Author Topic: Why would Julie do this? Say this?  (Read 21772 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Why would Julie do this? Say this?
« Reply #210 on: May 23, 2020, 09:46:47 PM »
I think it would have been more acceptable for her to accept the social mores of the day which involved those over the age of consent having sexual relationships outside of marriage.

If June had such an aversion to this its difficult to see how she was able to view her adopted children in a positive light who themselves were the product of sex outside marriage.

Neither of them took much notice - she hardly tied them down.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #211 on: May 23, 2020, 09:47:56 PM »
It is the 2002 appeal document - what phone calls?
The two phone calls:
"23. Barbara Wilson, the farm secretary telephoned the farmhouse at 9.30 p.m. and spoke to
Nevill Bamber. He was not cheerful and Mrs Wilson thought she had interrupted an
argument. In evidence she described Nevill as abrupt, very impatient and very short. Pamela
Boutflour, June Bamber’s sister also telephoned the house that evening at about 10 p.m. She
spoke first with Sheila Caffell who was quiet and then to her sister. Mrs Boutflour noted
nothing unusual in her sister’s mood or in their conversation."

https://murderpedia.org/male.B/images/bamber_jeremy/20011745.pdf page 5.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2020, 09:48:29 PM »
Could it be that June may not have recognised boundaries, in that they were CC’s & SC’s children first and foremost

She ignored CC's wishes that she should stop making the boys pray all the time.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Caroline

« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2020, 09:59:01 PM »
The two phone calls:
"23. Barbara Wilson, the farm secretary telephoned the farmhouse at 9.30 p.m. and spoke to
Nevill Bamber. He was not cheerful and Mrs Wilson thought she had interrupted an
argument. In evidence she described Nevill as abrupt, very impatient and very short. Pamela
Boutflour, June Bamber’s sister also telephoned the house that evening at about 10 p.m. She
spoke first with Sheila Caffell who was quiet and then to her sister. Mrs Boutflour noted
nothing unusual in her sister’s mood or in their conversation."

https://murderpedia.org/male.B/images/bamber_jeremy/20011745.pdf page 5.

Oh I already know about those calls but what's that got to do with Bamber?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2020, 11:07:16 PM »
Oh I already know about those calls but what's that got to do with Bamber?
Well work out if JB was there when these calls were made.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #215 on: May 23, 2020, 11:18:41 PM »
Well work out if JB was there when these calls were made.

I don't need to work it out - I already know  8((()*/

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2020, 11:35:26 PM »
I don't need to work it out - I already know  8((()*/
Tell me the answer then Caro.
Moderation

Offline Caroline

« Reply #217 on: May 24, 2020, 12:37:42 AM »
Tell me the answer then Caro.

Ite answer is out there just waiting to be discovered!  8(>((

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #218 on: May 24, 2020, 12:40:01 AM »
Ite answer is out there just waiting to be discovered!  8(>((
I think all evidence of this has all been forgotten over the years.
Moderation

Offline Caroline

« Reply #219 on: May 24, 2020, 12:47:55 AM »

No, it hasn't.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #220 on: May 24, 2020, 10:19:55 AM »

I do think you have a point here. We are debating something that happened 35 years ago. In addition, a lot of evidence was, apparently, destroyed in 1996. Some witnesses have died. The books on the case were written years afterwards. Most (not all) people who have a view about the guilt/innocence of JB know very little about him,  never knew his family, and are relying on what they read.

Even most of  the original witness statements were written a month after the event, so are possibly less reliable than if they had been written in the week after the murders.

I don't agree that "all evidence" has been forgotten, but I don't doubt that quite a lot has.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #221 on: May 24, 2020, 11:06:48 AM »

I do think you have a point here. We are debating something that happened 35 years ago. In addition, a lot of evidence was, apparently, destroyed in 1996. Some witnesses have died. The books on the case were written years afterwards. Most (not all) people who have a view about the guilt/innocence of JB know very little about him,  never knew his family, and are relying on what they read.

Even most of  the original witness statements were written a month after the event, so are possibly less reliable than if they had been written in the week after the murders.

I don't agree that "all evidence" has been forgotten, but I don't doubt that quite a lot has.

And that, Mrswah, is without the myths and legends which have grown up around the case. Whilst great lengths are gone to to ensure that ONLY those 'facts' accompanied by cites, are posted, it eliminates those personal experiences which aren't, and not ALL of these are opposers, ie my cousin's co in-law, a vicar, doesn't believe he's guilty. Although few and far between, I know others who have doubts about his guilt. It's also an absolute that MANY of those, are no longer with us, who knew the Bambers well. Time takes an inevitable toll.

From the off, a local crime means local information will be gleaned. What's given is likely to be coloured by personal experience, which is fair enough when one considers that an suspect's behaviour is likely to have differed from person to person, ergo, each of their character assessments will be different.

I'm inclined to agree that witness statements created a month after the event maybe less reliable than those written immediately, but within that month, the whole case was turned on it's head, and had to be reassessed from an entirely different perspective.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #222 on: May 24, 2020, 11:21:41 AM »
No, it hasn't.
I think you need to come forth with your knowledge.  Are you implying there were others present early in the evening before Jeremy says he returned home?

I suppose there could well be some farmworkers who have some knowledge about what happened early evening.
Moderation

Offline APRIL

« Reply #223 on: May 24, 2020, 11:34:47 AM »
I think you need to come forth with your knowledge.  Are you implying there were others present early in the evening before Jeremy says he returned home?

I suppose there could well be some farmworkers who have some knowledge about what happened early evening.

Certainly there were some/was one who saw Jeremy prior to the door being closed on whatever family activity was going on, and the nearest neighbours, the Folkes, say they heard Jeremy drive off at whatever time it was that he left WHF. Until the story unfolded, it had been a day like any other day during harvest.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #224 on: May 24, 2020, 01:26:19 PM »

No I don't, I'm not doing your research for you.