Author Topic: The beating and conviction of Leonor Cipriano  (Read 113378 times)

Offline sadie

Re: The beating and conviction of Leonor Cipriano
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2013, 04:18:14 PM »
Not only did the PJ claim that Joanas body was fed, piece by piece, to their pigs, but also alternatively that Joao got rid of the body by carrying the pieces of the body around in a carrier bag to dispose of them

Seems he was seen with a carrier, so it must have been, mustn't it ?

Yeah ... Right !

Good stuff to blacken Leonors and Joaos names with ... Eh?

And brilliant stuff to sell a best seller

Offline sadie

« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2013, 04:25:08 PM »
Needs to be up in lights!

Quote from: Eleanor on Today at 03:52:42 PM
I know.  No saw or knife for chopping up the body.  No DNA.  None of Joana's blood identified.  No bones in the pig pen.  And no motive.  The Court threw out the "Incest" malarky.  And even the neighbours don't believe that they killed Joana.
So what did they get convicted on?

8@??)(

Offline sadie

« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2013, 04:36:36 PM »
ferryman
Well, well ....

Inspectors withdraw complaint against Joana’s mother
Updated: 09-Dec-2005

• Leonor Cipriano

INSPECTORS INVOLVED in the investigation of the Joana case have chosen to withdraw their defamation of character complaint against Leonor Cipriano, who accused them of physical assault during interrogation. The news was announced at the weekend by the policemen’s lawyer, António Colaço.

Last week, the policemen were the subject of an identification parade but were not recognised by the alleged victim, Leonor Cipriano. The honesty displayed by Leonor at the identity parade was one of the reasons given by the Associação Sindical dos Funcionários da Investigação Criminal (ASFIC), the union for crime investigation officers, for the withdrawal of the complaint. Leonor confirmed two of the policemen in the parade had interviewed her but had not assaulted her, and stated that she did not recognise the other two.

However, the president of ASFIC, Carlos Anjos, criticised the Departamento de Investigação e Acção Penal (DIAP), the authority in charge of the enquiry, for the way the case has been handled, as the inspectors were always treated as defendants and not as plaintiffs.

António Colaço also informed the DIAP that the complaints against weekly newspaper Expresso and two journalists were also retracted.

Says it all, yet a mysterious charge was brought against Leonor, which found her guilty.  A case that was held behind closed doors ... at Faro Court which has judged for the PJ in other "seedy, corrupt cases"  ... or so they seem.  Michael Cook was convicted there against all the evidence, for instance

To me it seems that Leonors latest conviction is all part of Amarals ACE.  Try and clear his name before he goes to Court v The Mccanns.

stephen25000

« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2013, 04:37:27 PM »
It is simply quite staggering that some people will support a convicted murderer and proven liar.

WHY ?

That's easily answered.

To attack Amaral and the Portuguese judicial system.

Offline sadie

« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2013, 04:44:42 PM »
Stephen.  Just what i would expect from you

Ignore the torture.
Ignore the lack of evidence
Ignore the propaganda put out against Leonor and Joao
Ignore the fact that the only "witness" had his witness statement beaten out of him ... according to allegations
... and rescinded it the moment he had the chance

You would do very well in certain branches of the PT Judiciary, Stephen
Thank God that there are some Judges who are thinking and honest, like the Judge who protested about the judgement against Leonor and Joao, ..... and refused to put his name to the Guilty verdict

Offline xtina

« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2013, 04:49:13 PM »
tHE MOTHER FROM HELL

True justice for this woman should have been to serve her original 32 years, I doubt shes ever had a single moment of remorse about the murder of her own child but I bet she's had more than a moment of remorse when she realised that she'd been used by Aragão Correia & friends! and landed herself 7 extra months imprisonment.

The way I see it, Cipriano was used by a far more clever and crafty liar than she is.

You can bet your life Correia won't have lost any sleep over her recent conviction in far off Brasil.

This news  made all the major papers in Portugal but it wont see the light of day in the UK, any mention of the tangled web of underhand methods with connections that lead right to the McCann's door are deemed NOT to be in the UK publics interest to know.

Whoever believes that load of bull can think again, and don't tell me that the UK's crime correspondents are happy sitting on information that goes no further than the editors desk.
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2013, 04:52:19 PM »
But  the Media did a good job on The Ciprianos, Sadie, by leaking stuff obtained from The PJ, as they tried to do on The McCanns.
But at least one of The Judges refused to find them guilty.  Unfortunately he was in the minority.  Luz told me that in one of her more reasonable moments.

The Cipriano Case itself, has nothing much to do with The McCanns, beyond Amaral and his desperate attempt to get himself out of trouble.
My concern in this Case is entirely for Leonor and Joao Cipriano, and has nothing to do with The McCanns.  It is simply a Miscarriage of Justice, which concerns me greatly.  In fact the whole judicial System in Portugal worries me, as it appears to worry Amnesty International.

ferryman

« Reply #232 on: June 11, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »
The Cipriano Case itself, has nothing much to do with The McCanns,  ...

