Author Topic: Charlotte Pennington - what is the truth?  (Read 22880 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Charlotte Pennington - what is the truth?
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2018, 10:30:40 AM »
Surely you are aware of the quotes.  As I said only parts of the actual original quote are still available on the internet. 

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7864.msg373004#msg373004

"Do you accept that she made the statements recorded in this article?  http://www.infobae.com/2007/08/15/331952-crecen-las-sospechas-contra-los-padres-madeleine/

In particular:
1. "The technical director of the Ocean Club resort, Silvia Batista, stated that the same night that Madeleine disappeared, she personally offered the childcare service "because the hotel is responsible for the children of the clients, but they Rejected ".

2. "According to the director of the housing, " every month have theft records in place, so a nanny service are advised " but even knowing this, Maddie's parents did not accept it "

3.  "We were not to blame for the disappearance of the child, I could not say whose fault it was, but it was not ours," said the director, noting that "the parents of the girl that night were very careless", and that is why they didn't ask for the babysitting service."

In 3 there are clear hints of a conflict of interest.  She is basically declaring that she and the OC are not guilty, like responsible  for Madeleine's disappearance. Then she goes on to say something like it wouldn't have happened had the parents not refused the babysitting service.
Is Silvia involved in providing the nanny service?  If she personally offered it earlier that day it sounds like she had some involvement in providing the service.

These issues are not raised in her statement yet seem very important to the case.  Why were they not raised with the PJ in her statement?"

The McCanns chose not to use the Free Night Creche.  It's quite simple.  The McCanns knew about it but didn't use it.

Understandable when you consider moving three small. sleeping children.

Hindsight is a great thing.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 12:14:04 AM by John »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2018, 10:44:06 AM »
The McCanns chose not to use the Free Night Creche.  It's quite simple.  The McCanns knew about it but didn't use it.

Understandable when you consider moving three small. sleeping children.

Hindsight is a great thing.

Most parents develop foresight. "Don't run you'll fall" "Don't touch that it's hot" and the very well-known and basic; "I can't come out I don't have a babysitter".
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2018, 10:47:59 AM »
Most parents develop foresight. "Don't run you'll fall" "Don't touch that it's hot" and the very well-known and basic; "I can't come out I don't have a babysitter".

Most parents don't expect their child to be abducted from her bed.  Other dangers can be avoided with a bit of common sense.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2018, 12:53:24 PM »
Surely you are aware of the quotes.  As I said only parts of the actual original quote are still available on the internet. 

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7864.msg373004#msg373004

"Do you accept that she made the statements recorded in this article?  http://www.infobae.com/2007/08/15/331952-crecen-las-sospechas-contra-los-padres-madeleine/

In particular:
1. "The technical director of the Ocean Club resort, Silvia Batista, stated that the same night that Madeleine disappeared, she personally offered the childcare service "because the hotel is responsible for the children of the clients, but they Rejected ".

2. "According to the director of the housing, " every month have theft records in place, so a nanny service are advised " but even knowing this, Maddie's parents did not accept it "

3.  "We were not to blame for the disappearance of the child, I could not say whose fault it was, but it was not ours," said the director, noting that "the parents of the girl that night were very careless", and that is why they didn't ask for the babysitting service."

In 3 there are clear hints of a conflict of interest.  She is basically declaring that she and the OC are not guilty, like responsible  for Madeleine's disappearance. Then she goes on to say something like it wouldn't have happened had the parents not refused the babysitting service.
Is Silvia involved in providing the nanny service?  If she personally offered it earlier that day it sounds like she had some involvement in providing the service.

These issues are not raised in her statement yet seem very important to the case.  Why were they not raised with the PJ in her statement?"

I have googled that and have not received a hit from any of silvia Batista's PJ statements or of any worthwhile provenance.  I have found it mentioned in blogs inimically hostile to the McCann family.

In my opinion it is a falsehood and just one of many put about at the time of Madeleine's disappearance and since and as such is not worthy of mention on a forum such as this.
Am I wrong in thinking this?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 12:14:32 AM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2018, 01:03:48 PM »

I have googled that and have not received a hit from any of silvia Batista's PJ statements or of any worthwhile provenance.  I have found it mentioned in blogs inimically hostile to the McCann family.

In my opinion it is a falsehood and just one of many put about at the time of Madeleine's disappearance and since and as such is not worthy of mention on a forum such as this.

The newspaper article says that this is what she said. Why would the paper or the manager make it up?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2018, 01:28:12 PM »
Most parents don't expect their child to be abducted from her bed.  Other dangers can be avoided with a bit of common sense.

Most parents don't leave their kids home alone in an unlocked  apartment and it's got nothing to do with the fear or the likelihood of abduction imo.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2018, 02:47:00 PM »
The newspaper article says that this is what she said. Why would the paper or the manager make it up?

we could say the same raeson they make so much else up....or it could be because they are not  too fussy about the sources of information, I seem to remember the sun making direct quotes from sil that he said he didnt make

Online Eleanor

« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2018, 02:47:22 PM »

Is this joke?  Why would the paper or manager make it up?  They did, frequently.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2018, 04:06:53 PM »
I think if there is perhaps one thing where the majority of members have consensus it is the perfidy of the press, of which there are far too many examples to enumerate.

Why would you suppose they had any scruples about printing lies in this or any other instance.  What newspaper article are you referring to anyway? 
On googling the phrase ... I only saw it mentioned in internet blogs of the most questionable type and neither Portuguese or any other MSM.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2018, 04:15:03 PM »
I think if there is perhaps one thing where the majority of members have consensus it is the perfidy of the press, of which there are far too many examples to enumerate.

Why would you suppose they had any scruples about printing lies in this or any other instance.  What newspaper article are you referring to anyway? 
On googling the phrase ... I only saw it mentioned in internet blogs of the most questionable type and neither Portuguese or any other MSM.

If the press is so perfidious ( btw I agree ) why do you cut and paste great swathes of their reportage quite so often ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2018, 04:39:46 PM »
Is this joke?  Why would the paper or manager make it up?  They did, frequently.

Suggesting the manager made it up is libel.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2018, 04:49:57 PM »

Do you have an actual cite for the manager saying anything of the kind, please?

I did ask you ... http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10342.msg499764#msg499764 but you appear to have missed my post.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2018, 04:54:05 PM »
"because the hotel is responsible for the children of the clients"

Would someone care to explain how the OC pick up that liablity for those in accommodation without the OC ?
While you are at it explain the contractual relationships that cause this liability to be picked up?

"She must know what she is talking about" does not cut it I am afraid.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Online Eleanor

« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2018, 05:10:07 PM »

Not Libel.  They did.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2018, 05:42:28 PM »

There would be many occasions where an article appears in a paper, it is then quoted, but the newspaper company folds so all references from the main source are lost.
The articles on the McCann case produced by the "News of the World" would be one good example. 

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.