Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364659 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2205 on: February 13, 2014, 12:24:10 AM »

All I have been hearing for God knows how long is that Madeleine can't have been abducted because statistics say she can't, coupled with the fact that this particular type of abduction has never happened before.
No two child abductions are ever the same.  There are always variations.  So you could say, according to that barmy thinking that child abductions never happen because they are all one of a kind.  This is patently untrue.

Offline sadie

« Reply #2206 on: February 13, 2014, 02:01:58 AM »
Spot on , you guys.

Of course statistics dont prove anything, they just show trends ... and not even that as Red has used them, because each abduction is different.

What about the little girl abducted from her bath in the UK, Red?  Where would she fit in your type of statistics?  I dont see any others from their bath with the family in the house, yet it happened. As we all know.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2207 on: February 13, 2014, 02:31:19 AM »
Spot on , you guys.

Of course statistics dont prove anything, they just show trends ... and not even that as Red has used them, because each abduction is different.

What about the little girl abducted from her bath in the UK, Red?  Where would she fit in your type of statistics?  I dont see any others from their bath with the family in the house, yet it happened. As we all know.

Yes, statistics prove very little in the individual case, as is oft repeated.

Virtually everything to do with Madeleine's disappearance has been completely out of the ordinary and without precedent, yet it engages us all.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2208 on: February 13, 2014, 07:55:31 AM »
Spot on , you guys.

In police cases, statistics give the police the experience to identify the most probable culprits and the most likely sequence of events. As with all this, statistics don't provide proof or evidence, that must be gathered separately. All it does do is identify the initial most profitable areas of investigation.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

stephen25000

« Reply #2209 on: February 13, 2014, 08:10:17 AM »
Red...That's not what SY think

Blue... you keep saying this but have miserabley been able to come up with ANYTHING...neither has anyone else...again SY are not taking this line

SY have found diddly squat.

If they had Madeleine would have been 'found'.

' .......but have miserabley been able........ '

What does that drivel mean ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2210 on: February 13, 2014, 08:25:38 AM »
SY have found diddly squat.

If they had Madeleine would have been 'found'.

' .......but have miserabley been able........ '

What does that drivel mean ?

SY are looking for an abductor...FACT...I know you are in denial but you cant change FACTS

stephen25000

« Reply #2211 on: February 13, 2014, 08:33:25 AM »
SY are looking for an abductor...FACT...I know you are in denial but you cant change FACTS

They can look for a pink elephant with wings, but it doesn't mean an abductor(s) exist(s) in this case.

Meanwhile more taxpayers money down the drain with nothing to show for it.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2212 on: February 13, 2014, 02:21:23 PM »
Finally, confirmation that arrests are not imminent.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/tempo-of-madeleine-mccann-inquiry-moving-forwards-say-detectives-9126239.html

"Deputy Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt, who is overseeing the operation, said the Yard had sent a third international letter of request to Portuguese officials linked to their inquiries."

"Mr Hewitt said so far the Yard had not asked the Portugese authorities to interview or arrest any suspects."
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Lyall

« Reply #2213 on: February 13, 2014, 02:35:26 PM »
Good spot, jassi. So that ought to end the six weeks of hype.

(until the next hype that is)

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2214 on: February 13, 2014, 02:37:24 PM »

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/tempo-of-madeleine-mccann-inquiry-moving-forwards-say-detectives-9126239.html

"Deputy Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt, who is overseeing the operation, said the Yard had sent a third international letter of request to Portuguese officials linked to their inquiries."

"Mr Hewitt said so far the Yard had not asked the Portugese authorities to interview or arrest any suspects."

The old double bluff.

Just letting the burglars think they are in the clear so they drop their guard & surface from the secret bunker.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2215 on: February 13, 2014, 02:48:06 PM »

The old double bluff.

Just letting the burglars think they are in the clear so they drop their guard & surface from the secret bunker.

Ah, of course. Silly me   @)(++(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Redblossom

« Reply #2216 on: February 13, 2014, 03:36:44 PM »

Thanks for that! Incredible. Seems the Sunday Express can instead track down people and interview them, publish pictures of ex employees at will and what not. Isnt that called perverting the course justice? Interfering in a police investigation?
Or something?

>@@(*&)

Lyall

« Reply #2217 on: February 13, 2014, 03:44:03 PM »
Thanks for that! Incredible. Seems the Sunday Express can instead track down people and interview them, publish pictures of ex employees at will and what not. Isnt that called perverting the course justice? Interfering in a police investigation?
Or something?

>@@(*&)

Not if they're not bothered about it 8)-))) I still think the police encouraged the papers originally.

Redblossom

« Reply #2218 on: February 13, 2014, 03:45:27 PM »
Not if they're not bothered about it 8)-))) I still think the police encouraged the papers originally.

Well, if they did, they just look silly now denying the reports

>@@(*&)

Unless they're  not bothered about it, lol

Lyall

« Reply #2219 on: February 13, 2014, 03:51:05 PM »
Well, if they did, they just look silly now denying the reports

>@@(*&)

Unless they're  not bothered about it, lol

The other papers probably won't bother mentioning Davenport's article, or what DAC Hewitt says.

When Davenport spoke to Hamish Campbell (article published the day he retired) the rest of the papers unashamedly spun what Campbell said didn't they: Campbell's 'persons of interest' became Suspects, and Suspects they have been ever since.