Author Topic: Hunt for Madeleine McCann could be over THIS WEEK: £12m probe may CLOSE  (Read 4339 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Hunt for Madeleine McCann could be over THIS WEEK: £12m probe may CLOSE
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 11:13:12 PM »
I believe they deserved the extra funding because of the manner in which the initial investigation was conducted. UK officers were present in Portugal & their perception of the apparent failings would have been very important to the hierarchy.

According to Rowley's Last muse, OG  had accepted the Portuguese report... yup he did say that...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 02:49:50 AM »
According to Rowley's Last muse, OG  had accepted the Portuguese report... yup he did say that...
Cite please.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 04:24:37 PM »
Jerry Lawton has just tweeted that the funding is set to continue.

Jerry Lawton‏ @JerryLawton  3m3 minutes ago
More
The police probe into the disappearance of Madeleine #McCann  is to continue after the Home Office grants Scotland Yards extra funds

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2017, 12:07:29 PM »

"There is an ongoing theory about what happened to Madeleine McCann," he said. [Brunt]

at the heart of this has been an abduction. [Rowley]

Portuguese colleagues search for the illusive clues that would confirm the latest theory. [Brunt]

the legal requirements the Portuguese have is quite labour intensive in terms of dotting I’s and crossing T’s and working through that detail/ [Rowley]

It sounds to me like OG have a theory which won't quite stand up in Portugal. They are hoping that the PJ will be able to find evidence which confirms their theory. I do hope that the word illusive is a spelling mistake and was supposed to be elusive.

http://news.sky.com/story/madeleine-mccann-police-investigation-gets-more-funding-from-home-office-11057946

It has to be remembered that once a case is opened in Portugal there is an eight month period for the investigation at the end of which someone is charged or the case is filed [archived]. I can't imagine the Portuguese wanting to go through that fol de rol again on the basis of a bum steer from The Met. Too right they will be on their guard. I would be too. I would not want some know it all Johnny Foreigner with no authority in my country dropping me in it ankle deep head first.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey