistorius got up to bring the large tripod fan in, one leg of which was blocking the sliding door to the balcony.
She asked him with words to the effect - "What's up Baba, can you not sleep ?"
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 08:40:49 PM »
Reeva was awake shortly before Pistorius got up to bring the large tripod fan in, one leg of which was blocking the sliding door to the balcony.
She asked him with words to the effect - "What's up Baba, can you not sleep ?"

So he claims, and he didn't respond if I recall correctly.

I should remember really, I've watched the last 6 days of the trial now.

I need to go back and watch it all from the start, without getting stoned  ?>)()<

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Myster

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 08:53:01 PM »
So he claims, and he didn't respond if I recall correctly.

I should remember really, I've watched the last 6 days of the trial now.

I need to go back and watch it all from the start, without getting stoned  ?>)()<

It's rivetting to watch Nel in full flow, closing his eyes to concentrate on what sort of question he can think of to catch OP off guard, and getting frustrated with his endless vague replies of "I can't remember". He was reprimanded once by the judge for calling OP a liar.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 09:20:48 PM »
It's rivetting to watch Nel in full flow, closing his eyes to concentrate on what sort of question he can think of to catch OP off guard, and getting frustrated with his endless vague replies of "I can't remember". He was reprimanded once by the judge for calling OP a liar.

Yes, I've been captivated by Nel, he has ripped every minutiae of Oscars fabricated details apart and proven beyond doubt, to me & anyone with an ounce of sense imo, that Oscar is "Tailoring his evidence".

Nothing has escaped his attention & whenever Oscar gets pulled on something, which is happening quite a lot, he puts the waterworks on.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:17:49 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline puglove

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 10:18:56 PM »
Yes, I've been captivated by Nel, he has ripped every minutiae of Oscars fabricated details apart and proven beyond doubt, to me & anyone with an ounce of sense imo, that Oscar is "Tayloring his evidence".

Nothing has escaped his attention & whenever Oscar gets pulled on something, which is happening quite a lot, he puts the waterworks on.

He might beat his body and make it his slave, but he's making Walter the Softy look like Rambo. So fake.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 10:42:38 PM »

This was a real telling bit today,

(up to 1:06.30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMsUK8mhGFw&feature=player_embedded#t=3620

Note the look from Nel to the judge.

'We were waiting for you to say you heard the magazine rack, that's why you changed your aim.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 02:04:31 PM »
Interesting fact today I didn't know; the verdict is reached by the majority decision of the judge and the two assessors. In theory the two assessors could overrule the judge's verdict although this very rarely happens.

The only real difference between the judge and assessors is the judge alone decides on questions of law during the trial!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:15:16 AM by Mr Moderator »