Author Topic: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?  (Read 40291 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?
« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2018, 10:32:42 AM »
If drugs have been in a person's luggage a drug dog will alert even though the drugs have been removed. If a cadaver has lain in a room a cadaver dog will alert in the room even though the cadaver has been removed.

for how long will the cadaver odour remain detectable in the room

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2018, 10:48:41 AM »
for how long will the cadaver odour remain detectable in the room

No acknowledgement that your previous post about 'remnant scent' wasn't strictly correct?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2018, 10:56:08 AM »
mark harrison...

After the conclusion of the searches, a meeting in the Portimao offices of the PJ took place in the cabinet of Goncalo AMARAL and those present included Guilermino ENCARNACO, an official representative from the Leicestershire police, Martin GRIME and myself. During the meeting were exhibited videos with the details of search activities including the sniffer dogs lead by Martin GRIME. GRIME commented on the actions of the dogs and added that no confirmed evidence or information could be taken from the alerts by the dogs but needed to be confirmed with physical evidence.

So you don’t have a cite?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2018, 11:08:07 AM »
the dog will alert if there are physical traces of the drug remaining....imo..and these can be tested for physically

So anyone alerted to by a drug dog is a druggie?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2018, 11:11:51 AM »
So anyone alerted to by a drug dog is a druggie?

No.. Cross contamination

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2018, 11:13:14 AM »
So you don’t have a cite?

I've provided a cite... If you dispute they are unreliable then you are claming they are reliable... Do you really believe  that

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2018, 11:29:55 AM »
Is it a "fact", didn't Stockham say that Grime's dogs (Morse etc) had a reliability in tests in the high 90's percent. I wouldn't call that unreliable.

Can you find a cite that "remnant scent" alerts are...unreliable.
If the reliability was 90% 1 case in 10 will be likely to be incorrect.  If there is not corroborating evidence how can you tell if this is the unreliable one?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2018, 11:45:02 AM »
If the reliability was 90% 1 case in 10 will be likely to be incorrect.  If there is not corroborating evidence how can you tell if this is the unreliable one?

I think that's the problem - you can't. The alerts are inconclusive, but cannot be dismissed.
The dogs alerted at more than one point, so it would be difficult to argue that every single alert was false just because there wasn't corroborating evidence, though I'm sure some will try.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2018, 12:05:49 PM »
I think that's the problem - you can't. The alerts are inconclusive, but cannot be dismissed.
The dogs alerted at more than one point, so it would be difficult to argue that every single alert was false just because there wasn't corroborating evidence, though I'm sure some will try.

It's very easy to argue that none of the alerts was a positive confirmation to cadaver....the alerts can be dismissed because none were confirmed

Without any  proper scientific  tests no one can make any real inference from the alerts
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 12:13:17 PM by Davel »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2018, 01:27:08 PM »
I've provided a cite... If you dispute they are unreliable then you are claming they are reliable... Do you really believe  that

Davel neither you nor Gerry McCann have provided a cite that cadaver dogs are unreliable. All your cite says is that Grime and Harrison say they need to be corroborated. Nothing at all about being unreliable.

Perhaps you could kindly furnish us with one that actually gives us this information (if it is indeed true).
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #220 on: August 11, 2018, 01:28:31 PM »
Davel neither you nor Gerry McCann have provided a cite that cadaver dogs are unreliable. All your cite says is that Grime and Harrison say they need to be corroborated. Nothing at all about being unreliable.

Perhaps you could kindly furnish us with one that actually gives us this information (if it is indeed true).

I haven't said cadaver dogs are unreliable.... Kindly read my posts again..lol
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 01:30:49 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #221 on: August 11, 2018, 01:31:29 PM »
OK then, cite for this...lol

Perhaps you owe me an aplogy

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #222 on: August 11, 2018, 01:34:13 PM »
OK Davel I apologise, now can I have my cite thing.

Both Harrison and Grime say unconfirmed  alerts have no reliability as evidence or.. In Harrison's case... Evidence or intelligence... No reliability means unreliable

Offline Sunny

« Reply #223 on: August 11, 2018, 01:38:50 PM »
Both Harrison and Grime say unconfirmed  alerts have no reliability as evidence or.. In Harrison's case... Evidence or intelligence... No reliability means unreliable

No they didn't

mark harrison...

After the conclusion of the searches, a meeting in the Portimao offices of the PJ took place in the cabinet of Goncalo AMARAL and those present included Guilermino ENCARNACO, an official representative from the Leicestershire police, Martin GRIME and myself. During the meeting were exhibited videos with the details of search activities including the sniffer dogs lead by Martin GRIME. GRIME commented on the actions of the dogs and added that no confirmed evidence or information could be taken from the alerts by the dogs but needed to be confirmed with physical evidence.

They said they couldn't be used as evidence not that they were not reliable (as evidence or otherwise). Perhaps you can show me where they use the word "reliable" or even unreliable"  The UK law stance appears to me anyway that dog evidence is not allowed in court (although the David Gilroy case may have changed this), it doesn't mean that the dogs are not allowed just that they are/were not admissable as evidence.

That is my take on Harrison's statement and I believe he was making no reference to reliability or unreliability.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #224 on: August 11, 2018, 01:41:53 PM »
No they didn't

They said they couldn't be used as evidence not that they were not reliable (as evidence or otherwise). Perhaps you can show me where they use the word "reliable" or even unreliable"  The UK law stance appears to me anyway that dog evidence is not allowed in court (although the David Gilroy case may have changed this), it doesn't mean that the dogs are not allowed just that they are/were not admissable as evidence.

That is my take on Harrison's statement and I believe he was making no reference to reliability or unreliability.

You need to do a little more reading... And you owe me a, second apology... Both Grime and Harrison used the words ...no reliability

Have a look at their witness and rog statements