Author Topic: Charlotte Pennington - what is the truth?  (Read 22879 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Charlotte Pennington - what is the truth?
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2018, 10:13:42 AM »
Just thinking that the topic is a good one -  WHAT IS THE TRUTH?.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2018, 10:49:38 AM »
Just thinking that the topic is a good one -  WHAT IS THE TRUTH?.

A question that often arises in this case. I think there's been some exaggeration here in order to appear more interesting.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2018, 06:46:42 PM »
A question that often arises in this case. I think there's been some exaggeration here in order to appear more interesting.
Why I said that was because just for a moment I had the idea that the 3 nannies could have dashed off to the McCann's apartment, had a quick look in there and then Charlotte rushed back to the creche to finish off  her tasks there, before joining in the search for Madeleine.

Just the idea that the nannies would leave the creche unattended for a moment prompted the thought "what is the truth?".
Could they have asked the mother picking up her child to "hold the fort for a minute" while the three of them went to investigate what was happening to Maddie, Abby or Gabby.
Charlotte being the one who later comes back and finishes of the shift  on her own while the other two start organising the missing child procedure.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 07:00:37 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2018, 09:13:13 PM »
Why I said that was because just for a moment I had the idea that the 3 nannies could have dashed off to the McCann's apartment, had a quick look in there and then Charlotte rushed back to the creche to finish off  her tasks there, before joining in the search for Madeleine.

Just the idea that the nannies would leave the creche unattended for a moment prompted the thought "what is the truth?".
Could they have asked the mother picking up her child to "hold the fort for a minute" while the three of them went to investigate what was happening to Maddie, Abby or Gabby.
Charlotte being the one who later comes back and finishes of the shift  on her own while the other two start organising the missing child procedure.

Not according to Jackie. Leaving a client to run a service offered by a Tour Operator would be totally unprofessional and would be likely to lead to dismissal in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2018, 09:27:59 PM »

Why go mob handed when one person could have done the task?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2018, 09:36:30 PM »
Not according to Jackie. Leaving a client to run a service offered by a Tour Operator would be totally unprofessional and would be likely to lead to dismissal in my opinion.
OK no one admits to it, but it occurred to me as a solution to how all three can go to 5A and still allow Charlotte to dispense the last children before starting her searching.

Just because it might be frowned upon doesn't mean it would not occur in a situation of a missing child.  They needed to think of a way of getting quickly down to 5A.  That is more important st the time.  Did Charlotte have a car at hand?
I think in times of emergency to ask a parent to assist for a few minutes would not really be that bad.

It is only a possibility. 

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 11:21:49 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2018, 11:27:14 PM »
I don't know if you have ever looked for someone.  I have and I quickly got to realise just how large the landscape becomes.   The area to search goes up by the square of the distance.
You need numbers if you are going to look for someone, and the quicker you get there the better.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2018, 11:43:02 PM »
G-unit  That quote you found that says
""There were no children in the room. The twins had been taken out already, I think by one of the McCanns' friends."

Is not impossible to explain either, for we well know the twins were asleep in their cots and were not removed until after the PJ arrived.

To think there were no twins there implies to me Charlotte did not go into the kids bedroom as Amy seems to have done so. 
So the answer is that she was mistaken in her impression the twins had been removed at that stage too.

Source of quote "https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-483715/Kate-McCann-DID-scream-Theyve-taken-claims-new-nanny-witness.html
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 05:28:30 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline sadie

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2018, 01:41:18 AM »
Did you get that distance from Google Earth Sadie?  I thought it was much further than 240 meters.

Yep, measured using the path facility on G Earth.  I cut corners as someone in a hurry would do and took what appeared to be the shortest route via the alleys.

Offline sadie

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2018, 02:02:57 AM »
You may see it that way. I don't.  Did Kate "jog" to the apartment, we don't know but she could have walked.  She would then have to stop and open the bottom gate then the top gate. Then stop and open the sliding doors and close them. Then wait at the door of the bedroom till she saw the curtains whoosh. Quick run around the apartment to search then back to the tapas. How many minutes are you allowing for all that to happen Sadie?

Then the tapas diners were made aware of Madeleine's disappearance they all rushed back to the apartment, searched again then started looking and presumably shouting "Maddie".   The mother from the creche heard the shouting as she walked to the creche - how long did that take?  She then told Charlotte etc what she had heard.  Did Charlotte run straight to the apartment or discuss it first?  We don't know and therefore your timeline can not be clarified IMO.

