Author Topic: Charlotte Pennington - what is the truth?  (Read 22879 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Charlotte Pennington - what is the truth?
« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2018, 01:17:27 PM »
I didn't know Robi was a sceptic.
I don’t know what he is, but I do know much of the rubbishing has come from the Alpha Sceptic.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #136 on: November 05, 2018, 01:28:39 PM »
I don’t know what he is, but I do know much of the rubbishing has come from the Alpha Sceptic.

A) pointing out where statements, articles, videos contradict each other is part and parcel of this forum.
B) Alpha sceptic is goading so don’t use it, unless of course you want to get into Omega Supporters.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #137 on: November 05, 2018, 01:29:13 PM »
I didn't know Robi was a sceptic.

Rob is probably the best you are going to get.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2018, 02:58:26 PM »
Her testimony has to be rubbished, she’s on the McCanns side.

Not so much rubbished but questioned imo.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Sunny

« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2018, 04:32:48 PM »

Is she?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2018, 04:48:20 PM »

Why?  This is utterly pathetic.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2018, 04:49:54 PM »
Why?  This is utterly pathetic.

What is pathetic Eleanor?   It appears that every little thing that Martin Grime said and did is open to scrutiny so why not all other witnesses in the McCann case?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2018, 05:16:35 PM »
Rob is probably the best you are going to get.
I know I'm trying very hard to be the best.  It is quite an honour to be called that Eleanor.  That doesn't mean I still don't upset other people at times.

Is it possible to be a sceptic and a supporter at the same time?  I think that is why no one can categorise me into either camp.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2018, 05:18:49 PM »
I want to look at the importance of what Charlotte says.   I need to look at the statements again and take particular note of what the nannies say Kate was saying first thing.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #144 on: November 05, 2018, 05:20:37 PM »
I know I'm trying very hard to be the best.  It is quite an honour to be called that Eleanor.  That doesn't mean I still don't upset other people at times.

Is it possible to be a sceptic and a supporter at the same time?  I think that is why no one can categorise me into either camp.

You are a rare beast, Rob.  Don't knock it.  You do very well.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #145 on: November 05, 2018, 06:00:12 PM »
A) pointing out where statements, articles, videos contradict each other is part and parcel of this forum.
B) Alpha sceptic is goading so don’t use it, unless of course you want to get into Omega Supporters.
a) pointing out contradictions and then using them to describe someone as a self promoting clown who makes stuff up is also part of this forum, unless those descriptions are used against Amaral, Grime or anyone on the Sceptic side of the debate
b) Alpha sceptic is a compliment, Omega to describe an individual’s standing in a community is not a term I have come across, but if you wish to use it then that’s fine by me.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #146 on: November 05, 2018, 06:01:48 PM »
Charlotte Pennington has been both questioned and rubbished on this forum over the last few days.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2018, 06:22:28 PM »
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id70.htm#13

In the quoted article "The first eyewitness account of the frantic moments after Madeleine McCann disappeared can be revealed today.

Nanny Charlotte Pennington confirms that Kate McCann did scream: "They've taken her, they've taken her!"

The mother's precise words have become a pivotal issue in the case, with Portuguese police questioning why she would automatically assume Maddie had been abducted.

Mrs McCann's family have countered this by insisting they recall her shouting: "Madeleine's gone."

Miss Pennington, however, one of the first people to set foot in the couple's apartment after the disappearance, says she heard the mother use both phrases."

What else?

""When we were coming out we saw Kate and she was screaming: 'They've taken her. They've taken her!'

Asked if it was the only thing she said, Miss Pennington answered: "It might not have been the first thing she said. But she definitely said it. She also repeated Madeleine's name and said: 'She's gone, she's gone'."

"Asked why she thought Mrs McCann might have shouted "They've taken her", Miss Pennington said:

"I'm not really sure. But maybe she saw some people looking at Madeleine earlier that day, and she immediately thought that they must have taken her.""

In another spot "It also tallies with a second report today claiming new evidence proves that Madeleine was alive when she was taken from her bed.

Police have been told Kate McCann knew instantly her daughter had been snatched because the bedclothes were in exactly the same position, raised above the mattress as if they were still lying over the little girl.

Friends of the McCanns believe this prove she was taken and did not just wander off, which would have ruffled the bedclothes."

Now that does challenge my theory of woke and wandered!

Nigel questions "Pennington's account of entering and leaving the apartment is also confusing in relation to her position and Kate's. She says at first that ''When we were coming out (of the apartment) we saw Kate and she was screaming 'They've taken her'.'' This seems odd because it appears to imply that Kate was outside the apartment - possibly just outside the patio doors. But why was Kate outside the apartment screaming 'They've taken her' when everyone else was inside?"

Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2018, 06:54:31 PM »
OK even if Kate had said "they have taken her, they have taken her"  we then can ask who are "they" Kate?

I'm thinking the early timeline written on the sticker book covers, was there any mention of "they" on there?

No mention of Gerry meeting Jez on there

I know the only home where the homeowners were specifically woken and questioned were the Wilkins/O'Donnell family.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm  Yvonne records Kate saying a couple took her child. 
Was "They" a couple then?
Moderation

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #149 on: November 05, 2018, 06:59:59 PM »
a) pointing out contradictions and then using them to describe someone as a self promoting clown who makes stuff up is also part of this forum, unless those descriptions are used against Amaral, Grime or anyone on the Sceptic side of the debate
b) Alpha sceptic is a compliment, Omega to describe an individual’s standing in a community is not a term I have come across, but if you wish to use it then that’s fine by me.

You appear to be the only one calling her a clown.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.