Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius trial commences in Pretoria, South Africa. Includes Court video.  (Read 150686 times)

Offline Andrea

Closing arguments begin today 7th Aug ... it's the end game now!

What do you think the verdict will be, Tim?

Offline sika

He's had it!  He's going down.  Too many holes in his story.

Offline Tim Invictus

What do you think the verdict will be, Tim?

Who knows Andi but I tend to agree with Sika, OP is going down! The SA experts think it will be murder and minimum 15 years but I think it will be premeditated murder min. 25 years! Plus another 5 years perhaps for the firearm charges.

I am optimistic justice will be done and the judge does have a rep for handing out stiff sentences. Oscar literally doesn't have a leg to stand on!

Offline Anna

Sorry for the unavoidable absence.......So pleased the video diary was kept going  8@??)(

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Tim Invictus

Welcome back Anna and thanks for posting the vids again .... what do you think the verdict will be?

Offline Anna

Welcome back Anna and thanks for posting the vids again .... what do you think the verdict will be?

Thank you Tim  ?{)(**
  I think it will be, guilty of manslaughter... by diminished responsibility due to his state of "Clinical anxiety" at the time of the killing.
  Deserves to be first degree murder though! IMO.
― Plato

Offline Tim Invictus

Thank you Tim  ?{)(**
  I think it will be, guilty of manslaughter... by diminished responsibility due to his state of "Clinical anxiety" at the time of the killing.
  Deserves to be first degree murder though! IMO.

But OP spent a month being assessed for any psychological impairments at the time of the 'murder' and both defense and prosecution have accepted the diagnosis that OP didn't suffer from any disorder!

8-)(--)

Offline Anna

But OP spent a month being assessed for any psychological impairments at the time of the 'murder' and both defense and prosecution have accepted the diagnosis that OP didn't suffer from any disorder!

8-)(--)

Sorry Tim,
 I missed that, still trying to get my head round being home again.
If the illness has been dismissed then it has to be murder. Surely not accidental killing.
― Plato

Offline Tim Invictus

Sorry Tim,
 I missed that, still trying to get my head round being home again.
If the illness has been dismissed then it has to be murder. Surely not accidental killing.

My understanding is there are 3 possible verdicts other than not guilty:

Culpable homicide: sentence at judge's discretion.
Murder: min. 15 years
Premed. murder: min. 25 years

I am not sure but I believe the judge/assessors can set terms above the minimums as they see fit.

Offline Anna

My understanding is there are 3 possible verdicts other than not guilty:

Culpable homicide: sentence at judge's discretion.
Murder: min. 15 years
Premed. murder: min. 25 years

I am not sure but I believe the judge/assessors can set terms above the minimums as they see fit.

1st degree premeditated, would be good, but I fear it will be a lesser sentence.
Reeva's Mum looks exhausted, if not ill with it all.................Poor Lady  8(8-))
― Plato

Offline Tim Invictus

1st degree premeditated, would be good, but I fear it will be a lesser sentence.
Reeva's Mum looks exhausted, if not ill with it all.................Poor Lady  8(8-))

I should have said murder & premed murder 15/25 years minimums are both life sentences with those years before he is eligible for parole!

I agree Reeva's parents both look drawn .... I do hope OP's sentence does give them some closure.

Offline Anna

I should have said murder & premed murder 15/25 years minimums are both life sentences with those years before he is eligible for parole!

I agree Reeva's parents both look drawn .... I do hope OP's sentence does give them some closure.

I'm sure it will always haunt them, but god willing, his eventual  punishment will ease the pain and grief
they are suffering right now.
― Plato

Offline Tim Invictus

OMG the defense is being so pedantic in picking out micro inconsistences in the different neighbours testimony about what they saw and heard the morning stumpy killed Reeva! Roux is basically calling Dr. Stipp a liar .... the very Doctor who went to OP's house and tried to save Reeva's life!

Sometimes defense attoirneys have a horrible job to do!

Offline Anna

7 aug 2014 closing arguments
session 1

session 2

news update

« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 12:26:44 PM by Anna »
― Plato

Offline Anna

8th Aug 2014  final day of closing arguments

live

session 1