Sunny, you have a point but I have taken the likely shortest period.  If she was enjoying the company and wanted to get back quickly, she would have fast jogged.  No problem for someone as fit as Kate.  I personally think that the period I specified is ample for all including the little extras you have mentioned.  Kate was a busy working mother would have learned to be very quick in everything she did, imo

I have also made a point of surmising that few people actually clock watch when on holiday and some peoples watches are not accurately set.  Is Luz on the same band as British Grenwich Mean Time in early May?

I haven't checked the answer to that, but if they had all changed their watches to Portuguese time?   Would they bother to even 3-4 minutes accuracy, when on that type of holiday?  Personally I am very laid back about times on holiday: So long as I have an indication of the time when needed, I am happy.    Hubby, however, is precise when he resets his watch

And, I just think this precise 5 minute thingy is unrealistic TBH with everyones recollections being different and variations probably in the times on the watches, I think the 5 minutes could vanish to zero minutes or stretch to 10 minutes

Offline sadie

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2018, 02:08:43 AM »

Dunno if I am right on this but I thought that the night crech closed at 10pm ?   If so, there would be no children there to be looked after, just tidying up to be done.

Anyone know what time the night (dinner) crech closed in early 2007?

Offline sadie

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2018, 02:11:51 AM »

Not a question of mob handed Alice, imo.  Just a wish to be in the thick of all the action, and help, I think

Offline sadie

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2018, 02:24:28 AM »
OK no one admits to it, but it occurred to me as a solution to how all three can go to 5A and still allow Charlotte to dispense the last children before starting her searching.

Just because it might be frowned upon doesn't mean it would not occur in a situation of a missing child.  They needed to think of a way of getting quickly down to 5A.  That is more important st the time.  Did Charlotte have a car at hand?
I think in times of emergency to ask a parent to assist for a few minutes would not really be that bad.

It is only a possibility.

Check this with SIL Rob, but I think it would take longer by car than running there.

There is a large one way system that I seem to remember one had to use when driving.  First travelling east for quite a distance, then north and then west, south, then west again.  Just over 900 meters to 5A rear steps.  That is nearly a kilometer

Offline Sunny

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2018, 07:10:45 AM »
Sunny, you have a point but I have taken the likely shortest period.  If she was enjoying the company and wanted to get back quickly, she would have fast jogged.  No problem for someone as fit as Kate.  I personally think that the period I specified is ample for all including the little extras you have mentioned.  Kate was a busy working mother would have learned to be very quick in everything she did, imo

I have also made a point of surmising that few people actually clock watch when on holiday and some peoples watches are not accurately set.  Is Luz on the same band as British Grenwich Mean Time in early May?

I haven't checked the answer to that, but if they had all changed their watches to Portuguese time?   Would they bother to even 3-4 minutes accuracy, when on that type of holiday?  Personally I am very laid back about times on holiday: So long as I have an indication of the time when needed, I am happy.    Hubby, however, is precise when he resets his watch

And, I just think this precise 5 minute thingy is unrealistic TBH with everyones recollections being different and variations probably in the times on the watches, I think the 5 minutes could vanish to zero minutes or stretch to 10 minutes

A good get out attempt sadie.  The staff at the creche wouldn't know whether a child was really missing or not from what the mother said IMO, there could simply be a child playing hide and seek with the parents, who wanted them to come back now, so they could go home. 

They wouldn't have gone at the run to 5a. For a start they would have to check which apartment the McCanns were in, that is assuming they were  instantly 100% certain that it was "Maddie" that the woman had heard and were working on that assumption straight away. 

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2018, 07:25:58 AM »
G-unit  That quote you found that says
""There were no children in the room. The twins had been taken out already, I think by one of the McCanns' friends."

Is not impossible to explain either, for we well know the twins were asleep in their cots and were not removed until after the PJ arrived.

To think there were no twins there implies to me Charlotte did not go into the kids bedroom as Amy seems to have done so. 
So the answer is that she was mistaken in her impression the twins had been removed at that stage too.

Source of quote "https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-483715/Kate-McCann-DID-scream-Theyve-taken-claims-new-nanny-witness.html

She was enjoying the attention and embellishing her involvement in the events of May 3rd in my opinion. If you prefer to believe her nonsense you can't pick and choose. Either she arrived at the apartment at or before 10 pm and found no children in there or she didn't.
Result = happy posting.