Author Topic: The Anti forums are crowing that this Justice Forum has joined their side...  (Read 18723 times)

Offline Eleanor

There was a period in the early morning when Kate and Gerry were searching alone. The Police had departed for some reason, and Kate was upset because there was no one else around.  So hardly a lie.  Something that you Stephen 25000, have taken and quoted out of context.

stephen25000

What direct knowledge do you have about Kate McCann's state of mind when she made that statement. Are you telepathic?

She hasn't redacted that statement.

It is a clear lie.

Many people in PDL searched for Madeleine after her disappearance, for several successive days and on the night itself.

That is well documented.

She and her husband stayed in the apartment til the following morning.

Offline Luz

[/quote]

The Portuguese Prosecutor was clear that there was no evidence to charge anyone with anything.
[/quote]

Do you by any chance understand the meaning of that statement?!
I'll tell you by giving you a very extreme example.

More than 30 years ago the then Prime Minister, Sá Carneiro and the Defense Minister, Amaro da Costa died in an aircraft crash just close to the Lisbon airport. This was first reported as an accident, but soon it became obvious that it was a crime because Amaro da Costa " had documents concerning the «October surprise conspiracy theory» and was planning on taking them to the United Nations's General Assembly. According to this conspiracy theory, Reagan promised to sell American weapons to Iran, to replace the old Portuguese ones; the Portuguese military were acting as middlemen (two of the Portuguese Presidential candidates, in 1980, were Generals, and one of them was promptly accused as responsible for the assassination by many Sá Carneiro supporters); a boat with the weapons was almost seized at Lisbon's harbor. This theory is reinforced with the fact that Amaro da Costa was the one renting the plane, and Sá Carneiro a last minute passenger (possibly as a decoy)" (Wikipedia)

For the past 20 years there has been lots of forensic evidence and the man that planted the bomb, finally, and now he can no longer be convicted, has confessed to his crime. However, despite the huge amount of evidence no judge would press charges because "there was no evidence".

What it meant is that putting the forensics and the witnesses' testimonies in a Court of law would compromise too many important people that no judge would dare to.

Offline ActualMat

Lack of evidence, doesn't mean lack of guilt.

Offline Luz

I sincerely hope that the UK JUSTICE FORUM does not take sides but that of JUSTICE.

I'll try to be as factual as I can (even if it's not easy for me to always reinforce my statements with docs in English) and not make  moral, cultural or social judgments. If I fail, I'm opened to correction.

As for that classification of anti and pro I find it utterly disgusting - after all I believed we were all seeking justice towards a little child.

debunker

What direct knowledge do you have about Kate McCann's state of mind when she made that statement. Are you telepathic?

She hasn't redacted that statement.

It is a clear lie.

Many people in PDL searched for Madeleine after her disappearance, for several successive days and on the night itself.

That is well documented.

She and her husband stayed in the apartment til the following morning.

You obviously have problems using the word "lie" correctly. Your problem., not mine.

Offline John

I sincerely hope that the UK JUSTICE FORUM does not take sides but that of JUSTICE.

I'll try to be as factual as I can (even if it's not easy for me to always reinforce my statements with docs in English) and not make  moral, cultural or social judgments. If I fail, I'm opened to correction.

As for that classification of anti and pro I find it utterly disgusting - after all I believed we were all seeking justice towards a little child.

As admin stated earlier we are interested in the facts and not the speculations Luz.  If everyone keeps to the evidence and the facts then maybe we can find some common ground eventually.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

icabodcrane

McLIES: Why did Gerry McCann LIE about which door he used?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9UPOXdTMIs

See my note about correct use of English. Only 3/10 for effort and 0/10 for truth and accuracy.

Well,  you know,  the McCanns have  lied  ...  without question or doubt

Here is a direct quote from Kate McCann's book,  'Madeleine'  in relation to a trip they had planned to make to Huelva in Spain  (  with accompanying journalists )  which they subsequently cancelled when police came to search their villa

"We'd never lied anout anything - not to the police, not to the media, not to anyone else.  But now we found ourselves in one of those tricky situations where we just didn't seem to have a choice"

So there you have it,  directly from Kate McCann  ...  they lied 

It might be argued that,  in the scheme of things,  this was a fairly  insignificant lie   ...  but lie,  it was  ...  and we really have no idea whether or not there have been other  'tricky situations'  when the McCanns felt   they  'didn't have a choice'   (  other than to lie  ) 

Offline sika

See my note about correct use of English. Only 3/10 for effort and 0/10 for truth and accuracy.

