Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364741 times)

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2175 on: February 11, 2014, 06:03:18 PM »
Many millions of pounds is definitely a lot. Whether it will be considered good value is yet to be determined.

Yes, that's putting it in a better way, jassi.

With my optimistic hat on,  if SY do make significant progress, finding out a lot more about what happened and perhaps even cracking the case, then we will say that it has been well worth the money to get answers and bring justice.

Huge amounts of public money are spent within the justice system - prison costs for example are absolutely  enormous - and we consider this, overall, a reasonable expenditure.

Offline John

« Reply #2176 on: February 11, 2014, 06:26:03 PM »
What is the task set for Operation Grange?  Is it to find Madeleine McCann or those who harmed her whoever they may be?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2177 on: February 11, 2014, 06:28:25 PM »
Yes, that's putting it in a better way, jassi.

With my optimistic hat on,  if SY do make significant progress, finding out a lot more about what happened and perhaps even cracking the case, then we will say that it has been well worth the money to get answers and bring justice.

Huge amounts of public money are spent within the justice system - prison costs for example are absolutely  enormous - and we consider this, overall, a reasonable expenditure.

Yes, though I think a more realistic comparison would be the cost of an average (if there is such a thing) murder or missing person investigation, such as Claudia Lawrence.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2178 on: February 11, 2014, 06:43:46 PM »
What is the task set for Operation Grange?  Is it to find Madeleine McCann or those who harmed her whoever they may be?

DCI Redwood has not specified.

If he was too specific with regard to setting goals the investigation could go on forever.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2179 on: February 11, 2014, 06:44:12 PM »

I would have thought it was to look at all the evidence in the case and see where it leads...where ever that may be...I don't think they would have excluded the parents unless there were very good grounds..ie no evidence...which is what the archiving report said

Redblossom

« Reply #2182 on: February 11, 2014, 10:04:55 PM »

http://content.met.police.uk/Appeal/Madeleine-McCann-Appeal--October-2013/1400020463601/1257246745782

see this one article

Met are investigating the "abduction" and further down

Under Reward section, 20 k is offered for info leading to discovery and prosecution of person(s) for the "abduction"

Two points
1. - It seems they have decided it was an abduction or are just using the term in a general reference way, which might be the case as, how could they "know" it definitely was?
2. - Seems specific that they are looking for the "abductor"(s) here

But in various earlier appeals have asked for sightings too,(in case she was still alive, as they working on her not being as well) )  ie by releasing that new progressed age photo of Madeleine aged 9

So I guess your question was the answer after all
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:16:38 PM by Redblossom »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2183 on: February 11, 2014, 11:05:28 PM »
Thanks for the links. They are doing a thorough job so they will eliminate all other leads first but they can't ignore the one that's left.

A murder team within the Homicide and Serious Crime Command was tasked to conduct the review and is led by Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood acting to Detective Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell and Commander Simon Foy.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Redblossom

« Reply #2184 on: February 11, 2014, 11:36:46 PM »
Thanks for the links. They are doing a thorough job so they will eliminate all other leads first but they can't ignore the one that's left.

A murder team within the Homicide and Serious Crime Command was tasked to conduct the review and is led by Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood acting to Detective Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell and Commander Simon Foy.

You're welcome. The Mets site is generally overlooked but partly because the Updates are so sparse

I think in missing young children cases, the UK police from the few cases I have read about, tend to switch the investigation to homicide pretty quickly. Once parental abduction is ruled out and when a child is not found quickly  it normally has sinister connotations! Those are the grim facts. The "loving couple"  illegally getting her abducted is many millions to one. Parental involvement statistics are astronomically lower than that. Child trafficking for any reason of that age and from home and in that region quite negligible. JMIO

I also agree with you they are being as meticulous as they can be
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:44:41 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2185 on: February 12, 2014, 01:46:14 AM »
You're welcome. The Mets site is generally overlooked but partly because the Updates are so sparse

I think in missing young children cases, the UK police from the few cases I have read about, tend to switch the investigation to homicide pretty quickly. Once parental abduction is ruled out and when a child is not found quickly  it normally has sinister connotations! Those are the grim facts. The "loving couple"  illegally getting her abducted is many millions to one. Parental involvement statistics are astronomically lower than that. Child trafficking for any reason of that age and from home and in that region quite negligible. JMIO

I also agree with you they are being as meticulous as they can be

Sadly I have to agree with you on all of that. The idea of Madeleine being kept alive for anything other than nefarious purposes stretches credibility.

There is no such thing as a loving family that snatches children, robs them of their identity and tortures the parents - complete
contradiction in terms.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2186 on: February 12, 2014, 05:00:32 AM »

Some unbalanced people feel they have a right to a child.  And with all of the rubbish spouted about The McCanns they probably feel as though they have rescued Madeleine.
If this is the case then there is no reasons for why they should ill treat her.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2187 on: February 12, 2014, 07:37:11 AM »
Some unbalanced people feel they have a right to a child.  And with all of the rubbish spouted about The McCanns they probably feel as though they have rescued Madeleine.
If this is the case then there is no reasons for why they should ill treat her.

I remember seeing the age progression photo of Madeleine,

She had a nice gingham dress on, a flower in her hair, & a hair band, she had a sort of half smile on her face & I just remember thinking...... someone is doing a really good job of looking after her, much better than her parents did anyway.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline sadie

« Reply #2188 on: February 12, 2014, 09:33:43 AM »
I remember seeing the age progression photo of Madeleine,

She had a nice gingham dress on, a flower in her hair, & a hair band, she had a sort of half smile on her face & I just remember thinking...... someone is doing a really good job of looking after her, much better than her parents did anyway.
So you saw an age progression picture of a missing child ... just a computer image and thought that. 

What a nasty mind you have Wspam ... can you put the boot in any deeper?

Have you seen the loving family videos ?

stephen25000

« Reply #2189 on: February 12, 2014, 09:54:50 AM »
So you saw an age progression picture of a missing child ... just a computer image and thought that. 

What a nasty mind you have Wspam ... can you put the boot in any deeper?

Have you seen the loving family videos ?

Videos are a creation, no more, no less.

They can be edited to show what you wish, and your vision is clearly coloured by adoration of the Mccanns.

The question is why, when they clearly placed their children unnecessary danger ?