Author Topic: The Murders At White House Farm by Carol Ann Lee  (Read 74573 times)

Offline Anna

Re: The Murders At White House Farm by Carol Ann Lee
« Reply #240 on: August 01, 2015, 08:42:55 PM »
Thanks Anna.  Interesting review from someone who hitherto knew little about the case.  I've read so few books I had no idea what to write for a review but I had a go and uploaded it to the Waterstones site (below).  I think you might start to find yourself torn between the McCann and WHF boards!

It seems a strange adoptive family even stranger than my own  8(0(*  Firstly June suffers a breakdown triggered by her decision to adopt SC requiring in-patient psychiatric care.  Upon returning to WHF a full-time nanny, Julia Saye, is employed to care for SC.  At 10 yoa SC is sent to boarding school miles from WHF and enrolled mid-term which can be difficult for a child/student in terms of slotting in.  During the summer of 1973 June asks AE to find SC some chores and teach her to cook.    *%87

https://www.waterstones.com/books/reviews/isbn/9780283072215#review-70301

Nice review Holly.
I read a lot, but rarely write reviews.
I might be around on here a bit more...as you say.

Poor Jeremy has made so many applications for reviews on his prison tariff and appeals, only to have them all turned down.
The police bungled once they certainly cant risk being accused again, so Jeremy hasn't got a snowball in hell's chance.
The Silencer evidence should never have gone to court since it was in possession of third parties before it was even taken by the police. DNA from sheila's mum proved that it was most unlikely to be sheila's blood.
The window that could be opened from outside -Jeremy admitted to having used it in the past. Ann knew about it and IIRC Julie did too?. So how many others knew of the windows?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 01:43:13 PM by John »
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline puglove

« Reply #241 on: August 01, 2015, 11:54:07 PM »
Can we have a free house with mirco brewery and Nobby's Nuts?  8)-)))

Oh yes!
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline puglove

« Reply #242 on: August 02, 2015, 12:01:49 AM »
Thanks Anna.  Interesting review from someone who hitherto knew little about the case.  I've read so few books I had no idea what to write for a review but I had a go and uploaded it to the Waterstones site (below).  I think you might start to find yourself torn between the McCann and WHF boards!

It seems a strange adoptive family even stranger than my own  8(0(*  Firstly June suffers a breakdown triggered by her decision to adopt SC requiring in-patient psychiatric care.  Upon returning to WHF a full-time nanny, Julia Saye, is employed to care for SC.  At 10 yoa SC is sent to boarding school miles from WHF and enrolled mid-term which can be difficult for a child/student in terms of slotting in.  During the summer of 1973 June asks AE to find SC some chores and teach her to cook.   &%+((£

https://www.waterstones.com/books/reviews/isbn/9780283072215#review-70301

I knew that your review would be brilliant. And it is. I can't argue with you anymore, Holl, because you have your ideas, and I have mine. If I thought for a moment that Bamber was innocent, I would never sleep again. But I rest easy.

Offline puglove

« Reply #243 on: August 02, 2015, 12:12:13 AM »
I knew that your review would be brilliant. And it is. I can't argue with you anymore, Holl, because you have your ideas, and I have mine. If I thought for a moment that Bamber was innocent, I would never sleep again. But I rest easy.

And well done you, passer-by. Joined the forum, not a clue, 3 posts later, Bamber is as innocent as a new-born lamb.

Next time you join this forum, call yourself Paul Daniels.

Offline puglove

« Reply #244 on: August 02, 2015, 12:25:08 AM »

How many people would have to be involved with the conspiracy, Holl?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #245 on: August 02, 2015, 07:29:05 AM »
Let's face it, Jeremy was a damaged child from the off, things only got worse as he got older.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #246 on: August 02, 2015, 12:11:56 PM »
Nice review Holly.
I read a lot, but rarely write reviews.
I might be around on here a bit more...as you say.

Poor Jeremy has made so many applications for reviews on his prison tariff and appeals, only to have them all turned down.
The police bungled once they certainly cant risk being accused again, so Jeremy hasn't got a snowball in hell's chance.
The Silencer evidence should never have gone to court since it was in possession of third parties before it was even taken by the police. DNA from sheila's mum proved that it was most unlikely to be sheila's blood.
The window that could be opened from outside -Jeremy admitted to having used it in the past. Ann knew about it and IIRC Julie did too?. So how many others knew of the windows?

Thanks Anna.

Yes nothing is straight-forward!

Had to look up IIRC.  Thought it was abbreviated Latin but I see it is short for 'if I recall correctly'  @)(++(*
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #247 on: August 02, 2015, 12:21:32 PM »

Thanks pugs.

