Author Topic: The beating and conviction of Leonor Cipriano  (Read 113367 times)

Offline Carana

Re: The beating and conviction of Leonor Cipriano
« Reply #285 on: June 12, 2013, 12:00:08 PM »
Yes, I'm sure Amaral would have been impressed with that, or at least his wife.

Even if she had, certain "media experts" would have twisted the colour of her [Leonor's] clothing in a negative sense.

I'm not criticising the Portuguese people at all: those I know have many fine qualities.

My criticism concerns the irresponsible media in any country and its influence.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 12:02:43 PM by Carana »

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #286 on: June 12, 2013, 12:14:48 PM »
Trials by media, reprehensible in all circumstances.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #287 on: June 12, 2013, 02:37:45 PM »

I'm not criticising the Portuguese people at all: those I know have many fine qualities.

This thread should be sent to tour operators as indicative of why Portugal is a hellish destination.
Better buy sun elsewhere, even if elsewhere is more expensive, put meanness aside and relax !

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #288 on: June 12, 2013, 03:40:07 PM »
Odd

More 'evidence' vanishing......in Amarals own words:

GA: Look, a few years ago on the Azores, after a homicide that had taken place years earlier, we managed to locate a vehicle that was already in a junk yard in which a taxi driver had been killed, a taxi driver from Praia da Vitória in the Azores. But we were unlucky, normally the van's back had a carpet but it didn't exist anymore. That carpet didn't exist anymore, so if we had found that carpet it would have been possible to prove that the death had taken place there, so anything is possible.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id139.html
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Redblossom

« Reply #289 on: June 12, 2013, 04:36:33 PM »
Odd

More 'evidence' vanishing......in Amarals own words:

GA: Look, a few years ago on the Azores, after a homicide that had taken place years earlier, we managed to locate a vehicle that was already in a junk yard in which a taxi driver had been killed, a taxi driver from Praia da Vitória in the Azores. But we were unlucky, normally the van's back had a carpet but it didn't exist anymore. That carpet didn't exist anymore, so if we had found that carpet it would have been possible to prove that the death had taken place there, so anything is possible.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id139.html

So? What is the point of that? The PJ managed after a few years to track down a vehicle in which someone was murdered, but by the time they did someone had removed the carpet, and?

Offline Benice

« Reply #290 on: June 12, 2013, 05:32:03 PM »
A comment about evidence (or lack of it ) from Amaral's book, chaper 3.

''Three years before, we had dealt with a similar case, a few kilometres from Praia da Luz.    We had not been informed at the time of that disappearance, and we are convinced that if the investigation could have been started immediately WE WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DISCOVER SOME PHYSICAL EVIDENCE.''

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Redblossom

« Reply #291 on: June 12, 2013, 05:33:44 PM »
A comment about evidence (or lack of it ) from Amaral's book, chaper 3.

''Three years before, we had dealt with a similar case, a few kilometres from Praia da Luz.    We had not been informed at the time of that disappearance, and we are convinced that if the investigation could have been started immediately WE WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DISCOVER SOME PHYSICAL EVIDENCE.''

That refers to LC not reporting the disappearance for some time...nothing to do with the previous example of evidence going missing years ago

Offline Benice

« Reply #292 on: June 12, 2013, 05:38:55 PM »
That refers to LC not reporting the disappearance for some time...nothing to do with the previous example of evidence going missing years ago

IIR correctly Redblossom, Leonor's daughter went out at around 8.00p.m. and was reported missing at 0.45a.m. -less that 5 hours later.    I haven't got time to check that - so am quite happy to be corrected if it's wrong.

It wasn't meant to be anything to do with the previous example.

(back later)
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

icabodcrane

« Reply #293 on: June 12, 2013, 05:51:23 PM »

IIR correctly Redblossom, Leonor's daughter went out at around 8.00p.m. and was reported missing at 0.45a.m. -less that 5 hours later.    I haven't got time to check that - so am quite happy to be corrected if it's wrong.

(back later)

An eight year old not reported missing until quarter to one in the morning !

Redblossom

« Reply #294 on: June 12, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »

(back later)

OK no problem, and yes Icab, staggering isnt it how any parent would delay reporting an eight year  old missing until small hours of the morning, Im sure one of leonors supporters can explain how its normal

Sadie or eleanor must have an innocent answer, look forward to reading it, be on the lines of mitchells excuses and statement that anything found or not found WILL have an innocent explanation, yeah right
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:44:56 PM by Redblossom »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #295 on: June 12, 2013, 07:30:51 PM »
Do Mrs Cipriano's supporters think that since she only confessed under torture there's a big chance that Madeleine's abductor is also Joana's abductor ?
Inspector Amaral would then have just done a copycat investigation ?
Thanks to the media and the diplomats etc., Mr and Mrs McCann escaped physical torture ?
But mental torture ?

stephen25000

« Reply #296 on: June 12, 2013, 07:38:46 PM »
I've seen some c'rap in my time, but referring to the Mccanns 'escaping' physical torture.........................

Who are you trying to kid ?

The Mccanns have got away with neglect that led to the disappearance of Madeleine.

There are people on here who need a reality check.

Redblossom

« Reply #297 on: June 12, 2013, 07:41:53 PM »
I've seen some c'rap in my time, but referring to the Mccanns 'escaping' physical torture.........................

Who are you trying to kid ?

The Mccanns have got away with neglect that led to the disappearance of Madeleine.

There are people on here who need a reality check.

That was a pretty funny, err, extremely sad suggestion, that many made that the mccanns would or could have been tortured, i think it came from the most extreme deluded sections of  the pro parties

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #298 on: June 12, 2013, 07:45:54 PM »
Do Mrs Cipriano's supporters think that since she only confessed under torture there's a big chance that Madeleine's abductor is also Joana's abductor ?
Inspector Amaral would then have just done a copycat investigation ?
Thanks to the media and the diplomats etc., Mr and Mrs McCann escaped physical torture ?
But mental torture ?

So are you saying, if the media and diplomats etc. hadn't been there, they would have been, physically tortured?.
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Benice

« Reply #299 on: June 12, 2013, 09:07:16 PM »
An eight year old not reported missing until quarter to one in the morning !

Leonor reported her daughters disappearance to the GNR - as you can see from the following Amaral  claims they were not told.   I was wondering when the GNR reported it to the PJ?  As after only 4 hours, surely it would have been simple to find physical evidence -  if the gruesome events claimed had actually taken place?   All very odd IMO.

QUOTE from Amaral's book.
 Three years before, we had dealt with a similar case, a few kilometres from Praia da Luz.  We had not been informed at the time of that disappearance, and we are convinced that if the investigation could have been started immediately we would have been able to discover some physical evidence. The police response is fundamental. The first 72 hours are essential.
UNQUOTE