Author Topic: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?  (Read 40290 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?
« Reply #240 on: August 11, 2018, 05:53:11 PM »
The irony is you don't seem to appreciate Grime's potential error may have denied the PJ of the crucial piece of evidence they were looking for.

I get the point ... it was assumed that the point of Eddie's interest was behind the couch at the place confirmed by very directional Keela ... and precluded any further investigation as to why Eddie barked immediately he lifted his nose.
The 'smoking gun' could very well have been the couch ... and even evidence which could have cleared Kate and Gerry of unwarranted suspicion.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2018, 06:03:17 PM »
Perhaps you could point out where Grime says "no reliability" here

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES_RIGATORY.htm

In his search evidence he says

It is my view that it is possible that the EVRD is alerting to cadaver scent
contamination. No evidential or intelligence reliability can be made from this
alert unless it can be confirmed with corroborating evidence.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm

But we knew that already, that dog evidence is not (or was not) allowed in court that doesn't mean the dogs were unreliable. IMO.

So again a cite where he says that the dogs were unreliable regarding unconfirmed alerts.

Where does Davel say "he says that the dogs were unreliable regarding unconfirmed alerts".

You can't ask for a cite for something not claimed.

Post the URL to the post where Davel says this please.  Either that or stop goading Davel.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2018, 06:11:56 PM »
I never said he did. He was identifying their usefulness nevertheless.
OK the dog alerted we can't deny that.
But without corroborating evidence we can't say what the alert was to.

It is possible a cadaver was there and removed (leaving no corroborating evidence), so that just becomes an unproven possibility.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #243 on: August 11, 2018, 06:14:08 PM »
In what way are they useful... We already know Maddie may have died in the apartments... We don't need a barking dig to tell us that... At least I dont
Died and left there long enough to be tracked by a cadaver dog 3 months later, did you ever think that was possibility?
Moderation

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #244 on: August 11, 2018, 06:18:27 PM »
Where does Davel say "he says that the dogs were unreliable regarding unconfirmed alerts".

Post the URL to the post where Davel says this please.  Either that or stop goading Davel.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9940.msg478915#msg478915
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #245 on: August 11, 2018, 06:26:59 PM »
Died and left there long enough to be tracked by a cadaver dog 3 months later, did you ever think that was possibility?
Would cadaver scent last 3 months in an open building
Would it last 3 months in a, flower bed with wind and rain
I think it's no to both these but as there have been no scientific  tests we don't know...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #246 on: August 11, 2018, 06:30:28 PM »

I've given the cite Re the unreliability of unconfirmed alerts several times

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #247 on: August 11, 2018, 06:35:15 PM »

OK and the words used were:
"remnant scent alerts are unreliable according to grime and harrison........You cite this 90% calim but havent given any details of what it refers to...is it remnant scent...you dont know"

We know their reliability depended on the finding of corroborating evidence at the location.

But Madeleine had been living at that location so finding her DNA there was never going to be enough.

In fact finding her blood there was unlikely to be enough, for a kid can get a bleeding nose and that doesn't mean she died.

Does the corroborating evidence have to be found at the site of the alert.  They don't actually say that do they.  So if her body was found at another location would that be corroborating evidence?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 06:41:02 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #248 on: August 11, 2018, 06:40:55 PM »
OK and the words used were:
"remnant scent alerts are unreliable according to grime and harrison........You cite this 90% calim but havent given any details of what it refers to...is it remnant scent...you dont know"

We know their reliability depended on the finding of corroborating evidence at the location.

But Madeleine had been living at that location so finding her DNA there was never going to be enough.

Of course it wasn't and that applies to many cases

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #249 on: August 11, 2018, 06:41:16 PM »
I've given the cite Re the unreliability of unconfirmed alerts several times

You gave a cite regarding the reliability of conclusions drawn from remnant scent alerts not the alerts themselves.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #250 on: August 11, 2018, 06:46:20 PM »
You gave a cite regarding the reliability of conclusions drawn from remnant scent alerts not the alerts themselves.

The only value the alerts have is the information  that can be derived from them... Which is unreliable

Offline misty

« Reply #251 on: August 11, 2018, 06:47:45 PM »
I get the point ... it was assumed that the point of Eddie's interest was behind the couch at the place confirmed by very directional Keela ... and precluded any further investigation as to why Eddie barked immediately he lifted his nose.
The 'smoking gun' could very well have been the couch ... and even evidence which could have cleared Kate and Gerry of unwarranted suspicion.

I asked myself why (if a body had lain behind the sofa long enough for cadaver odour to develop) the absorbent fabric of the back of the sofa was not contaminated & alerted to as per the German carpet squares non-contact cadaver experiment. That's what led me to examine the footage again & question why Grime was so sure that Eddie had alerted to the wall/floor juncture.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #252 on: August 11, 2018, 06:50:47 PM »
We can see and hear the dog bark.  But we don't know what made him bark, we presume it was to cadaver odour but we can't be sure, until it is confirmed there is a cadaver somewhere in the location (even possible distant location).
Moderation

Offline Sunny

« Reply #253 on: August 11, 2018, 06:51:55 PM »

Davel didn't say "he said that the dogs were unreliable regarding the unconfirmed alerts" if you had read the entirety of my post you would see I was talking about Martin Grime and Davel's claims about what Grime said eg

Davel's post
Both Harrison and Grime say unconfirmed  alerts have no reliability as evidence or.. In Harrison's case... Evidence or intelligence... No reliability means unreliable

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9940.msg478956#msg478956

I wanted a cite from Davel that Grime said they were "unreliable". I haven't had one. 

Davel is changing Grime and Harrisons words IMO. No reliability as evidence does not mean unreliable.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #254 on: August 11, 2018, 06:54:12 PM »
Davel didn't say "he said that the dogs were unreliable regarding the unconfirmed alerts" if you had read the entirety of my post you would see I was talking about Martin Grime and Davel's claims about what Grime said eg

Davel's post
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9940.msg478956#msg478956

I wanted a cite from Davel that Grime said they were "unreliable". I haven't had one. 

Davel is changing Grime and Harrisons words IMO. No reliability as evidence does not mean unreliable.

Yes it does. ..imo.... And if you disagree then tell us, what reliability  the alerts have.... If you cannot... Then you must accept they have no reliability
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 06:57:12 PM by Davel »