Author Topic: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?  (Read 40292 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2018, 01:59:19 PM »
What was the basis for Grime stating where Eddie had alerted to a specific area behind the sofa and what happened next?

That's for him to know and you to find out. No doubt he had his reasons.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline misty

« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2018, 02:11:02 PM »
That's for him to know and you to find out. No doubt he had his reasons.

Grime stated the reason on video. I'm curious to know why G-Unit believes the  location of Eddie's's nose bore no relation to what happened next.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2018, 02:18:04 PM »
Grime stated the reason on video. I'm curious to know why G-Unit believes the  location of Eddie's's nose bore no relation to what happened next.

I wonder why it was felt necessary  to video the dog searches

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2018, 02:23:15 PM »
What was the basis for Grime stating where Eddie had alerted to a specific area behind the sofa and what happened next?

Are you trying to convince me you're right by asking me questions? Just make your case.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2018, 02:24:28 PM »
I wonder why it was felt necessary  to video the dog searches

I guess they can be used to study & improve on handling techniques & training, a well as for evidential purposes. I recall reading that there was several videos on the UK Police Database showing the dogs in action on previous cases.

Offline misty

« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2018, 02:36:10 PM »
Are you trying to convince me you're right by asking me questions? Just make your case.

Grime's own words on the video re. where the dog was scenting heavily - i.e. he had his nose near the spot. Eddie didn't stop at the area under the window a second time, he bypassed it & went to the r/h end of the sofa.
https://youtu.be/c4NMYPsFKb8?t=1471

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2018, 02:40:03 PM »

Probably many years of experience.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline misty

« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2018, 02:52:26 PM »
Probably many years of experience.

How long had Grime been handling cadaver dogs & how many dogs had he handled?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2018, 02:53:42 PM »

Grime's own words on the video re. where the dog was scenting heavily - i.e. he had his nose near the spot. Eddie didn't stop at the area under the window a second time, he bypassed it & went to the r/h end of the sofa.
https://youtu.be/c4NMYPsFKb8?t=1471

And?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2018, 02:53:54 PM »

Please keep the debate polite and sweet. Thank you.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2018, 03:05:08 PM »
When you can prove that Eddie's nose position is connected to his alerts you might have a point. In my opinion that's not how Eddie worked.

Was Eddie's nose position not a determining factor in Grime's assessment of the source of the delayed alert?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2018, 06:14:06 PM »
There was no deposition site in 5A.
That is the big $64,000 question.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2018, 06:27:05 PM »
Was Eddie's nose position not a determining factor in Grime's assessment of the source of the delayed alert?

You tell us.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2018, 06:45:28 PM »
I'd imagine the reaction time to a smell is around 0.5 seconds.

I have not been able to find an actual study on this topic but looking at this training video it seems the decision making process takes a full second or two. https://youtu.be/KJZ7rlP77zY?t=94
1:41 is her first pass over the cover, and 1:44 is when she lifts her paw to scratch.  I'm sure a trained dog following a scent trail will be faster than this. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2018, 07:06:47 PM »

Grime said 'strong scenting'. It's not just where the dog's nose is that matters, it's when he's using it. The handler watches and listens, because a dog which is scenting strongly can be heard sniffing.

what I saw was that approximately in the centre of the wall where the window is, just along the tile area between the tiles and the wall, he's been scenting there a lot stronger than he has anywhere else and the when he's gone out there the second time he has decided yes that's what I'm looking for and that's when he has given me the bark indication.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm
Result = happy posting.