Author Topic: If Madeleine walked out of the apartment which door did she exit?  (Read 67774 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: If Madeleine walked out of the apartment which door did she exit?
« Reply #810 on: September 28, 2018, 08:16:16 PM »
I can definitely see the level difference in this photo
Does the footpath on the pool side of the blocks go all the way to the end of block 4 or does it stop at the end of block 5?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #811 on: September 29, 2018, 11:55:59 AM »
It goes all the way to the dead end i.e. end of block 4 (pool side). The steps are to get to block 4 car park on the other front side.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #812 on: September 29, 2018, 08:13:55 PM »
It goes all the way to the dead end i.e. end of block 4 (pool side). The steps are to get to block 4 car park on the other front side.
It looks like the width of the path changes at the end of block 5.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #813 on: September 29, 2018, 10:56:21 PM »
Yes it gets narrower when you pass the middle path.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #814 on: September 30, 2018, 04:06:12 AM »
PF - Have you been to PdL?
Moderation

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #815 on: September 30, 2018, 11:57:22 AM »
No.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #816 on: September 30, 2018, 05:57:46 PM »
PF - are these stairs or steps between the two car parks the stairs that Neil Berry talks about in his statement?

The stairs NB talks about is one concept that I have not understood as yet.  Do you understand what he was talking about?

Neil Berry states:
"I am not certain where I was at 18.00. It is possible that I was already in my apartment or returning from the bar. In order to arrive at my apartment I would walk along the side of the pool, crossing the stairs of block 4."

I'm starting to think Neil had forgotten he was in block 6 rather than block 4.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 06:13:12 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #817 on: September 30, 2018, 06:21:34 PM »
PF - are these stairs or steps between the two car parks the stairs that Neil Berry talks about in his statement?

The stairs NB talks about is one concept that I have not understood as yet.  Do you understand what he was talking about?

Neil Berry states:
"I am not certain where I was at 18.00. It is possible that I was already in my apartment or returning from the bar. In order to arrive at my apartment I would walk along the side of the pool, crossing the stairs of block 4."

I'm starting to think Neil had forgotten he was in block 6 rather than block 4.
If Neil had said ""I am not certain where I was at 18.00. It is possible that I was already in my apartment or returning from the bar. In order to arrive at my apartment I would walk along the side of the pool, crossing the stairs of block 6." I'd have no problem with that or better still "I am not certain where I was at 18.00. It is possible that I was already in my apartment or returning from the bar. In order to arrive at my apartment I would walk along the side of the pool, and taking the stairs of block 6."
Moderation

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #818 on: October 01, 2018, 10:18:10 PM »
They should have asked for a reconstruction  @)(++(*

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #819 on: October 02, 2018, 12:00:02 AM »
They should have asked for a reconstruction  @)(++(*

But Neil Berry was never going to be part of the planned reconstruction.  Don't you think he just made an error about which apartment block was which.  They could have easily been numbered from the East to the West 4, 5 and 6 rather than Blocks 6, 5 and  4.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 12:44:23 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #820 on: October 02, 2018, 11:39:44 AM »
This is interesting noticing John Hill or other is praising the locks on the doors:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1550571/Three-year-old-feared-abducted-in-Portugal.html
"Three year-old feared abducted in Portugal
Madeline McCann is feared abducted in Portugal
Madeline McCann was due to start school in September
By staff and agencies12:01AM BST 04 May 2007
The parents of a British toddler who has gone missing while on holiday in Portugal say they fear she has been abducted.

Three-year-old Madeline McCann disappeared last night from her parent’s rented apartment in the Western Algarve, while they dined nearby.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Sniffer dogs have been brought in by Portuguese detectives to comb the Mark Warner resort where the girl was staying and the nearby seaside village of Praia da Luz.

A family friend said the child’s parents, Gerald and Kate McCann, were certain she had been kidnapped.

Jill Renwick, told GMTV: “They were just watching the hotel room and going back every half-hour and the shutters had been broken open and they had gone into the room and taken Madeleine. They went out about eight, went back in at nine, they were fine, went back in at 10 and she was gone.”

She described the missing girl as a “very pretty, very blonde three-year-old” and said the couple, from Leicester, also had twins.

Ms Renwick said of the holiday: “This is the first time they have done this. They are very, very anxious parents and very careful and they chose Mark Warner because it is a family-friendly resort.”

The manager of the resort, John Hill said around 60 staff and guests at the complex had searched until 4.30am while local police notified border police, Spanish police and airports.

“It was a very emotional and very frantic night and everyone did a fantastic job of getting involved and trying to search the area,” he said. “As you can imagine, Madeleine’s parents are distraught and not doing very well at all.”

He said there was no physical evidence that the girl had been abducted from the apartment while they ate at the tapas restaurant 200 yards away.

“It’s still questionable as to whether it’s an abduction,” he said. “We are hoping that Madeleine is found as soon as possible and safe and well. Everybody here is just wishing that she is found as soon as possible.”

A Mark Warner spokesman said counsellors are being flown out to the resort, which the firm has run for two years, to support the McCanns.

Members of their family would also be flown out if required.

He said: “Our priority is to find the girl and to make sure that the parents are OK and there are masses of people working on that.

“Our staff are looking after them at the moment in whatever way they can but we can only imagine how awful it is for them.

“We are all hoping that she is asleep under a bush somewhere and we will find her soon.”

He said the apartment the family were staying in was surrounded by other apartments, all of which have “quite sophisticated” locks on the doors.

Guests are being asked if they saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area, he said, adding that Mark Warner has never had cases of missing or abducted children before.

“We are hoping it’s not that, though,” he said. “It’s the last thing we want but we have to investigate all avenues.”

He said Mark Warner offers families a baby-sitting service where they can drop off their children for the night.

“Those facilities were available but for whatever reason they were not being used,” he said.

Madeleine lives with her parents, Gerald, a doctor, and Kate McCann, and younger sibling twins in Rothley, Leicestershire.

Neighbour Penny Noble said: “We are absolutely devastated. They are a really nice family and good neighbours.

“They are delightful. We see them take their bikes up and down and going for walks.

“Madeleine is a very happy-go-lucky little girl”.

It is understood Madeleine is due to start at school in September.
Moderation