Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364715 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1890 on: February 06, 2014, 01:00:34 PM »

How many times do you phone home in one night if you are working?  How many times do you phone home if you are not working?

Estuarine

« Reply #1891 on: February 06, 2014, 01:03:10 PM »
The Portugal News sayshttp://theportugalnews.com/news/new-turn-in-madeleine-case/30497
. contrary to information contained in British tabloids in the past fortnight suggesting police were hot on the trail of a group of burglars, police were actually interested in speaking to three staff members who were at the resort the night Madeleine disappeared.

Sources close to the case told The Portugal News on Thursday that these individuals were of particular interest as they had made “an abnormally high number of mobile phone calls to areas outside the resort the night she went missing”.

The source explained that these calls were domestic, but unlike their colleagues who called each other as the search proceeded, the trio made domestic calls to areas of no geographical interest in the ensuing search.

So three 2007 employees, with no connection to any burglaries, are unfairly placed under suspicion, simply because they used their mobiles to call places outside PDL that night.

Who are these sources one wonders?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1892 on: February 06, 2014, 01:05:56 PM »
There is nothing wrong with employees phoning relatives/friends in their home towns.
Certain tourists that night were also making numerous calls/txts to outside PDL which could not possibly help the search.
Also there would be numerous calls that night and the next morning between PDL and other places by MW/PRcompany/consulate staff.
But only low-paid non-UK "foreigners" get targeted.
Unfair and illogical.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1893 on: February 06, 2014, 01:18:56 PM »
Who are these sources one wonders?

The counter-spin brigade  ?{)(**
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1894 on: February 06, 2014, 01:20:04 PM »
I wonder what is considered an 'abnormally high' number of calls ? Some people are welded to their phones, whereas other seldom use them.

I have to agree with you on that one.  Lots of people do business on their phone as Robert Murat and Sergei Malinka were doing that night after Madeleine disappeared.   Doesn't make them child abductors though.   8-)(--)
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1895 on: February 06, 2014, 01:23:32 PM »
There is nothing wrong with employees phoning relatives/friends in their home towns.
Certain tourists that night were also making numerous calls/txts to outside PDL which could not possibly help the search.
Also there would be numerous calls that night and the next morning between PDL and other places by MW/PRcompany/consulate staff.
But only low-paid non-UK "foreigners" get targeted.
Unfair and illogical.

Why is that?  Why is it that only Portuguese workers are being targeted when we know there were hoardes of British paedophiles lurking around??

De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1896 on: February 06, 2014, 01:51:18 PM »
Why is that?  Why is it that only Portuguese workers are being targeted when we know there were hoardes of British paedophiles lurking around??
According to that "Portugal News" report, the calls were "domestic", meaning between PDL and other parts of Portugal
If SY (illogically IMO) pick out calls that night between PDL and other areas of Portugal, inevitably SY will end up with suspects whose family/friends live in other parts of Portugal, which means mainly Portuguese nationals.

The bias in the investigative technique - selecting calls to other parts of Portugal, rather than calls to foreign countries like UK - results unintentionally yet inevitably in a bias towards harassing innocent Portuguese employees IMO. 

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1897 on: February 06, 2014, 01:56:36 PM »
I wouldn't be all that pleased if my employees were making numerous calls during working hours.
And if they weren't working what were they doing there?

Offline Carana

« Reply #1898 on: February 06, 2014, 02:01:14 PM »

Who says that only Portuguese workers are being targeted, aside from the tabloids?

The facts so far seem to be that:

- SY has launched an investigation and PT has relaunched its own one;

- potential leads have been generated by phone traffic;

- SY seems to think that Tannerman is quite likely to be Innocentman, and therefore Smithman has become the focus;

- two sets of ILoRs have been sent and received;

- various meetings have taken place;

- there are attempts to trace various people to interview them, either for the first time, or more in depth.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1899 on: February 06, 2014, 02:08:00 PM »
The original investigation of mobile phone traffic (which BTW was done by expert UK analysts who went to PDL in May 2007) found only two cases, of non-UK employees who lived outside PDL yet pinged in PDL that night outside their standard work hours.

Both cases where examined and explained. One was an employee who kindly worked late because of work-load and phoned his wife to say he would be late. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 02:09:58 PM by pegasus »

Offline jassi

« Reply #1900 on: February 06, 2014, 02:28:17 PM »
I wouldn't be all that pleased if my employees were making numerous calls during working hours.
And if they weren't working what were they doing there?

I dare say they have every right to be there - the place isn't exclusive to non-Portuguese - maybe they were having a night out.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1901 on: February 06, 2014, 02:51:08 PM »
I dare say they have every right to be there - the place isn't exclusive to non-Portuguese - maybe they were having a night out.

And had to phone relatives numerous times.  Some night out.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1902 on: February 06, 2014, 02:53:16 PM »
And had to phone relatives numerous times.  Some night out.
Maybe they were sending 'selfies'  @)(++(*

Or maybe not -

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #1903 on: February 06, 2014, 03:58:28 PM »
Maybe they were sending 'selfies'  @)(++(*

@)(++(*

How quickly times have changed!

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1904 on: February 06, 2014, 04:05:44 PM »
The Portugal News sayshttp://theportugalnews.com/news/new-turn-in-madeleine-case/30497

So three 2007 employees, with no connection to any burglaries, are unfairly placed under suspicion, simply because they used their mobiles to call places outside PDL that night.

And how do YOU know this is either fairly or unfairly?
If any of them had a criminal record it would be OK for them to be suspects.