Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364715 times)

Offline John

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1275 on: January 13, 2014, 08:40:25 AM »
And also to be honest I think if I was Warner management i would have advised against this practice of leaving children alone. I believe they did not offer the baby listening service simply because they could not guarantee child's safety as apartments were private and accessible to all and sundry. Did they not have a holiday meeting at the beginning of the holidays?

When I have been on holiday you all meet in one place and have a free drink and the holiday rep, goes through all the dos and donts of the area. I would have thought this would have been mentioned and also if there were so many burglaries in the area, wouldn't they have also advised people of this and told them to lock up their valuables? All seems a bit relaxed to me.

IF it was an abduction I feel strongly it was an inside job. Someone knew what was going on, and had access to the front door.

Sure of it. This person also would not be a stranger to the child.

I just have a gut feeling about it, always have had. I believe she knew who took her and that is why there was no fuss.

It really would be for me an inside job, not a stranger or off chance.

IF she was abducted.

There was a welcome gathering at The Millennium Restaurant where no doubt they were all given a run down on the dos and don't but I doubt Warners would have said anything about burglars.

I have always said that the tour operator were negligent on several counts and nothing I have read lately leads me to change that position.  Little wonder they parachuted in damage limitation experts after Madeleine disappeared.  The lack of security at Ocean Club was abysmal, even the staff said so!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:42:28 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

« Reply #1276 on: January 13, 2014, 08:43:04 AM »
you're such a pessimist Stephen...look on the bright side they may solve the case

They have no authority and any crime prosecuted would be in Portugal.

Offline John

« Reply #1277 on: January 13, 2014, 08:48:32 AM »
What I find astonishing is IF the great Scotland Yard had the names of 3 people who had taken the child, wouldnt they be giving this information to the Portugese police to go and arrest them. I am just living in an exasperated twilight zone here to think that there could be 3 men who are KNOWN to have taken the child in a bungled burglary and everyone is talking about them lol...

I mean hello there is the INTERNET, its EVERYWHERE.

WARNING WARNING WARNING, if you are one of the 3 bungling burglars on the 3rd May who went into flat 5A of PDL and took the child, then run like hell as the great SCOTLAND YARD have got shiny new bracelets for you...I mean are we really supposed to believe this rubbish....(grabs my packet of Rennies, and quickly checks my blood-pressure AGAIN).

I just feel like throwing my hands up in the end and saying ENOUGH is ENOUGH. This is getting silly now.

Déjà vu?    Those of us who have been following closely know of course that we have been here before recently.  In fact there is a thread about it if you look back - Arrests imminent!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:50:14 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #1278 on: January 13, 2014, 08:55:29 AM »
Indeed. Both the newspapers ad SY are looking increasingly stupid in this case.

You do not warn suspects you are coming,

Exactly Stephen.  I have  feeling SY are becoming increasingly frustrated by the interference in this investigation.  It seems to be fast becoming a case of let's shake the tree and see who falls out.  The blame game?

Offline John

« Reply #1279 on: January 13, 2014, 08:58:59 AM »
Yes, but I notice they don't say anything about arresting people - that may be just media hype.

Remembering of course that SY are merely guests in Portugal and cannot arrest anyone.

Offline Benice

« Reply #1280 on: January 13, 2014, 09:35:21 AM »
There was a welcome gathering at The Millennium Restaurant where no doubt they were all given a run down on the dos and don't but I doubt Warners would have said anything about burglars.

I have always said that the tour operator were negligent on several counts and nothing I have read lately leads me to change that position.  Little wonder they parachuted in damage limitation experts after Madeleine disappeared.  The lack of security at Ocean Club was abysmal, even the staff said so!

I agree John.   It was clear from what the British Consul said that tour operators knew about burglaries and also about the British children who had been assaulted in their apartments - but chose not to publicise those facts.

Even a small hint at the Welcome Meeting to make sure folk didn't leave their apartments unlocked - saying that there had been - even just ONE recent burglary attempt could have made all the difference to the mindset of the McCanns.

I've always thought that 'guilt' was one of the reasons why the tour operators appeared to bend over backwards to give assistance to the McCanns.

The decision  not to publicise these crimes should have gone hand in hand with a decision to provide extra surveillance/security.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline jassi

« Reply #1281 on: January 13, 2014, 09:45:47 AM »
Remembering of course that SY are merely guests in Portugal and cannot arrest anyone.

That is a fair comment.
Britain has fairly draconian laws, whereby someone can be arrested and have DNA/fingerprints taken on the flimsiest of suspicions, whereas most European countries can only arrest as a final process.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline John

« Reply #1282 on: January 13, 2014, 10:41:54 AM »
What about the scooter snatcher, are we about to see him arrested too?

www.miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3011.msg106807#msg106807

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #1283 on: January 13, 2014, 10:52:01 AM »
THIS MORNING, T.V.

They spoke about this on the news headlines and the guy said its simply a request to ask any burglars in the area to come in  under caution and see if they knew anything that was going on. Almost like am amnesty, nothing to do with arresting anyone for the child being abducted...

You can catchup  on it tomorrow i expect on itVPLAYER.

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/this-morning

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1284 on: January 13, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »
Quite davel!