We haven't argued.  We had a little spat once when the moon was full and our monthly cycles collided. That was down to gravitational pull and hormones.  8((()*/

I really couldn't give a flying fig if others don't share my views on JB. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 04:14:00 PM by John »
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline John

« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2015, 04:13:49 PM »
If Carol Ann Lee intended to write a non judgemental book about the White House Murders then the following headline was a huge mistake.

From The Mail on Sunday

Carol Ann Lee, "Now I know Bamber did it"

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3157376/Now-know-Bamber-did-Crime-writer-s-definitive-verdict-public-schoolboy-slaughtered-entire-family-30-years-ago-tried-frame-dead-sister-protested-innocence.html
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 07:21:17 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #249 on: August 02, 2015, 04:28:28 PM »
I've seen lots of discrepancies between the MoS articles and CAL's book excerpts.  The MoS are quoting CAL as believing JB guilty but in her book excerpts she appears balanced, objective and impartial allowing the reader to draw his/her own conclusion:

http://www.sainsburysebooks.co.uk/reader/9780283072222?fromssl=true

Holly, is the link you provided the actual book?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #250 on: August 02, 2015, 05:02:41 PM »
If Carol Ann Lee intended to write a non judgemental book about the White House Murders then the following headline was a huge mistake.

From The Mail on Sunday

Carol Ann Lee, "Now I know Bamber did it"

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3157376/Now-know-Bamber-did-Crime-writer-s-definitive-verdict-public-schoolboy-slaughtered-entire-family-30-years-ago-tried-frame-dead-sister-protested-innocence.html

The 2 week serialisation in the MoS is not representative of the book as a whole.  It's just typical tabloid trash.  I doubt CAL/her publishers had much say in it.  Perhaps it was done on a commercial basis to recover costs in bringing the book to market.

She makes it quite clear here she will not be drawn into sharing her own views:

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/features/features/13520876.Did_Jeremy_Bamber_kill_his_family_30_years_ago__Make_up_your_own_mind__says_local_author_Carol_Ann_Lee/

Having read the book and articles such as above in the York Press I wouldn't really like to say what her views are.  I think the fact that she has overlooked (?) that the victims' blood samples were handed to EP and not sent direct to FSS (Page 214 of CAL's book) and then not commented on the COLP inquiry which tackles the thorny issue of deliberate contamination is odd   *%87  Especially when there can be little doubt that the silencer was a key exhibit in the prosecution case against JB.  Page 339 and 340 JB discusses with Geoffrey Rivlin QC the possibility of deliberation contamination which GR writes off as "too far-fetched to pursue".  But was it?  Imo it is the most likely explanation as to how SC's blood type/group was 'found' in the silencer. 

CAL also makes much of JB's claims that discussions were taking place on the eve of 6th Aug about the future of the twins ie foster care etc.  CAL could have introduced the witness statement of Colin's mother, Mrs Doris Brencher, where she confirms that weeks before the murders herself and June had a telephone conversation where June stated she was concerned that the twins would be taken and placed in foster care.  This lends some support to JB's claims yet CAL failed to include it.

I would have to re-read the book again very carefully to see if I can spot anything else. 

Mrs Brencher's witness statement is on Blue. 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 01:48:54 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #251 on: August 02, 2015, 05:05:48 PM »
She would have been paid handsomely for that article so she would have to had authorised it beforehand.

What about the Saintsbury link?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 05:08:13 PM by John »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #252 on: August 02, 2015, 05:16:48 PM »
Holly, is the link you provided the actual book?

Myster provided the link but yes it is an excerpt from the actual book.

The MoS article is taken largely from an appendix within the book which is perhaps why it is an appendix  8(0(*  The appendix is based on the prosecution case against JB.  It was probably based on a commercial decision between CAL, her agent and publishers to recover initial costs in bringing the book to market plus some free advertising.  I guess it beats anonymous death threats  8(0(*

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/524489/Mass-killer-Jeremy-Bamber-s-threat-to-Scots-author-Harrison

Offline Holly Goodhead

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #254 on: August 02, 2015, 05:24:59 PM »
Myster provided the link but yes it is an excerpt from the actual book.

The MoS article is taken largely from an appendix within the book which is perhaps why it is an appendix  8(0(*  The appendix is based on the prosecution case against JB.  It was probably based on a commercial decision between CAL, her agent and publishers to recover initial costs in bringing the book to market plus some free advertising.  I guess it beats anonymous death threats  8(0(*

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/524489/Mass-killer-Jeremy-Bamber-s-threat-to-Scots-author-Harrison

Not to mention anonymous letters from someone in Brentwood. @)(++(*
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!