The key similarities can be summarised in two words:

Amaral and fridge

We are told Amaral was still working on identifying which fridge the McCanns stored Madeleine's body in when he was outrageously pulled from the case ...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Offline sadie

« Reply #233 on: June 11, 2013, 05:03:20 PM »
But  the Media did a good job on The Ciprianos, Sadie, by leaking stuff obtained from The PJ, as they tried to do on The McCanns.
But at least one of The Judges refused to find them guilty.  Unfortunately he was in the minority.  Luz told me that in one of her more reasonable moments.

The Cipriano Case itself, has nothing much to do with The McCanns, beyond Amaral and his desperate attempt to get himself out of trouble.
My concern in this Case is entirely for Leonor and Joao Cipriano, and has nothing to do with The McCanns.  It is simply a Miscarriage of Justice, which concerns me greatly.  In fact the whole judicial System in Portugal worries me, as it appears to worry Amnesty International.

8@??)( I couldn't agree more Eleanor

But this case and the Michael Cook case and the Virgolino Borges case (in which Tavares de Almeira was found guilty of torture), do illustrate what might have happened to Kate, had she answered those entrapment questions ... and had they not had the eyes of the world on them

Online Eleanor

« Reply #234 on: June 11, 2013, 05:09:11 PM »

Amaral and fridge

We are told Amaral was still working on identifying which fridge the McCanns stored Madeleine's body in when he was outrageously pulled from the case ...

There are some very worrying similarities in Amaral's Theses.  But I put that down to lack of imagination and the fact that it worked the first time. 
And there can't be too many ways of disposing of a child's body with other people watching.  So sticking to the tried and tested could seem like a good idea.

What is even more worrying is that two little girls disappeared without trace in the same area.

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #235 on: June 11, 2013, 05:20:45 PM »

Amaral and fridge

& rumors of questionable practices to whip up animosity. In Cipriano case - incest. In McCann case they spread rumors of swinging instead.

Offline sadie

« Reply #236 on: June 11, 2013, 05:24:15 PM »
There are some very worrying similarities in Amaral's Theses.  But I put that down to lack of imagination and the fact that it worked the first time. 
And there can't be too many ways of disposing of a child's body with other people watching.  So sticking to the tried and tested could seem like a good idea.

What is even more worrying is that two little girls disappeared without trace in the same area.
additionally:
Books written about them.  Much money made
Disinformation spread via leaks
Salacious sex exploits "claimed" against the alleged perpetrators with absolutely no indicators ... or proof
In each case, the woman picked on as perp.  usually the easiest target
Similar sets of officers on the case, with Guilhermino Ferreira da Encarnação, National Director of PJ in Faro in overall charge.  Goncalo Amaral second in command

And two little girls vanishing in less than 3 years at a distance of only 7 miles apart + another, Carolina Santos who was temporarily abducted until saved

Too many similarities;
The cases are connected.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #237 on: June 11, 2013, 05:35:47 PM »
additionally:
Books written about them.  Much money made
Disinformation spread via leaks
Salacious sex exploits "claimed" against the alleged perpetrators with absolutely no indicators ... or proof
In each case, the woman picked on as perp.  usually the easiest target
Similar sets of officers on the case, with Guilhermino Ferreira da Encarnação, National Director of PJ in Faro in overall charge.  Goncalo Amaral second in command

And two little girls vanishing in less than 3 years at a distance of only 7 miles apart + another, Carolina Santos who was temporarily abducted until saved

The cases are connected.

But the injustices are separate matters.  Separate families, separate people, two of whom are still in prison after what is, to say the least, a very unsafe conviction.

The McCanns don't much need my help anymore, apart from searching for Madeleine.  But Leonor and Joao do need my help, and the help of others.

Offline Benice

« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2013, 05:37:53 PM »
& rumors of questionable practices to whip up animosity. In Cipriano case - incest. In McCann case they spread rumors of swinging instead.

You beat me to it Mrs. B.  I was just about to type exactly the same sentiments.  Turning the public against the 'suspects' seems to be a deliberate tactic - so that no matter what methods the police employed to get them to court and convicted - there would be no complaints from an enraged public.   

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #239 on: June 11, 2013, 05:46:09 PM »
But the injustices are separate matters.  Separate families, separate people, two of whom are still in prison after what is, to say the least, a very unsafe conviction.

The McCanns don't much need my help anymore, apart from searching for Madeleine.  But Leonor and Joao do need my help, and the help of others.

More than anything they need the help of the European Court of Human Rights, who seem to be taking an awful long time over the matter.