Author Topic: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?  (Read 40575 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?
« Reply #435 on: August 13, 2018, 12:39:45 PM »
If you start treating the alerts as circumstantial evidence you are assigning "a motive or suspect" yet Grime clearly states "this does not however suggest a motive or suspect ..."

Absolutely, Robbie.

In my opinion people have been beguiled by the dog videos they have seen ... which actually form a very small part of their time in Luz ... and have totally disregarded what Martin Grime said regarding them on numerous occasions.

In my opinion they have started off forming their opinion on a lack of knowledge and a false premise of what the alerts actually mean.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #436 on: August 13, 2018, 12:46:36 PM »
If you start treating the alerts as circumstantial evidence you are assigning "a motive or suspect" yet Grime clearly states "this does not however suggest a motive or suspect ..."

A little girl has disappeared, alerts don’t provide motive or suspect but do provide circumstantial evidence of a body in the area. No policeman would discount that alert just because no bits of body were found IMO, they would want to find out why.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #437 on: August 13, 2018, 01:07:48 PM »
A little girl has disappeared, alerts don’t provide motive or suspect but do provide circumstantial evidence of a body in the area. No policeman would discount that alert just because no bits of body were found IMO, they would want to find out why.
As long as that policeman doesn't assign motive or suspect without the requisite yet unspecified corroborating evidence.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 01:15:34 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #438 on: August 13, 2018, 01:09:38 PM »

Do you have a cite for the alerts being circumstantial  evidence... They have no evidential reliability

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #439 on: August 13, 2018, 01:13:09 PM »
Absolutely, Robbie.

In my opinion people have been beguiled by the dog videos they have seen ... which actually form a very small part of their time in Luz ... and have totally disregarded what Martin Grime said regarding them on numerous occasions.

In my opinion they have started off forming their opinion on a lack of knowledge and a false premise of what the alerts actually mean.

I couldn't agree more. Some have become so beguiled by the dog videos that they have turned to examining them in minute detail. Despite their lack of knowledge of how these dogs work, they have formed opinions which they think suggest that Grime was incompetent.

I wonder why they have bothered when he told them himself that the alerts weren't evidence.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #440 on: August 13, 2018, 01:19:25 PM »
Do you have a cite for the alerts being circumstantial  evidence... They have no evidential reliability
Someone needs to define "circumstantial evidence".  https://youtu.be/iSLAWdUGwME
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #441 on: August 13, 2018, 01:59:59 PM »
I couldn't agree more. Some have become so beguiled by the dog videos that they have turned to examining them in minute detail. Despite their lack of knowledge of how these dogs work, they have formed opinions which they think suggest that Grime was incompetent.

I wonder why they have bothered when he told them himself that the alerts weren't evidence.

But you have examined the statements in minute detail and done exactly  the, same....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #442 on: August 13, 2018, 02:14:10 PM »
But you have examined the statements in minute detail and done exactly  the, same....

I have been criticised too. Those who have criticised my actions don't seem to object when others do it though.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #443 on: August 13, 2018, 02:50:51 PM »

In my opinion the alert to which you refer did provide evidence ... but I don't think it was relevant to Madeleine's case.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #444 on: August 13, 2018, 02:53:23 PM »
The alerts were suggestive of cadaver odour but according to Grime himself, had no "evidential reliability". 
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #445 on: August 13, 2018, 05:22:32 PM »

Is examining things in minute detail something you now disapprove of?  This from someone who has obviously spent considerable time “wondering” about what the twins are looking at on a bus and why Gerry appears grumpy, and all this despite her lack of knowledge of the people involved or the situation on the bus, and all to arrive at a negative opinion of Dr McCann.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #446 on: August 13, 2018, 06:05:40 PM »
I have been criticised too. Those who have criticised my actions don't seem to object when others do it though.
I try and be even handed so please explain.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #447 on: August 13, 2018, 06:11:46 PM »
Is examining things in minute detail something you now disapprove of?  This from someone who has obviously spent considerable time “wondering” about what the twins are looking at on a bus and why Gerry appears grumpy, and all this despite her lack of knowledge of the people involved or the situation on the bus, and all to arrive at a negative opinion of Dr McCann.

You won't find me poring over videos of police dog alerts because along with most people I know nothing about how they are carried out. Does it matter where a dog's nose is? I've no idea and in my opinion neither does anyone else.

When it comes to interpersonal relationships I have lots of experience and therefore feel able to offer an opinion. It's not necessary to know people to judge their moods.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #448 on: August 13, 2018, 06:15:37 PM »
You won't find me poring over videos of police dog alerts because along with most people I know nothing about how they are carried out. Does it matter where a dog's nose is? I've no idea and in my opinion neither does anyone else.

When it comes to interpersonal relationships I have lots of experience and therefore feel able to offer an opinion. It's not necessary to know people to judge their moods.
Could you judge a person’s mood from a photograph?  No?  But you could from a two or three second glimpse on a shaky video?   Just because we don’t know the answers doesn’t mean we can’t raise valid questions.  It seems to me you are quite keen to close down discussion on this issue.  I wonder why?  Whatever is discussed has no real bearing on anything anyway. so why shouldn’t the dog  alerts be “pawed” over?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #449 on: August 13, 2018, 06:17:17 PM »

I find this attitude that Grime is an expert and therefore cannot be questioned or criticised extremely naieve