Author Topic: Charlotte Pennington - what is the truth?  (Read 22880 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Charlotte Pennington - what is the truth?
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2018, 05:48:39 PM »
Is this joke?  Why would the paper or manager make it up?  They did, frequently.
The thing as I see it there were multiple quotes of the source and no denial.  I tend to think it did happen (in that it was said, I wouldn't have a clue as to whether the event happened).  It would be equal to Lord Bell's pronouncement that the McCanns paid him half a million ponds to keep them in the news.  It was a verbal statement, that can be reported and quoted but you won't find an article written by Lord Bell himself saying the same thing IMO AFAIK.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 05:56:50 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2018, 05:54:09 PM »
"because the hotel is responsible for the children of the clients"

Would someone care to explain how the OC pick up that liablity for those in accommodation without the OC ?
While you are at it explain the contractual relationships that cause this liability to be picked up?

"She must know what she is talking about" does not cut it I am afraid.
It would always be possible for anyone to say the wrong thing at times.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2018, 05:59:21 PM »
Do you have an actual cite for the manager saying anything of the kind, please?

I did ask you ... http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10342.msg499764#msg499764 but you appear to have missed my post.

It is what was quoted in Rob’s cite...
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2018, 06:00:05 PM »
Not Libel.  They did.

Sorry can you explain what that means...?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2018, 06:02:43 PM »
The thing as I see it there were multiple quotes of the source and no denial.  I tend to think it did happen (in that it was said, I wouldn't have a clue as to whether the event happened).  It would be equal to Lord Bell's pronouncement that the McCanns paid him half a million ponds to keep them in the news.  It was a verbal statement, that can be reported and quoted but you won't find an article written by Lord Bell himself saying the same thing IMO AFAIK.

I give in.  This is getting ridiculous again.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2018, 06:03:35 PM »
Sorry can you explain what that means...?

No.

Offline slartibartfast

Online Eleanor

« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2018, 06:15:26 PM »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2018, 06:16:39 PM »
It is what was quoted in Rob’s cite...
https://www.infobae.com/2007/08/15/331952-crecen-las-sospechas-contra-los-padres-madeleine/ is in Spanish from an Argentinian paper but it quotes another source yet again "Batista said in an interview given to the Globo.com portal that the hotel is working with the police from the beginning to find the girl.

I'm not sure what they mean by "Globo.com portal" but I doubt it was some blog.
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2018, 06:20:25 PM »
The newspaper article says that this is what she said. Why would the paper or the manager make it up?
@)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2018, 06:22:37 PM »
Suggesting the manager made it up is libel.
What about suggesting Charlotte Pennington is an attention seeking clown who makes things up - is that libel too?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2018, 06:44:04 PM »
https://www.infobae.com/2007/08/15/331952-crecen-las-sospechas-contra-los-padres-madeleine/ is in Spanish from an Argentinian paper but it quotes another source yet again "Batista said in an interview given to the Globo.com portal that the hotel is working with the police from the beginning to find the girl.

I'm not sure what they mean by "Globo.com portal" but I doubt it was some blog.

I think Globo is based in Brazil, which, of course has extremely close historical connections with Portugal. .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Globo
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2018, 07:19:02 PM »
Read my Posts.

What you said was ambiguous, hence asking for clarification.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2018, 08:02:37 PM »
What about suggesting Charlotte Pennington is an attention seeking clown who makes things up - is that libel too?
Well?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2018, 08:18:41 PM »
If the press is so perfidious ( btw I agree ) why do you cut and paste great swathes of their reportage quite so often ?

To provide a cite as per forum rules, perhaps???
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....