Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364790 times)

Offline VIXTE

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2265 on: February 16, 2014, 09:03:30 PM »
You realise they are being prevented from moving forward by the portuguese

There is lots of diplomacy needed..

In Portugal they can decide to keep some cases files secret for 20 and something years.. wasn't this the case with the Casa Pia files?

If the SY has the real facts, they cannot do the same with Madeleine new files..

The case has to go open in front of the whole world..

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2266 on: February 16, 2014, 09:07:58 PM »
Don't hold your breath. You guys appear to always fall for the hype and that's unfortunate.

It might be hype that significant progress is being made as we speak. But it is not hype that the Portuguese AG has reopened the case.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2267 on: February 16, 2014, 09:13:37 PM »
Exactly, SH (if I'm reading your meaning correctly).

Not sure, Lyall....

Portugal must have reasons of its own for opening the case, and they must be reasonably good ones. The cost and effort cannot be explained by saying that they have been pressured by SY or anyone else in Britain. And it doesn't work like that anyway. The AG needs to see evidence of new information in order to have the case legally re-opened. Otherwise we are saying that he has been willing fudge or falsify in order to pander to SY - and that's just not credible.

PT has opened the case for reasons of its own, one being that another crack at the investigation under fresh teams of people will give them a chance to finish the work they began in 2007 and call the investigation their own.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2268 on: February 16, 2014, 09:24:35 PM »
Not sure, Lyall....

Portugal must have reasons of its own for opening the case, and they must be reasonably good ones. The cost and effort cannot be explained by saying that they have been pressured by SY or anyone else in Britain. And it doesn't work like that anyway. The AG needs to see evidence of new information in order to have the case legally re-opened. Otherwise we are saying that he has been willing fudge or falsify in order to pander to SY - and that's just not credible.

PT has opened the case for reasons of its own, one being that another crack at the investigation under fresh teams of people will give them a chance to finish the work they began in 2007 and call the investigation their own.

Thank God for the voice of reason.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2269 on: February 16, 2014, 09:32:10 PM »
Not according Mr Hewitt.

I think Mr Hewitt is having to be very diplomatic...why are SY there? because the Portuguese have been found to be incompetent

Estuarine

« Reply #2270 on: February 16, 2014, 09:42:59 PM »
I think Mr Hewitt is having to be very diplomatic...why are SY there? because the Portuguese have been found to be incompetent
You mean when he said MPS have not yet asked for any one to be arrested or questioned he wasn't telling the truth?

Lyall

« Reply #2271 on: February 16, 2014, 09:44:45 PM »

Why are SY there? Because the PM instructed them I think.

Good job you're not in charge of diplomacy 8)--))

Lyall

« Reply #2272 on: February 16, 2014, 09:48:45 PM »
Not sure, Lyall....

Fair enough, SH. I think if we stick to what's said officially things are clearer, but the newspapers are no more reliable now than they were in 2007.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2273 on: February 16, 2014, 09:53:23 PM »
You mean when he said MPS have not yet asked for any one to be arrested or questioned he wasn't telling the truth?

have they managed to get that far yet

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2274 on: February 17, 2014, 12:02:46 AM »

Is that a woman there?

Offline Benice

« Reply #2275 on: February 17, 2014, 12:04:49 AM »

Is that a woman there?

Could it be the 'widow' mentioned under the headline?
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Lyall

« Reply #2276 on: February 17, 2014, 12:11:04 AM »
Simply more tosh.

As Public Image said: Don't believe the hype.

(Public Enemy even)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:14:49 AM by Lyall »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2277 on: February 17, 2014, 12:11:38 AM »
Yes, it could be the widow.

And this suspect is the PJ suspect.

I am not sure if the SY is looking at the same gang..

I wonder if the widow worked at OC or not?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2278 on: February 17, 2014, 12:14:40 AM »

Just as I have long suspected.

Lyall

« Reply #2279 on: February 17, 2014, 12:16:32 AM »