Here is a direct quote from Kate McCann's book,  'Madeleine'  in relation to a trip they had planned to make to Huelva in Spain  (  with accompanying journalists )  which they subsequently cancelled when police came to search their villa

"We'd never lied anout anything - not to the police, not to the media, not to anyone else.  But now we found ourselves in one of those zr not there have been other  'tricky situations'  when the McCanns felt   they  'didn't have a choice'   (  other than to lie  )
To what lie, is Kate referring?

Offline John

"We'd never lied anout anything - not to the police, not to the media, not to anyone else.  But now we found ourselves in one of those tricky situations where we just didn't seem to have a choice"

It might be argued that,  in the scheme of things,  this was a fairly  insignificant lie   ...  but lie,  it was  ...  and we really have no idea whether or not there have been other  'tricky situations'  when the McCanns felt   they  'didn't have a choice'   (  other than to lie  )

Is there any of us who haven't lied at one time or other?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

icabodcrane

Is there any of us who haven't lied at one time or other?

In this case though John,  the McCanns chose to lie to the press  (  who they had castigated for giving untrue information in the past )  and to the public  (  who they were appealing to for help and money  ) 

My real point was,  though,  that the suggestion the McCanns have never been anything but honest in their dec;arations is simply not true

We have no way of knowing if there have been any other ocassions   (  or tricky situations  )  when they were equally less than honest

icabodcrane

"We'd never lied anout anything - not to the police, not to the media, not to anyone else.  But now we found ourselves in one of those zr not there have been other  'tricky situations'  when the McCanns felt   they  'didn't have a choice'   (  other than to lie  )

Hello sika

The lie Kate referred to was in telling the press  (  and through them,  the public )  that they were cancelling the trip to Huelva because Gerry was unwell

The real reason was that the Portuguese police were searching their apartment that day,  and removing certain items.  The McCanns were asked to leave the apartment whilst the search took place.

Gerry McCann later compounded the lie on his blog,  claiming that the Huelva trip was postponed because he had a virus and had spent the day in the apartment catching up on paperwork

debunker

Hello sika

The lie Kate referred to was in telling the press  (  and through them,  the public )  that they were cancelling the trip to Huelva because Gerry was unwell

The real reason was that the Portuguese police were searching their apartment that day,  and removing certain items.  The McCanns were asked to leave the apartment whilst the search took place.

Gerry McCann later compounded the lie on his blog,  claiming that the Huelva trip was postponed because he had a virus and had spent the day in the apartment catching up on paperwork

CITE?

icabodcrane

Hello sika

CITE?

Kate McCann's book  'Madeleine'  (  which I'm reading at the moment )

On pages 205/206  she refers to August 2nd 2007

"That morning Gerry and I, along with Jon and a colleague, were preparing to drive to Huelva in Spain to put up posters of Madeleine. Jon was intending to do some filming and several of the British journalists were going to join us there,  on the give-and-take principle: it would give them a story centred on Madeleine, rather than on us, and this in turn would publicize our efforts.  As I was dropping Sean and Amelie off at Toddler Club, I had a phone call from Gerry. The police wanted to come over at 10am. Something to do with forensics, they'd said. Great timing. And forensics ? What was that about ?

We'd never lied about anything - not to the police, not to the media, not to anyone else. But now we found ourselves in one of those tricky situations where we just didn't seem to have a choice. As it happened, Gerry had a mild stomach upset which we used as an excuse to postpone the trip. We didn't feel good about this at all, but even if the judicial secrecy law had not prevented us from giving the main reason, can you imagine what would have happened if we'd announced to the journalists heading to Huelva that the police were coming to do some forensic work in our villa ? We were not to know our excuse would prove to be no more than a temporary holding measure. If we had, we wouldn't have bothered trying to keep the scurrilous headlines at bay"

She goes on to say that when the police arrived  ( at 5pm ) they were asked to leave the villa.  On returning, Kate says she was  'devasted'  to find all of their clothes had been removed together with several other items.

Of that day  ( 2nd August 2007 )  Gerry McCann says this in his blog

"Today was a bit of a write off for me as I was laid low with a probable viral illness which meant I could not stray too far from the house!  I did manage to get through some e-mails, telephone calls, and some paperwork. Feeling a bit better tonight so hopefully be back to normal tomorrow. Kate did manage to put up some of the new Madeleine posters in shops around Praia da Luz .. it is noticably busier now we are in August, with lots of tourists many of whom are from Portugal.

Offline HiDeHo

I cannot offer the link at this moment but on that morning Gerry can be seen in the Panorama documentary loading his van for the leaflets to take to Lisbon and this was also (I believe) the day when Jon Corner interviewed Kate.

Phone pings also indicate that.

Kate McCann interviewed by Jon Corner. August 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N47AUYhD4Dg

There are documents in the files that claim either they, or someone to represent them could stay...from memory so I would need to find it.
R