Author Topic: The Madeleine Fund beginnings.  (Read 12345 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: The Madeleine Fund beginnings.
« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2018, 12:12:18 AM »
The parents must have known that with the case shelved in Portugal and SY having no jurisdiction there if a review was granted it would be toothless. However it would make people think ‘well if they were guilty why would they have asked for a review ‘.

TBH I don’t think the parents believed a review would be granted and when Rebecca Brooks suggested the Sun spearhead a campaign in conjunction with the book serialisation to force the PM’s hand what could they say ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #166 on: October 18, 2018, 07:21:18 AM »
The parents must have known that with the case shelved in Portugal and SY having no jurisdiction there if a review was granted it would be toothless. However it would make people think ‘well if they were guilty why would they have asked for a review ‘.

TBH I don’t think the parents believed a review would be granted and when Rebecca Brooks suggested the Sun spearhead a campaign in conjunction with the book serialisation to force the PM’s hand what could they say ?
So why ask for one in the first place?  Why relentlessly try and keep the spotlight on your own crimes?  Surely by asking for a review there is a real risk you will get one?  It’s madness!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2018, 09:24:20 AM »
So why ask for one in the first place?  Why relentlessly try and keep the spotlight on your own crimes?  Surely by asking for a review there is a real risk you will get one?  It’s madness!

Your post illustrates exactly why someone would ask for a review.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 10:16:16 AM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2018, 09:29:48 AM »

Thank you.   

They must have been over the moon at such help, but Cameron seemed very much in support of the review to me.  Are you sure he was "forced" ?   Cos it didn't seem that way to me.

Offline sadie

« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2018, 09:33:23 AM »
Your post illustrates exactly why someone would ask for a review.

Erm?   Are we understanding the same language ?   Your answer doesn't make sense to me.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2018, 10:45:21 AM »

I think the idea was to shine a spotlight on the mishandling of crimes against children and the mistreatment of the McCanns by the authorities and by the media.

There are lessons to be learned for the future, in terms of both the handling of crimes against children and the
treatment we have received from the authorities and the media, and if some good can come out of our
experience, it is that the mistakes made will not be repeated.[madeleine]

If that's what Kate McCann was expecting from the review she's doomed to be disappointed in my opinion. 
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Sunny

« Reply #171 on: October 18, 2018, 01:15:20 PM »
Thank you.   

They must have been over the moon at such help, but Cameron seemed very much in support of the review to me.  Are you sure he was "forced" ?   Cos it didn't seem that way to me.

So you didn't watch Leveson then sadie.  I had no interest in the case at the time but I did with the Leveson Enquiry and hacking.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 10:13:03 AM by John »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #172 on: October 18, 2018, 01:48:41 PM »
So you didn't watch Leveson then sadie.  I had no interest in the case at the time but I did with the Leveson Enquiry and hacking.

I posted this sometime ago:
https://www.scribd.com/document/93242009/Full-Transcript-of-Rebekah-Brooks-Testimony-to-Leveson-Inquiry

from roughly page 96 to about 120 as I recall.
Lest we forget.. 8(0(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #173 on: October 18, 2018, 03:32:09 PM »
Perhaps you can explain why the McCanns didn't request the Portuguese police to carry out a review Davel.

they didnt trust them ..

Offline barrier

« Reply #174 on: October 18, 2018, 03:39:51 PM »
they didnt trust them ..

Infamy,infamy,they've all got it in for me.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #175 on: October 18, 2018, 03:44:15 PM »
they didnt trust them ..

I wonder if the feeling was mutual Davel.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!