That quote was made about 3 days ago when...

"Police refused to give any details about the nature of the assistance being sought."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10563621/Madeleine-McCann-Scotland-Yard-requests-more-help-from-Portugal.html

IMO it is all the media 'guessing' at the moment..they don't have any facts

Estuarine

« Reply #1285 on: January 13, 2014, 11:19:27 AM »
Scam us  ?   

I don't think we're being  scammed  ...   but there is certainly a possibility that we are being mislead

How many of these stories have we been fed in recent months  ?  ...  dead heroin addict tractor driver,  child stealing  gypsies,  rogue  'cleaners',  and now,  burglars turned child snatcher

You see,  whilst we are given an endless parade of increasingly grotesque suspects we are constantly  'reminded' that the culprit  ...  the perpetrator  ...  the  abductor  is  'out there'   somewhere,  and we don't  stop to wonder,  "hang on,  if there  is  no real suspect,  perhaps the Portuguese were right all along,  and there  was  no abduction"

I am with you on this Ichabod. With no credible abductor..............?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1286 on: January 13, 2014, 12:04:26 PM »

Madeleine: Police identify burglars as prime suspects after phone calls clue.

THREE burglars have been identified by Scotland Yard as potential major suspects in the hunt for Madeleine McCann.

Daily Express

By: John Twomey
Published: Mon, January 13, 2014

Detectives in London are understood to have urged the Portuguese authorities to track down the men and detain them.

The Yard is believed to have appealed for the thieves to be arrested in an international letter of request sent to Lisbon last week.

In what could be a breakthrough in the inquiry, detectives focused on the three men after a painstaking trawl through mobile phone records.

It is understood there was significant phone traffic between them around the time three-year-old Madeleine vanished from the McCanns’ holiday home in the Algarve in May 2007.

One theory is that the burglars raided the apartment in Praia da Luz and were panicked into snatching the little girl when she woke up and started crying.

The Yard cannot discount the possibility the men are not linked to Madeleine's disappearance but it is vital they are "traced, interviewed and eliminated" as an important step in the inquiry.

Burglars were active in the area in the days before Madeleine was kidnapped and the small but significant increase in the number of break-ins has been a major focus in the Yard's inquiry.

Shortly before Madeleine was snatched, an apartment was raided and another child was disturbed.

The youngster's parents were nearby but the intruder or intruders had fled when they rushed back inside.

Identifying the burglars as possible major suspects in the hunt for Madeleine is a key part of the Yard's investigation, codenamed Operation Grange.

A source close to her parents, Kate and Gerry, said: "It could be a major breakthrough. Kate and Gerry are buoyed up by this latest development.

"Whilst they don't want to build up their hopes too high they are feeling optimistic. They felt it was only a matter of time before new clues came to light."

In a moving radio interview recently, former GP Mrs McCann, 45, said: "Six years ago my little girl Madeleine was stolen. I cannot describe the impact that awful night had on our family. It’s a horrible pain we live with every day.

"[The charity] Missing People call it living in limbo and until Madeleine is found, we are in this nightmarish limbo too.

"Missing People never gives up hope, never stops looking. They are there when it counts, supporting each family for as long as it takes. For families like mine, they are a vital lifeline."

Authorities in London and Lisbon are working to set up a joint investigation team which would take advantage of European law to speed up cross-border inquiries.

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, head of Operation Grange, has revealed that mobile records could be key to the mystery. But there are many other possible lines of inquiry.

Yesterday, a Scotland Yard spokesman confirmed an international letter of request was sent to the Portuguese last week but declined to discuss the contents.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/453500/Phone-calls-clue-leads-to-burglars-becoming-chief-Maddie-suspects
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1287 on: January 13, 2014, 12:13:21 PM »

They have no authority and any crime prosecuted would be in Portugal.

Excellent news for any criminals.. they can all now head to Portugal  8)--)) 8)--))

Lyall

« Reply #1288 on: January 13, 2014, 01:04:02 PM »
Excellent news for any criminals.. they can all now head to Portugal  8)--)) 8)--))

Perps are frequently siezed with lightning speed by police in one country on behalf of another country, and in such cases they obviously haven't gone through the slow Letter of Request process. But in those cases there's obviously compelling evidence and need for urgency recognised by both countries that there isn't in this one.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #1289 on: January 13, 2014, 01:31:34 PM »

Identifying the burglars as possible major suspects in the hunt for Madeleine is a key part of the Yard's investigation, codenamed Operation Grange.

ABSOLUTELY NOT what was spoken on the T.V. show This Morning.

They are saying that they are interested in talking to a group of possible burglars in order to find out if they had seen anything suspicious themselves but wouldnt come forward because they were afraid they would be arrested.

So they are talking about bringing them in under a PJ caution and asking them a bit like an amnesty.

NOTHING to do with arresting them for having abducted the child.

This actually makes a lot of sense as if there is a small gang working around PDL they might have some knowledge they can help the police with OR NOT...

Its otherwise all a load of WHO SHOT JOHN.

This news has been regurgitated so many times, I know it off by heart lol....

I am thinking do we need to keep BRINGING IT UP lol, not literally of course, although i have to say i have had to use my Rennies a bit more today as I feel a tad nauseous....