Author Topic: The 'Smithman' sighting  (Read 3455 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: The 'Smithman' sighting
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2019, 03:46:16 PM »
He headed towards the church as I and SY believe. From there probably to Kate's rocks.

There's a temporary hiding place under the rock in this shot. It's not hard to quickly hide something in the dark if you know where to go.

How would you propse to carry a child’s body over the rocks in the dark to find the right rock to try and squeeze a body under, in a space that looks barely big enough to hide a cat’s body?  Do you think Smithman saw this rock before Madeleines death and thought to himself “that’s where I’d hide a child’s body, if I ever needed to, better make a mental note of where it is in case I need to find it in the dark”?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Anthro

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2019, 04:53:43 PM »
Holly, as far as I know the building was derelict in 2007. To me, it looks like rust on the clothing.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2019, 04:57:01 PM »
It is similar to this.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2019, 07:12:53 PM »
How would you propse to carry a child’s body over the rocks in the dark to find the right rock to try and squeeze a body under, in a space that looks barely big enough to hide a cat’s body?  Do you think Smithman saw this rock before Madeleines death and thought to himself “that’s where I’d hide a child’s body, if I ever needed to, better make a mental note of where it is in case I need to find it in the dark”?

If you know where to go it's not a hard task. Do you think Smithman didn't know where he was going to?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2019, 07:16:33 PM »
If you know where to go it's not a hard task. Do you think Smithman didn't know where he was going to?
You’ve done it have you?  You reckon the killing was premeditated do you? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2019, 07:40:55 PM »
I've done nothing of the sort. That is your opinion not mine.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2019, 07:44:51 PM »
Please explain "If you know where to go it's not a hard task. Do you think Smithman didn't know where he was going to?"

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2019, 07:49:32 PM »
What is hard to understand? If Smithman was carrying Madeleine do you think he knew where he was going to? or did he just do it off the cuff?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 07:51:59 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2019, 08:03:08 PM »
I've done nothing of the sort. That is your opinion not mine.
How can you claim it is not hard to hide a body in a tiny crevasse in a rock on a rocky beach in the dark if you have never done itself?  How can you claim Smihman knew where to hide the body if he had not already done a reconnaissance for this purpose prior to hiding the body?  Over to you.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2019, 08:12:42 PM »
For example - I may have seen an open sewer pipe when walking across the rocks but it doesn't mean i was thinking of hiding a body there at that time but after the fact I may remember it and think it is a good place to hide. It doesn't need to be premeditated before a death as you incorrectly claim.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 08:15:44 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline The General

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2019, 08:13:53 PM »
What was the status of the building when MM disappeared?  Was it derelict then?  The clothing appears to be the sort of thing building workers would wear with plaster ? splashes?  What's the black/grey item?
I tend to agree, to a degree. But a plasterer would not work in an anorak, they'd be dead by brew time.
Outdoor render, maybe?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2019, 08:34:12 PM »
For example - I may have seen an open sewer pipe when walking across the rocks but it doesn't mean i was thinking of hiding a body there at that time but after the fact I may remember it and think it is a good place to hide. It doesn't need to be premeditated before a death as you incorrectly claim.
You didn’t mention a sewer pipe, you mentioned that tiny gap under a rock and you haven’t explained how you know it wouldn’t be hard.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2019, 09:30:57 PM »
Why would it be have to be hard if you had to hide something? You would need luck that not many people are out and about but if it was on the dark beach then nobody is going to be there. There's loose rocks on that beach. You could move loose rocks and hide a small body under them. You could throw a body into the sea from the rocky location. The point is it could be done so it cannot be ruled out.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2019, 09:48:26 PM »
What is hard to understand? If Smithman was carrying Madeleine do you think he knew where he was going to? or did he just do it off the cuff?
I used to say he was taking an injured Madeleine to the  Luz Doc facility but he found it closed.  After that where would he go as a second choice?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2019, 10:06:28 PM »
Why would it be have to be hard if you had to hide something? You would need luck that not many people are out and about but if it was on the dark beach then nobody is going to be there. There's loose rocks on that beach. You could move loose rocks and hide a small body under them. You could throw a body into the sea from the rocky location. The point is it could be done so it cannot be ruled out.
Loose rocks if you had an excavator, yes.
  I doubt there is such a thing as loose rocks that could be shifted to hide a body with just your bare hands.
Moderation